Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General News - Buc's Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm wonder if somehow the ravens and Flacco don't work out a deal Upgrade at qb haha. One can wish
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all seriousness though. I'd rather let Bennett walk and go after Paul Kruegar. His motor is non stop. Major upgrade over Bennett and Baltimore isn't letting Flacco walk. Won't afford it.
5nick5

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Alfred Morris made 2nd team all pro at RB over Doug Martin. This grids my gears. No way was he better than the muscle hamster.

Alfred Morris had so much more going for him. For one, people were always afraid that RG3 would keep the ball and run with it, Mike Shannahan has the famous zone-blocking scheme, and his OL was fairly healthy throughout the year.

Martin had much more to overcome and as a whole, played better than Morris in my opinion.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt-a-Buc - Johnthan Banks 40 Tackles 2INT 5PD
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Alfred Morris made 2nd team all pro at RB over Doug Martin. This grids my gears. No way was he better than the muscle hamster.

Alfred Morris had so much more going for him. For one, people were always afraid that RG3 would keep the ball and run with it, Mike Shannahan has the famous zone-blocking scheme, and his OL was fairly healthy throughout the year.

Martin had much more to overcome and as a whole, played better than Morris in my opinion.

my thoughts exactly

we had a crappy oline (compared to what we would have had with Nicks and Joseph) , at times freeman made us 1 dimensional , and Freeman doesnt give nearly the running threat RG3 does

all things considered Martin had alot better year

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/AJaClay/status/292280746020851712

Quote:
Bout to see my doc...hopefully I get some good news and I can start running

https://twitter.com/AJaClay/status/292301317186150400

Quote:
Knee is good!

Encouraging news. Our defense definitely missed Clayborn last season. Having him healthy for minicamp would be huge.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More news about our coaching hires.

https://twitter.com/RCummingsTBO/status/292362415109189632

Quote:
John McNulty is jolining the Bucs staff as their new QBs coach.

https://twitter.com/RCummingsTBO/status/292362570311012353

Quote:
Randy Melvin will remain with the Bucs as their D-line coach, Bucs GM Mark Dominik said today

No surprise about McNulty. He should serve as the OC in waiting because Sully seems destined to be a HC in the near future. Good news for Freeman too.

Really strange story with Melvin. Rumor had it he was let go, but it seems that now he is sticking around. Not sure what happened here.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like McNulty's potential to be a good playcaller. He'll learn the offense under Sully.

I thought he'd be a better fit as WRs coach. But he did do a good job with Kevin Kolb this year, as he was playing excellent the first 4 games of the year (4-0) before a concussion ended his season.

Not sure if it was a fluke or not, but Freeman is physcially more talented. But let's see if he can mentally fix his game.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
I like McNulty's potential to be a good playcaller. He'll learn the offense under Sully.

I thought he'd be a better fit as WRs coach. But he did do a good job with Kevin Kolb this year, as he was playing excellent the first 4 games of the year (4-0) before a concussion ended his season.

Not sure if it was a fluke or not, but Freeman is physcially more talented. But let's see if he can mentally fix his game.

I think he'll challenge Freeman to get better and he will. I might be in the minority in the fact that I think Free will be great next year.

#TradeUpForTeddy
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

I think he'll challenge Freeman to get better and he will. I might be in the minority in the fact that I think Free will be great next year.

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=81970

If Freeman's going to be great he better improve in this area. Bottom in te league in 3rd down percentage.

Quote:
After all, if Freeman set passing records for the Bucs franchise, it would stand to reason his third down conversion wasn’t too bad, no?

Apparently, no!

The thinktank crowd of ProFootballFocus.com decided to analyze their files to find the most clutch quarterbacks in 2012. Surprisingly, Freeman was in the bottom third in the NFL.

Freeman was ranked No. 24, just above Mark Sanchez and Brandon Weeden and just below Carson Palmer and Ryan Tannehill.
Clearly, if the Bucs are going to make the playoffs next season — a critical season for Freeman’s tenure as the Bucs’ starting quarterback — this is an area in which Freeman must rank among the top half of the NFL, not the bottom half.

Ouch to the Bolded. Need to convert to keep the defense off the field.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the WR coach position has been filled.

http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/1/20/3897352/buccaneers-hire-john-garrett-as-wide-receivers-coach
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:

http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/1/20/3897352/buccaneers-hire-john-garrett-as-wide-receivers-coach

Interesting. I don't know too much about him outside of what I have read on his wikipedia page. At least he seems to be qualified.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ehh I still think they should have made McNutly the Wrs coach. He's had 1 experience as qbs coach and got fired after that.

In sure their was someone more qualified and worked with qbs.

I'm not liking the moves actually.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Doug Martin goes to the pro bowl.

*cough* Should have been going originally *cough*

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
So Doug Martin goes to the pro bowl.

*cough* Should have been going originally *cough*

Is ronde going now too?
RoeKG

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:

I like what this says. He coached Jason Witten and coordinated the Cowboys passing game (did I get that right?)? Sounds pretty awesome.

Having connections to Martellus Bennett don't hurt, either Wink

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 11 of 100

Jump to: