Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears to interview Dennison
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Bears to interview Dennison Reply with quote

i dont guess it would hurt much to lose him since kubiak calls the plays anyways

2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
22 catches 262 yards
kenney

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good. Please take him.
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
Good. Please take him.

LOL Id rather give them Gary
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
kenney wrote:
Good. Please take him.

LOL Id rather give them Gary

i dont understand all the hate on Kubiak

2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
22 catches 262 yards
canyon1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont understand why everyone hates Kubiak ... we are now 13-4 including a playoff win... we STILL have one of the younger teams in the league and are still in a position to win the super bowl. Yea this team pisses me off bec we have everything to make a good push i just think everyone thought we were so deep everywhere that we were unstopable. Well we have three major holes held together by bubble gum and elmers glue (ILB,DT,RIGHT SIDE OF THE LINE) this offseason we will be looking to fix that. No matter what this team had a great year and id take this texan team over the DOM CAPER era any time day or night. We cant be the the undefeated teams every team has bad games I think we are still good.
MLB: Tigers
NHL: Red Wings
NCAAB: Michigan
NCAAF: Michigan
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
Good. Please take him.

You know whats funny - this is pretty much the response from every fan base for every single OC the Bears have interviewed. Does everyone hate their OC?

Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
amazingandre

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
kenney wrote:
Good. Please take him.

You know whats funny - this is pretty much the response from every fan base for every single OC the Bears have interviewed. Does everyone hate their OC?

Well in our case, Gary Kubiak is basically the OC, he calls the plays and designs the game plan, its been that way since he took over, thats how our offense looks the same even though weve been through numerous OC's....
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:
kenney wrote:
Good. Please take him.

Well in our case, Gary Kubiak is basically the OC, he calls the plays and designs the game plan, its been that way since he took over, thats how our offense looks the same even though weve been through numerous OC's....

To be fair the last season lil Shanny was here the offense was borderline explosive.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
20 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 3 ff
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
kenney wrote:
Good. Please take him.

I think this is a square peg in a square hole type of fit - the biggest issue with the Bears is the OL, and Dennison cut his teeth coaching OLs. He's got working experience with Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall, as he was the guy who was their OC in their first few years in Denver. He's got a RB who fits every example of a ZBS runner in Matt Forte. He's got good experience working with Mike Tice, who I've heard is still on the coaching staff (correct me if I'm wrong). Jermey Bates, the QB coach - yep, a former understudy of Dennison in Denver.

Where this makes the most sense is with the GM/HC dynamics. Dennison will be getting his first shot at calling the whole show. From the looks of it, the Lovie Smith/Phil Emory relationship was a pretty tenuous one - both wanted the power of the other guy, neither was willing to concede to the other one. Dennison has no Shanny illusions - he's the HC, the GM is the GM. Emory is the one giving him the shot, and it would be foolish to bite the hand that will feed him his first go-round as the coach with the big paycheck. Emory found a guy who will concede to his line of thought, Dennison found a guy willing to give him a shot. Win/win for both...for now.

I'd say as soon as the Texans are done with the season, this one is a done deal. Contract is probably written up, all it needs is Dennison's signature.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
CAS22

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:
kenney wrote:
Good. Please take him.

I think this is a square peg in a square hole type of fit - the biggest issue with the Bears is the OL, and Dennison cut his teeth coaching OLs. He's got working experience with Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall, as he was the guy who was their OC in their first few years in Denver. He's got a RB who fits every example of a ZBS runner in Matt Forte. He's got good experience working with Mike Tice, who I've heard is still on the coaching staff (correct me if I'm wrong). Jermey Bates, the QB coach - yep, a former understudy of Dennison in Denver.

Where this makes the most sense is with the GM/HC dynamics. Dennison will be getting his first shot at calling the whole show. From the looks of it, the Lovie Smith/Phil Emory relationship was a pretty tenuous one - both wanted the power of the other guy, neither was willing to concede to the other one. Dennison has no Shanny illusions - he's the HC, the GM is the GM. Emory is the one giving him the shot, and it would be foolish to bite the hand that will feed him his first go-round as the coach with the big paycheck. Emory found a guy who will concede to his line of thought, Dennison found a guy willing to give him a shot. Win/win for both...for now.

I'd say as soon as the Texans are done with the season, this one is a done deal. Contract is probably written up, all it needs is Dennison's signature.

This scares the hell out of me. The thought of Greg Knapp calling plays for us next year makes me want to gouge my eyes out.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's officially interviewing Friday.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
20 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 3 ff
kenney

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAS22 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:
kenney wrote:
Good. Please take him.

This scares the hell out of me. The thought of Greg Knapp calling plays for us next year makes me want to gouge my eyes out.

I'm not as bothered by it. Knapp was clearly integral to Schaub's most efficient year as our QB and made Yates a viable spot-starter when by all rights he shouldn't have been.

I don't think Knapp should be held responsible for having inadequate personnel who were resistant to running what he wanted on offense. Although, I am much more interested in the Raiders' 2011 offensive guru, Hue Jackson. He has the fire and creativity I'd like to see us employ on offense, and he was rumored to be Rick Smith's top choice as a head coach replacement for Gary Kubiak if Kubiak was fired.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canyon1 wrote:
I dont understand why everyone hates Kubiak ... we are now 13-4 including a playoff win... we STILL have one of the younger teams in the league and are still in a position to win the super bowl. Yea this team pisses me off bec we have everything to make a good push i just think everyone thought we were so deep everywhere that we were unstopable. Well we have three major holes held together by bubble gum and elmers glue (ILB,DT,RIGHT SIDE OF THE LINE) this offseason we will be looking to fix that. No matter what this team had a great year and id take this texan team over the DOM CAPER era any time day or night. We cant be the the undefeated teams every team has bad games I think we are still good.

Imagine how long Lovie Smith or Rex Ryan would last if their defenses were the things holding their teams back? Texans were mired in mediocrity until Wade came in and fixed the defense without even the benefit of a real offseason, in stark contrast to all the wasted time and salary from Kubiak's hires. Instead of firing Kubiak, McNair basically stripped him of any defensive voice and gave the power to Rick Smith to make value based decisions to insure there was not a repeat of stupid crap like drafting 4 TE's to go with Daniels and Dreeseen while we lacked at least 4 vital parts of a secondary and pass rush.

So Kubiak is left to focus on a few things, namely the offense, game management, and leadership. The offense may statistically produce yardage in the top 10 in the league, but it has been clearly outclassed in nearly every matchup against top flight teams and unable to carry the team in crunch time aside from against lowly teams like Jax and Detroit. A playcaller makes his living on 3rd downs and in the red zone and Kubiak has been horribly uncreative and predictable in these critical situations. Maybe he has just brilliantly been setting everyone up all season for the massive tendency breaker of actually passing on 1st or 2nd down inside the 10! For the 7th straight year he failed to develop/utilize a #2 WR to minimize our dependence on the Hall of Famer he inherited which will limit our success against defenses featuring elite corners who have consistently shut AJ down. Game Management has improved a bit, but he remains Lovie-esque with unwinnable challenges, questionable clock management, and a poor decision-making on kick/go for it situations to the point where he now basically is playing for field goals and counting on Wade's D to hold opponents to under 20. As for leadership, I have come to appreciate some of Kubiak's even-keel demeanor, but failing to get this team to seal home field advantage with essentially a 2 game lead was in the same zip code of Lovie not being able to eek out a playoff birth with a 7-1 start. If you had any questions about Kubiak not understanding how running up the carries with Foster would bite him in the end, check out his "mentor" who didn't see the problem in continuing to call running plays with RG3 and keeping him out there in the 3rd Q when clearly he was no longer capable of doing the things that make him great.

I'm not banging the "Fire Kubiak drum" as he certainly deserves some credit for a solid season and a loss to the Patriots in the 2nd round isn't falling short of anyone's realistic pre-season expectations, but I do think we're at the point where 2013 will come with an expectation that the offense steps up and becomes something that can lead us to a Super Bowl along with other steps that separate us from the elite, such as special teams, short yardage, and winning big games. The way I see it, our window of opportunity begins narrowing at the conclusion of this season as we simply cannot count on many more seasons where the health of our Pro Bowl unit of Schaub, AJ, Foster, D. Brown, Myers, W. Smith, and OD is in tact an entire season and we are borrowed time already with Wade Phillips. Obviously, any wins beyond this week and Kubiak is a legend in this town and gets to thumb his nose at everyone who doubted him an the teams choke job down the stretch. I'm all for Clutch City Part 2 and will revere him alongside Rudy T if he pulls it off!

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think of him as a coach?

What do you think of him as a person and a leader?

Does he ever call plays?
jch1911

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't think this deserved its own thread....

Quote:
Broncos hired ex-Raiders OC Greg Knapp as quarterbacks coach.
per rotoworld

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: