Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Build-a-Mock V1.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jebrick

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Jackson, is staying in school.

I like Swearinger but 2nd seems a bit high

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for telling me, jebrick.

I edited, changed from Andrew Jackson to Aaron Mellette, the wide receiver.

I'm personally not too fascinated with the idea of drafting a safety in round 2 alone but he fits our system very well. It may be a reach from such perception but he's a right player within our system and will have an immediate impact.

Also keep that in mind... If we do not go for Jesse Williams and go with a receiver (I'm hoping the Steelers would surprise us, especially me on this one) and go with either D. Hopkins from Clemson, K. Allen from California, or C. Patterson from Tennessee) and I expect to substitute 4th round with Kapoor Lewis-Moore from Notre Dame. It's technically an interchangable mock for me. We need to draft at least a D-lineman for depth purpose anyway.
stefan52268

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your mock for the must part gator. I'm a bug fan of Aaron Mellette. He had a lot of promise.

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, I think he won't stir up much of hype like Brian Quick due to better media coverage and Quick's style seem more attractive compared to Mellette but man, Mellette is a player who can overproduce his potentials due to his blue-collar attitude and complete focus (ala cortez Allen version of WR) and with his size, it is nice having that kind of player!
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
Andrew Jackson, is staying in school.

I like Swearinger but 2nd seems a bit high
damn. That doesn't seem like a wise choice to me. Confused

A his point I think Swearinger will be there for he steelers in the 3rd or Joshua Evans
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather wait until 3rd round or later too, but its likely to be a safety in round 2. It was between DJ Swearinger or Shamarko Thomas.
The36Bus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any thoughts on Phillip Thomas, S, Fresno State? Seems like a good prospect, he's listed on the sleepers article on the front page. 3rd/4th rounder?
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phillip Thomas isn't really a sleeper, neither is Marqus Hunt.

The list is somewhat incorrect.

However Phillip Thomas fits best for a centerfield Free safety role. We move our safety around a lot so I don't know how that works within Thomas' strength. Definitely has some potentials though, better comparison would be Jairus Byrd who benefited a lot from being a centerfield Free Safety but doesn't really affect in other aspects of game at least from what I saw.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
Phillip Thomas isn't really a sleeper, neither is Marqus Hunt.

The list is somewhat incorrect.

However Phillip Thomas fits best for a centerfield Free safety role. We move our safety around a lot so I don't know how that works within Thomas' strength. Definitely has some potentials though, better comparison would be Jairus Byrd who benefited a lot from being a centerfield Free Safety but doesn't really affect in other aspects of game at least from what I saw.
why doesn't this team need a better FS center field type ball hawk than Ryan Clark who has never been that type of FS?

Phillip Thomas, Swearinger or Joshua Evans, in the 3rd would be good selections IMO.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SteelProven

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Robert Golden and believe he'll be a player next season. He already has done a few things schematically that I like. He's line up at nickle CB and FS which would allow the Steelers to maybe test some new ground.

The Steelers need a SS, someone who can back up Troy!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides his athleticism the thing that I like most about Swearringer is his fire/enthusiasm, something that I believe this team is lacking. This roster needs a Peezy.

...you have a forum resume?
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
I like Robert Golden and believe he'll be a player next season. He already has done a few things schematically that I like. He's line up at nickle CB and FS which would allow the Steelers to maybe test some new ground.

The Steelers need a SS, someone who can back up Troy!
i like him also but I'm not comfortable with him being a future starter at this point. He can be like one of the last DBs that can be the 4th or 5th cb and a FS if needed but this team needs talented young players at safety.
I'm concerned with not only Troys injury history but Clark's age. If either go down it greatly hurts the defense.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
Besides his athleticism the thing that I like most about Swearringer is his fire/enthusiasm, something that I believe this team is lacking. This roster needs a Peezy.
i definitely agree with that. Elam from Florida has that also. Some tenacity
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... Turtle28 have you seen how we used our safeties?

We don't leave safeties isolated anymore, not at least since Chris Hope. If we switch back, maybe Elam and P. Thomas will be a good fit.

Right now I only see two being good fit and versatile for our scheme, that's DJ Swearinger and Shamarko Thomas.

Funny you mentioned this, Turtle28. WHICH safety will be benched for one of our rookie safety? None this season barring injury and that's even questionable if we keep Will Allen. DJ Swearinger and Shamarko Thomas will be easily benched in first season but will be likely to contribute in future once they got their feet wet.

Hate to be that guy, but don't get the love for Elam...? Not a good fit.
jebrick

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:
i definitely agree with that. Elam from Florida has that also. Some tenacity

I watched a game with So. Car vs Georgia in which, in 3 plays, he got a personal foul, a pick 6, and a personal foul. Three plays. Fire, yes. Under control? No.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: