Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lurie out, Alex in Mock!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unrealistic, you are more likely to get struck by lightning twice than winning the lottery, and in order to be able to afford the franchise you would need to win the lotto like 10 times assuming the jackpot is $300,000,000 each time you win.

Laughing

Stokley won't leave Denver and playing with Manning for a re-building team

Havili actually played well when on the field, Fatty McReid just hates the I-Formation for some reason even though we were very successful with it this past season.

Allen will be luck to fetch a conditional pick.

Unless his offseason is lights out, I don't see any QB going #1, especially with the rookie payscale making it easier to take another position.

Meh on Joeckel, like Hopkins, McDonald is okay, no chance in hell Williams is there in the 3rd, And no chance Pugh is there in the 4th. Rest is meh, not really a fan, and a bit unrealistic.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Havili actually played well when on the field, Fatty McReid just hates the I-Formation for some reason even though we were very successful with it this past season.
Great point, forgot to mention about that in my post. I'm obviously biased about Havili, but I think did an ok job. Plus Schmitt didn't even have a job all of last season iIrc.
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollEagles wrote:
I like it all except for two things. I don't think trading DeSean is the right move. We need to add a big receiver that draws a lot of attention which might open up the deep ball for DeSean.

The second thing I didn't like was where you had Jessie Williams being drafted. He will be long gone by the 3rd round. Some people have him as a late first/early second.

Yeah this is how I feel as well.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
AlexM23

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRUTH wrote:
Nate Allen has trade value?

I think so, Browns could use another safety. While he wasn't anywhere as good as last year he's still young and it's not like we were getting great compensation in return for this trade anyway.

Eagles_808 wrote:
I'm so sorry, but there is no way DeSean gets traded this offseason IMO. Let's bring in a true #1 and move DeSean to the #2 guy and see how he opens the field up. Plus the dead money is way too much to eat, as mentioned above.

I do love the TJ McDonald pick. Very Happy

Doesn't sound like McCoy is interested in us, and his interview apparently went bad.

Figured you'd like the McDonald pick. Laughing

Well in realty there may be no way DeSean gets traded but this an off-season based on if I were in charge. And is the dead money really too much? After all the re-signings and free agents signed, mostly to modest deals they'll take roughly around 18m from next years cap. However as for all those cuts, we'll save close to 50m, giving us plenty of room.

baconrad3 wrote:
Don't like FA at all.........The only acquisition I like is Kruger, and I'm not too sure if Baltimore lets him go. He has really came into his own this season. And how can we just assume that he can play a 4-3 SAM position? Has he done it before?

Stokley would be worthless here. The only reason he is decent at all this year is because of Peyton Manning.

Draft is pretty good.

As everyone has said, trading DeSean is a big no no.

Just wanted to point out that our secondary in this is very meh. Marsh as our starting CB and a 30 year old Grimes coming off a major injury (can't remember if it was ACL or achilles)....No thank you. Should have went after a CB early in the draft here. And Crocker is not that great....McDonald is very up in the air.

A starting secondary of Grimes-McDonald-Crocker-Marsh scares the crap out of me.

I would have liked to go CB early but then people would be worried about the receivers situation or the safeties. We've got so many holes on this team, it's impossible to fix all of them in a single off-season.

Don't really get the Stokley complaint. I don't care if it was Manning who made him decent, he's not here to win us a SB and same goes for Crocker and Grimes to an extent. Veteran guys who can fill in whilst we transition and mentor some of the younger players along the way.

The secondary looks pretty bad you're right but I'd like to see what we've got with Curtis Marsh next season and if he's crap then we can look to the draft next year and take a CB early.

RollEagles wrote:
I like it all except for two things. I don't think trading DeSean is the right move. We need to add a big receiver that draws a lot of attention which might open up the deep ball for DeSean.

The second thing I didn't like was where you had Jessie Williams being drafted. He will be long gone by the 3rd round. Some people have him as a late first/early second.

I've already explained why I'd rather trade DeSean over Maclin. As for the bigger receiver, while Hopkins is only 6'1 he plays much taller than that. And I think I should be allowed to draft a fellow Aussie wherever I want without being questioned.

Kiltman on the sig
AlexM23

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Unrealistic, you are more likely to get struck by lightning twice than winning the lottery, and in order to be able to afford the franchise you would need to win the lotto like 10 times assuming the jackpot is $300,000,000 each time you win.

Laughing

Fine then, I get struck by lightning twice and sell my story to a news station for a huge amount of money, from there I buy lots of lotto tickets.

Eagles_808 wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Great point, forgot to mention about that in my post. I'm obviously biased about Havili, but I think did an ok job. Plus Schmitt didn't even have a job all of last season iIrc.

Schmitt was on the Raiders but was waived. I did notice that Havili was actually pretty good blocking but I just really like Schmitt!

Kiltman on the sig
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much lightening going on! Shocked

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
NoHypeNeeded

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
So much lightening going on! Shocked

My thoughts exactly, quite a bit of lightening going on. If theres thunder too I'll certainly need my thunder buddy.

As for this mock, don't like trading Jackson, don't like the secondary we end up with whatsoever, and Brandon Stokely? You're joking right? Dude is old as hell, prob would suck horribly if he wasn't playing with Peyton, and moreso to that point he won't leave Denver/Peyton, he'll retire there. And he's no upgrade on Avant or our WRs at all, so why?
AlexM23

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoHypeNeeded wrote:

As for this mock, don't like trading Jackson, don't like the secondary we end up with whatsoever, and Brandon Stokely? You're joking right? Dude is old as hell, prob would suck horribly if he wasn't playing with Peyton, and moreso to that point he won't leave Denver/Peyton, he'll retire there. And he's no upgrade on Avant or our WRs at all, so why?

Did you read any of the explanations? I'm guessing not.

I really don't see the harm in bringing in players like Stokley or Crocker. Sure it doesn't look good on paper like Byrd and Bowe for example but they're not meant to be absolute super star players. They are older veteran guys who can fill in for a year or two so we're not just stuck with rookies at every position and provide a good locker room presence for some of the younger players.

Kiltman on the sig
NoHypeNeeded

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexM23 wrote:
NoHypeNeeded wrote:

I really don't see the harm in bringing in players like Stokley or Crocker. Sure it doesn't look good on paper like Byrd and Bowe for example but they're not meant to be absolute super star players. They are older veteran guys who can fill in for a year or two so we're not just stuck with rookies at every position and provide a good locker room presence for some of the younger players.

Uhm, no I actually did read your explanations. They were just stupid.

You bring in Stokley for the "veteran, good locker room presence" when we already have that (for the WR corps) in Avant. Add to that the fact that Stokley just simply isn't leaving Denver/Peyton and I'd bet money he retires there, that roster move just makes no sense and is retarded.

As for the secondary, I don't care about your explanations, I just don't like the entire secondary. Crocker isn't good/borderline sucks. Marsh okay cool he hasn't proven anything whatsoever though but I get the idea of wanting to see what he has. Then to get an older, coming off an injury Brent Grimes? Why not just restructure Nnamdi or keep DRC? Or atleast get a better CB, either through FA or the draft? Laughing

My main gripes were those two moves. I personally would hate if that was our secondary and I think my point is relatively valid as to why the Stokley move is stupid.
marky_b27

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:

The franchise is no way worth $3bn. Forbes values it at just over a third of that

Laughing Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoHypeNeeded wrote:
AlexM23 wrote:
NoHypeNeeded wrote:

You bring in Stokley for the "veteran, good locker room presence" when we already have that (for the WR corps) in Avant. Add to that the fact that Stokley just simply isn't leaving Denver/Peyton and I'd bet money he retires there, that roster move just makes no sense and is retarded.

As for the secondary, I don't care about your explanations, I just don't like the entire secondary. Crocker isn't good/borderline sucks. Marsh okay cool he hasn't proven anything whatsoever though but I get the idea of wanting to see what he has. Then to get an older, coming off an injury Brent Grimes? Why not just restructure Nnamdi or keep DRC? Or atleast get a better CB, either through FA or the draft? Laughing

My main gripes were those two moves. I personally would hate if that was our secondary and I think my point is relatively valid as to why the Stokley move is stupid.

Never really thought about Javant as a leader. He could be, who knows. But to be fair he did cry when he fumbled twice(?) at Buffalo last season, not really want I'd wanna see from someone who's setting an example for younger guys. Laughing

As for the secondary, I didn't really want to keep either Nnamdi or DRC because I was trying to get rid of the players associated the "Dream Team" and thought we'd be better off getting a player like Brent Grimes who's one of the better CBs in the league, so is that not an attempt to get better at CB? I would have liked to have drafted a corner earlier in the draft because it's clearly a need even with the Grimes signing but we need help at just about every position other than RB and K, if you have a mock draft which fills all the holes in this roster in a single off-season I'd love to see it.

Kiltman on the sig
JayAp07

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexM23 wrote:
NoHypeNeeded wrote:
AlexM23 wrote:
NoHypeNeeded wrote:

Never really thought about Javant as a leader. He could be, who knows. But to be fair he did cry when he fumbled twice(?) at Buffalo last season, not really want I'd wanna see from someone who's setting an example for younger guys. Laughing

As for the secondary, I didn't really want to keep either Nnamdi or DRC because I was trying to get rid of the players associated the "Dream Team" and thought we'd be better off getting a player like Brent Grimes who's one of the better CBs in the league, so is that not an attempt to get better at CB? I would have liked to have drafted a corner earlier in the draft because it's clearly a need even with the Grimes signing but we need help at just about every position other than RB and K, if you have a mock draft which fills all the holes in this roster in a single off-season I'd love to see it.

There's plenty of them out there but all are unrealistic. There is absolutely no way we can adress all of our holes/needs in 1 offseason. Heck, I'd be shocked if we could do it in 2. IMO I think we are looking at 3-5 years until we are legitimate contenders again IF a majority of our moves work out in our favor during that time.

I like the approach that you took. Our first 3 picks should all see significant playing time as rookies. All 3 should be starting by mid season. There really is no wrong or right way to attack this off season. As long as we make smart decisions with our money and the players we bring in through FA then hit on our draft picks, I think it would be a success no matter the positions/players you target. I think you accomplished that in this mock.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: