Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who else recognizes Pete Carrol's genious?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
klyon7634

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
The praise is appreciated.

Though I have to strongly, strongly disagree with you about our offensive line. It is putrid. Marshawn Lynch was 2nd in the league last year among running backs that were hit at the line of scrimmage and that doesn't look much better this season. The pass pro is inconsistent, though they did look good this week.

This team has a lot of young, upcoming talent, but we're not there yet.

Agree with SOS the O-line needs alot of work. They did look better against the cowgirls but id like to see that on a consistant basis

Creative. So much for me supporting you guys. And yeah you did. Our starting DE and NT was out.

This was like 4 months ago haha

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
sirensong

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RT and RG both need new blood at the position. Breno has been admirable when you look at how far hes come but he cant be the answer come next year. Sweezy is a nice project and brings depth but he shouldnt be starting in the CFL, hes a turnstile in pass pro, and Moffit just hasnt developed no matter how good he is on Real Rob we cant go into the season with him penciled in again not with the injuries and lack of growth.

Unger and Okung are obviously the anchors of our line especially Big Russ. Carp is the wild card, hes looked fantastic between Okung and Unger at times but has major injury concerns and I dont want McQuistan on this team anymore.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Who else recognizes Pete Carrol's genious? Reply with quote

Str8Wreckin08 wrote:

J.R Sweazy, and excellent strong side guard with a defensive minded mentallity. Carpenter at Weak side guard is really an mismatch. You guys sould be able to shore up the right tackle spot this off season in the draft. You can easily find a starting caliber tackle late in the draft 4-5 round. One example is baltimore with Jah Ried.

I've watched every Seahawks game this season except yesterday's game which is next on the docket for me, Sweezey's been below average and he didn't play well last week. Everyone here that watches the Seahawks know they need a RG/RT upgrade because the Seahawks don't run as well to the right side.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
The praise is appreciated.

Though I have to strongly, strongly disagree with you about our offensive line. It is putrid. Marshawn Lynch was 2nd in the league last year among running backs that were hit at the line of scrimmage and that doesn't look much better this season. The pass pro is inconsistent, though they did look good this week.

This team has a lot of young, upcoming talent, but we're not there yet.
i think Carroll and Schneider haven't necessarily been great at evaluating OL talent. But I do think they've placed the needed priority on it in their time here.

Not at guard. At least not enough for me. They certainly have at the perimeter tackle spots, but they've settled for a 3rd rounder, a journeyman backup, and a 7th round project as our guard depth this season. That's inexcusable when it was by far our worst position. But you're right, I don't think they're ignoring it like Ruskell did.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Who else recognizes Pete Carrol's genious? Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
Str8Wreckin08 wrote:

J.R Sweazy, and excellent strong side guard with a defensive minded mentallity. Carpenter at Weak side guard is really an mismatch. You guys sould be able to shore up the right tackle spot this off season in the draft. You can easily find a starting caliber tackle late in the draft 4-5 round. One example is baltimore with Jah Ried.

I've watched every Seahawks game this season except yesterday's game which is next on the docket for me, Sweezey's been below average and he didn't play well last week. Everyone here that watches the Seahawks know they need a RG/RT upgrade because the Seahawks don't run as well to the right side.

Below average would be a compliment. He and McQuistin have be in competition for the worst starting guards in the league.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Who else recognizes Pete Carrol's genious? Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
Str8Wreckin08 wrote:

Below average would be a compliment. He and McQuistin have be in competition for the worst starting guards in the league.

Didn't Moffitt get beat out by Sweezy? I would add him to that list as well if thats the case.
chpjns15

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Who else recognizes Pete Carrol's genious? Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
Str8Wreckin08 wrote:

Didn't Moffitt get beat out by Sweezy? I would add him to that list as well if thats the case.

Starting guards. But yeah, I think Sweezy is in because Cable thinks he has lots of potential. He definitely could, you have to remember this is his first year playing guard

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
chpjns15

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it would be interesting at what we thought when Moffit got injured last year:

SoS:
Quote:
The run game did not take a huge step backward with backup guard Lemaneul Jean-Pierre stepping in, who is expected to fulfill the starting RG spot at this time.

BigJoe0075:
Quote:
Major bummer. I really liked his progression so far this season. He will be a solid Guard. Hopefully this doesn't set him back.

Klyon7634:
Quote:
Terrible news. Moffitt was just starting to get things figured out and now this happens.

Hope for a quick recovery and to see him back next year dominating the line!!!!

For the most part, it seems like we were in consensus agreement that we all liked his progression and thought he was playing well. The injury must have set him back really far... Crying or Very sad

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: