Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jarius Byrd

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
l3lind golfer


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 38102
Location: California
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:40 am    Post subject: Jarius Byrd Reply with quote

This is a guy I feel we really need to go after in free agency. He's arguably the best cover safety in the entire league and would give our defense a huge upgrade and is a huge need for us.

How much money do you guys think he will command in the open market and do we have a realistic shot at signing him?

EDIT: I was just checking out the Bills forum and it looks like the fans are saying the worst case scenario is that he is franchise tagged. Damn....
_________________


Last edited by l3lind golfer on Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 49617
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably 8 to 10 million a year. But he'd definitely top my list of UFAs. Buffalo could franchise tag him though...probably will.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
l3lind golfer


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 38102
Location: California
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Probably 8 to 10 million a year. But he'd definitely top my list of UFAs. Buffalo could franchise tag him though...probably will.


Yeah, I just put that into my edit after reading the Bills forum. That really sucks.

Do we have the cap to sign someone to that kind of money? I have no idea what our cap situation looks like.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Brodie


Joined: 17 Apr 2012
Posts: 1882
Location: Oakland
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would freaking love him on this team. Idk if we can afford to pay that much for a safety tho
_________________


Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 49617
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Probably 8 to 10 million a year. But he'd definitely top my list of UFAs. Buffalo could franchise tag him though...probably will.


Yeah, I just put that into my edit after reading the Bills forum. That really sucks.

Do we have the cap to sign someone to that kind of money? I have no idea what our cap situation looks like.


We can create the cap to. Laughing
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flatlyner


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 5974
Location: WESTCOAST
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with these potential free agent safeties are the relative scarcity of good safeties available. Meaning its hard for me to believe Byrd, Moore, Goldson, etc will ever see the open market, unfortunately.

I hear a great safety by the name of Dahl will be a free agent though Laughing
_________________
WELCOME TO THE RAMS:
Greg Robinson
Aaron Donald
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 46804
Location: Paul George's Bed.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
The problem with these potential free agent safeties are the relative scarcity of good safeties available. Meaning its hard for me to believe Byrd, Moore, Goldson, etc will ever see the open market, unfortunately.

I hear a great safety by the name of Dahl will be a free agent though Laughing



http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2013/1/11/3865382/heres-craig-dahls-2012-season-through-gifs
_________________


mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The J.R.S.


Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Posts: 3970
Location: Next to Waldo
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:
The problem with these potential free agent safeties are the relative scarcity of good safeties available. Meaning its hard for me to believe Byrd, Moore, Goldson, etc will ever see the open market, unfortunately.

I hear a great safety by the name of Dahl will be a free agent though Laughing



http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2013/1/11/3865382/heres-craig-dahls-2012-season-through-gifs


No way he finds a job.
_________________


Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
STLRamsFan99


Joined: 17 Aug 2012
Posts: 1462
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
The problem with these potential free agent safeties are the relative scarcity of good safeties available. Meaning its hard for me to believe Byrd, Moore, Goldson, etc will ever see the open market, unfortunately.

I hear a great safety by the name of Dahl will be a free agent though Laughing


We still have time to franchise tag him don't worry guys.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Memphis Ram


Joined: 06 Feb 2009
Posts: 77
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Byrd has franchise tag written all over him.

That said of the guy who do become available, I can't help but to think that the DEEEEEEEP safety draft class might have some affect on their pricetags.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group