Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Our Free Agent Wide Receiver Options
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is your ideal Free Agent WR for the Vikings?
Mike Wallace
33%
 33%  [ 15 ]
Dwayne Bowe
20%
 20%  [ 9 ]
Greg Jennings
42%
 42%  [ 19 ]
Danny Amendola
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Wes Welker
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 45

biggsohnasty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Robb_K wrote:
I'd get Jennings, if he'll be willing to come. Adding him, together with grabbing a high-end WR with the 21st choice, will go a long way to help out Ponder, and the passing game. That, and added help in the defensive secondary and linebacker, will help this team to be able to go farther in the playoffs, and win the NFC North.

If MN signs Jennings and keeps Harvin, I wouldnt draft a round 1 WR. If Harvin is then traded after signing Jennings, then the first rd pick could be used on a WR.

Id love to get Jennings and draft Cordarrelle Patterson, who can fill the void left by Harvin at KR and some of the underneath stuff Harvin does, with Wright largely in the slot. Jenkins and Simpson fill out the roster as reserves.

This

Wright/Simpson/Childs(minor miracle)/lateRd WR can all compete for playing time after Jennings and Patterson.

The beauty of it would be that Jennings is pretty interchangeable, Patterson probably has the athletic talent to play multiple spots (tho brain may not).

Sign Jennings, Draft Patterson, Trade Harvin for late 1st/early 2nd and use the next 3 picks to get a LB, DT, CB/S and get depth/BPA
eman9416

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think about a late round flyer on Marquess Wilson out of Washington State?

He has talent to be a second or third round pick easily but his exit out of college could have him drop pretty far. I think he would be worth a 5th or 6th round pick easily. He has the upside to develop into a solid NFL starter and at the very least, be used for depth. He couldn't be worse than Devin Aromashodont
Klomp

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randy Moss anyone?
[UMN]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eman9416 wrote:
What do you guys think about a late round flyer on Marquess Wilson out of Washington State?

He has talent to be a second or third round pick easily but his exit out of college could have him drop pretty far. I think he would be worth a 5th or 6th round pick easily. He has the upside to develop into a solid NFL starter and at the very least, be used for depth. He couldn't be worse than Devin Aromashodont

I don't see any chance that Wilson gets drafted. He would be worth a UDFA look though.
[UMN]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Randy Moss anyone?

has one player ever been traded away, traded for, cut and then resigned by the same team?

Laughing

I would love it though. I think Frazier is the type of coach that could motivate Randy.
Klomp

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Randy Moss anyone?

has one player ever been traded away, traded for, cut and then resigned by the same team?

Laughing

I would love it though. I think Frazier is the type of coach that could motivate Randy.

I agree. Plus it would make Percy happy!

Harvin
Moss
Wright
Simpson
Childs/Burton/Jenkins/FA/Rookie
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Randy Moss anyone?

Laughing

don't forget a retirement in there too!

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Thanatos

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
[UMN] wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Randy Moss anyone?

Laughing

I agree. Plus it would make Percy happy!

Harvin
Moss
Wright
Simpson
Childs/Burton/Jenkins/FA/Rookie

No, please no.
this providence

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All that routes that Wallace runs are things we just don't see in this offense, nor are those throws what I would consider a strength in Ponder's game. I don't think he's a very good fit at all.

I think this team would get a ton out of Bowe or Jennings; in a perfect world. I say that because I really question if either are all that safe of an option. Both are ideal possession players that suit Ponder the best but Bowe has always been an in and out player and Jennings injury issues and age would scare me away some. I think for what the Vikings would have to commit, I'd avoid them.

Depending on what Miami does this offseason, I think Hartline is the best fit. Bigger frame player that runs very crisp routes on every level. Has shown the ability to get deep when needed. Gets the most out of his talent level which is something this regime seems to target.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Hartline a lot, he would be a cheaper alternative, is a nice route runner, has good hands and does a good job in the intermediate area of the field, which is really the bread and butter for any good receiver.

Hartline is also younger than Bowe and Jennings, cheaper, and doesnt have injury or personality concerns.

Hartline is a player that the Vikes should target and he shouldnt be ignored for bigger names like Jennings and Bowe if there is potentially drastically bigger savings. Signing a player like Jennigns means that Harvin probably doesnt have much future in MN, given the contract that Harvin will want. Extending Harvin is much more doable with Hartlines' contract than Jennings.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this providence wrote:
All that routes that Wallace runs are things we just don't see in this offense, nor are those throws what I would consider a strength in Ponder's game. I don't think he's a very good fit at all.

I think this team would get a ton out of Bowe or Jennings; in a perfect world. I say that because I really question if either are all that safe of an option. Both are ideal possession players that suit Ponder the best but Bowe has always been an in and out player and Jennings injury issues and age would scare me away some. I think for what the Vikings would have to commit, I'd avoid them.

Depending on what Miami does this offseason, I think Hartline is the best fit. Bigger frame player that runs very crisp routes on every level. Has shown the ability to get deep when needed. Gets the most out of his talent level which is something this regime seems to target.

I think Miami would be smart to resign Hartline. He looks like a very good #2 WR for them.

If its down to Bowe or Jennings, I'm still taking Jennings. He's consistent, he runs great routes, he doesn't have drop issues, and he's the kind of guy who would bring a veteran presence to the younger guys and provide leadership.

I don't know if you can get that out of Dwayne Bowe. Great player, but there just seems like he misses the little stuff.

oh, and just out of curiosity, what has Ramses Barden done in his career for people to think he'll be a productive player for this team? What does he bring to the table?

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dolphins did only one contract extension during the 2012 season, a modest deal for backup Jason Trusnik. But they did include Hartline among the handful of players to whom they offered extensions.

How’d that go?

“It was, I would say, something I would have thought about last year,” Hartline said of Miami’s offer. “Midway through this year, where my situation was at, it just didn’t match up. It wasn’t the worst thing in the world but it was outdated, I would say.”

He’s being kind. Hartline actually was initially upset with the offer and had to be talked off a proverbial ledge by agent Drew Rosenhaus.

“I’m thinking, ‘How am I expected to respond to this?’ ” Hartline admitted. “But we decided to look on the bright side. I looked at it from the Dolphins’ viewpoint, which was they want to start talking, which is always good.”

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/06/3169325/armando-salguero-miami-dolphins.html
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overkill on the receivers. If the Vikings land one of the top three WR free agents AND keep Harvin then I expect the Vikings to push receiver down to a 3rd or 4th round need.
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Titans where to release Kenny Britt after his most recent events, would we be interested?

Todd Gurley to Minnesota!
arKnaD7

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
If the Titans where to release Kenny Britt after his most recent events, would we be interested?

No

Quote:
This becomes Britt's ninth known incident involving the police since he entered the NFL in 2009. He has made two separate visits to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to discuss his off-the-field behavior.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000125884/article/kenny-britt-wanted-for-questioning-by-nj-police

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: