Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steelers offseason post Rainey release... Sooo
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisororke wrote:
Rainey was a "can't hit women" concern. That's why he was cut. Granted they have been kinda talking out of both sides of mouth bc James hit his girl bc he wanted kid baptized and she didn't. The steelers tried to justify that by saying our religious views think child should be baptized as well. Then there's Ben and they can say NOT GUILTY.

Rogers, Tyrann are marijuana. I bet of 53 around 20 minimum smoke weed. Like Colon why do you think he wears so much cologne? They just drafted Adams for marijuana and look where it got him steelers rookie of year. If you are too straight laced for public opinion you'll never win.

McClain is still young like these guys, 23, I am just adamant these are wrong place wrong time. It's not like he's making the same mistakes over and over again. It's just he's gone home and is with the wrong crowd and with a change of scenery we're talking about a different crowd. The steelers could sit him down and be like you have a tighter leash than most players, one incident and you're gone. I dunno when you put someone in a different place more often than not especially with success involved and that's what happens in Pittsburgh you end up with a different result. Just how it works
all three of the guys you selected made mistakes over and over and over. You don't get kicked off your college team because of one drug incident. You don't get suspended from your nfl team for just a minor off the field infraction. All three of the idiots you chose to be parts of the face of the steelers future are thugs as well.

McClain sucked on the field since he was drafted and kept making mistakes off it! It's just a fact bro.

It's only different because you are making excuses for the 3 of those players. You want to believe they will change because you like them. History has shown they likely won't change because they haven't in the past.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisororke wrote:
Thanks for the replies and in usual arguments a lot of nit picking so ill address concerns.

1) to clarify I never said we'd get a 1st for Manny Sanders but as a top flight organization you are strapped as is and you can't afford to lose a player of his caliber. Teams will be willing to cough up a 3rd and say 5yr/28 mill and then the Steelers would be really in a tough position to match. That's why you spend the extra 1M or so by tagging him at a 1st rd tender so it makes the decision a lot easier. And the reason we didn't get a 1st for Wallace last year was not so much the 1st rd pick the team would lose it was more so the 100M contract that he was "demanding"

2) ppl question the reality of this happening and that will be a focal point from here on out. The restructures are the restructures that will happen. The guarantees are 7, 56, 94. There will be one more restructure and I think it will be Troy bc Heath is really the only other option and quite frankly I'm more confident with Troy's calf than Heath's knee at this point. Heath was already avg TE speed and sadly I think he will lose a step with the knee

3) the McClain trade. It's pretty known that OAK will release McClain and its a basic lock that Wallace will leave and we get nothing in return. So basically let's hook up and avoid bidding wars in FA and getting nothing in return for our players. Oakland is content with cutting ties with Mcclain and could use a WR like Wallace (and we still want Wallace just can't pay him) that's the reason it costs Oakland a 3rd in the Wallace deal.

4) no offense in the draft. First of all the first two picks are a RB and WR, the top two NEED areas for this offense once Mendy and Wallace leave. As for the rest of the offense DO NOT DRAFT A TE. We just discovered the TE and drafting a TE just bc Heath got hurt is a waste of a pick IMO. Heath will come back and be a great player I just don't foresee him ever matching his production this year and drafting a TE would be like 20 catches and that doesn't merit an early pick... Which is where the only good TEs are this draft and every draft for that matter. Next I guess would be OL and with Pouncey 1st, Gilbert 2nd, DeCastro 1st, Adams 2nd we don't need to spend a day one or day two pick there bc we have already invested so much in the OL. I do like Justin Pugh OT Syracuse but he's a day two pick and that's a waste. At WR we'd have AB, Manny with his RFA tender (or in utopia a 1st rd pk for him), Plex, Cotchery (maybe, maybe not), Draft pick Rogers, and maybe sign one of those FA WR that i feel are better than Cotchery and our usual 4th WR. Not sure where not addressing offense comes into play unless you want to spend a pick on a 3rd QB like EJ Manuel. No thanks.

5) alright first draft trade is our pick 1.17 to SF. Say SF falls short this year they see Warmack OG sitting there at 17 and they are a ground and pound team he's a perfect guy to fortify their OL. As for the value lets not forget the Steelers traded a 1st, 3rd, 4th to get Holmes in '06 to just move up SEVEN spots. Now keep in mind that's moving from 32 to 25 not from 11 to 4 there's a big difference. So to move from 30 to 17 and to give up your 1st, late 2nd/3rd, and swap 4ths and pick up our 5th is a pretty good deal. They'd have 1, 4, 5, 5, 6, 7 as picks to work with and if they don't go OG first they could look at WR at pick 17 then go OG rd 4 which in terms of NFL draft value makes more sense. At 17 you might be 1st WR taken.

2nd trade is trading with the kings of stacking picks NE. By giving them the 3rd from SF and next years 1st in an effort to rebuild now and win it all next year makes sense to both parties. NE only had 4 picks last year and still having three picks in the first two days of draft is something I think BelliDick would go for

Trade three is trading down again with our original pick. So we went from 17 to 30 now going to Buffalo pick 8 second round. Buffalo should either trade down or take Te'O with their first pick and now they want a QB and don't want to mess with scrub teams like the Chiefs and others targeting a QB early 2nd rd. To move up 10 spots and only costs you a 3rd and 6th for potentially your QB of the future it sounds like a good deal for both sides... Barkley sucks

Next trade is trading up with Miami. This makes even more sense now that someone said Miami has two second rd picks this year. They will be more willing to move and they have two 3rds (B Marsh trade) as well so to move down a few spots and pick up a future 4th rd pick sounds like a good move for them. The move was from 2.30 to 2.12 and say the take WR 1st rd bc they need WR as much as SF they still need another WR. So say they think 2.12 is a little early for someone like Tavon Austin they back it up to 2.30 pick up a pick in the process and still have picks in their arsenal to move back up for whomever they see falling down the draft.

Next trade was with NYG but I think it also said DAL. Regardless they pick one after the other and both need a few pieces. It's the oldest trade in the book two 3rds for mid to late 2nd rd pick. Trade is 2.19 for 3.04 and 3.17 so to move down 17 spots and also pick up a middle of the rd 3rd is more fair to them IMO. However, this years draft is the draft of the 1st-2nd rd grade and I don't like the value as much in the third round. I had us taking MARGUS HUNT who's right in that 1st-2nd range. Someone said he's 3rd rd wake up he's not that now nor in the future after a great combine. Like I said I like Shariff Floyd too another 1st-2nd grade but I think Hunt could be Watt or "the next Scott Shields" a guy with athleticism that sucked. I'm willing to take the risk, rather than take another plug and play DE much to the skill level of Heyward.

And that's it for draft day trades.

6) I might as well address them both in the same category Rogers and Tyrann. Both have "character" flaws but I'd say they have gone about their business in different ways. Both caught for failed drug tests i.e. Marijuana. Rogers was not kicked off the team like someone said. Coach Dooley said well decide later in the year so Rogers said F that and went to Tennessee Tech. He was pretty mature about it as well. Said yeah failed drug test just immature got a lot of growing up to do. Tyrann on the other hand got kicked off team and caught again. IMO since both Colorado and Washington state legalized marijuana this year and the president said federal agents will not pursue bc bigger fish to fry I fully expect at least 6 states putting marijuana on the ballot in 2014 and expect most of them to pass. The point is my prediction is since this is happening and Tyrann will play a long time bc he's GREAT marijuana will be legal before his career is over. So it's going to be a moot point bc it will be a legal drug like alcohol. Like I said and agree with you the '12 draft class and off the field problems hurt the probability of this happening but the Steelers publicly stated a NEED FOR TURNOVERS. Tyrann Mathieu is TURNOVERS. I think they can look past these allegations and ironically last "character flaw" weed smoker Mike Adams had no problems and won steelers rookie of year. So theres the argument for drafting a kid who drops in draft bc of "character flaw" just bc he smokes weed. It has worked before and it paid off. There are much more dangerous drugs out there than weed and i guess the weed is still mellowing big Mike out. Way to go kid!

Someone said 4th rd is early for Tyrann I'd take him 3rd but we have too many needs, I'd consider us fortunate if he was there late 4th rd

7) forgot about the cuts. Harrison will be 35 and his agent is dumbest man alive. Hes got no guaranteed money left just like the signing bonus pro-ration left so he makes sense to cut from a cap perspective as well as from a damaged goods perspective (knee, back) and from an age perspective. Like you gotta get paid early and middle years heavy bc they'll turn on you when get old and don't deserve the salary of your contract.

As for Keisel if he refuses a pay cut they'll cut him. It's that simple. Like Keisel but Cam needs to he a starter. Once again Ziggy you suck.

Post June Cuts is standard Colon. He smells so good.

I would also cut Ike. Well in my draft we take 3 DBs and sign Lewis. IMO it's either Ike or Lewis not both. Lewis has ball skills and upside and Ike I just don't know he's good but like just above average and that's not worth a 7M salary for next year.

Cool my man Rolando McClain. I discussed the trade now I gotta talk about the off the field incidents. I think it has a lot to do with being in Oakland. If he was here he could be boys with Timmons, Spence, Woodley, etc and get out of hell in Oakland. Not that he couldn't hang out with teammates there it is just a different culture, a losing and reckless culture out there. The Steelers could sit him down tell him hes staying in Pittsburgh at least for the first year and just hang low. Both incidents were off season incidents. Being part of a family is an underrated aspect of life and being a part of the Steelers family and having success could help him get his head on straight.
Teammate Tommy Kelly said poor season is everyones fault and he hopes they dont label Mcclain the scapegoat but thats exactly what will happen. His incidents were both in hometown Decatur, AL. Once for 3rd degree assault he got shot at and they didn't know it was him. He was charged, appealed, and guy settled for money. Most recent was tinted windows. I knew about false name but didn't even mention it bc college kids get drinking tickets ALL THE TIME and give fake names and get away with it. I considered the tints worse than giving a false name for safety reasons of course and IMO getting in trouble for tints is a joke. Just because he gave a wrong name and had tints doesnt make him a bad person and a "character" flag. I would just call him an idiot for getting pulled over police running the plate and he goes yeah my name is Ron Mexico.

... Impossible to argue wont happen again but I think he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. You can try to avoid these situations and i think the Steelers could help him by putting him in a good environment with good teammates. Like if he was getting in physical altercations two times that's a trend but two just unfortunate independent events doesn't make you a bad person or put you on the do not touch list. That's not fair
... Hell Ernie Holmes can shoot at helicopters and Steelers can get no charges against him. I believe they can help this 23 yr old figure it out

I also love how I got called out for saying he's a 100 tackle a year guy. Well.... He never had 100 tackles in a year but he did have 99 his rookie year. Like get real. And that's on a JOKE of a defense in Oakland that gives up 35 pts a game. Imagine what he could do next to Timmons... Who's gonna get there first?

9) the reality of draft was problem for some and here's why Steelers have never traded away future 1st for a 1st in current draft. Why they should is bc Ben isn't getting younger and NOW IS THE TIME TO ACT. We have a team that can win now and if you do trade that pick it becomes a late 1st as you're playing today (coming off a BYE) as opposed to fighting to get in wild card game which is where they'll be next year.

Is it really unrealistic to trade down twice from our current pick of 1.17. The Colts did it and got Bob Sanders. The players are slotted where they'll go. Bernard, Rogers, Amerson, Rhodes, and Hunt are all 1st-2nd rd guys... and they are all GOOD. We'd have 5 picks in first 49 picks (bc Cle and NO forfeit 2nd rd pks). Is it worth getting 5 guys with potential 1st rd ability and all you mortgage is a 2014 1st rd pick. My financial calculations says YES!! Potential trades with SF (WR/OG) NE (2014 1st, 2013 3rd) BUF (QB) are all so very possible to happen bc of how the draft will fall.

I think Steelers can look past Rogers, Tyrann and McClain are maybes. But Steelers expressed their NEED FOR TURNOVERS so I think they care more about winning than what the media or anyone else thinks of their team and how they run it.

--lastly someone said Gio Bernard is like Shady McCoy not Ray Rice. Way off Bernard is like a one cut square shoulders and go. Little bit of power as well a la Ray Rice. Listen Shady Mccoy is a dance around Reggie Bush/Barry Sanders style. Gio has shiftiness, ability to make people miss, and is not tall listed at 5'10 205 that's why he's Ray Rice like. The OL is transforming into an athletic OL and a one cut back is what you need. He brings element of being elusive.

This person eloquently put Ray Rice is like Jamison. The only similarity I see are they are both from Rutgers and will be 2nd rd picks.

I've got other players I like and ill post them when the time comes but we just have so many pieces to fill and if the draft goes like this I honestly believe the puzzle is complete.

DO NOT SIGN
MENDY
HAMPTON
FOOTE
ALLEN
FOSTER
MUNDY
SYLVESTER
DAVID JOHNSON

... Funny thing is theyll bring back a few of these bums thus totally ruining my offseason

a) That was hard to read.

b) It doesnt change a thing. This is still extremely unrealistic in pretty much every way. The restructurings and cuts are possible, but beyond that the rest is just a fantasy offseason some kid has in Madden.

And please dont try to justify the McClain stuff. It's both a horrible idea and completely unrealistic. McClain has mental issues. Saying its "wrong place wrong time" only shows you really dont know much about him.
Mason Storm

Location: Hmm fire Tomlin of course y didnt i think of that oh yea because thats stupid.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on 4-3 writing f yall on a ticket is pretty hillarious. But none of that is realistic not one bit.

^ TommyC376 sig n avy^
"You know your a parent when you pay $120 for your kid to watch something live thats on tv for free"
kethnaab

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisororke wrote:

1) to clarify I never said we'd get a 1st for Manny Sanders but as a top flight organization you are strapped as is and you can't afford to lose a player of his caliber. Teams will be willing to cough up a 3rd and say 5yr/28 mill and then the Steelers would be really in a tough position to match.

tell me what Emmanuel Sanders has done in his career that would make anybody interested in shelling out anything for him? His biggest career achievement to date was convincing the Steelers to waste a draft pick on him rather than on Navorro Bowman, Eric Decker, or Jimmy Graham (all of whom went right after Sanders)

He's done nothing in his career on the field. If the Steelers hadn't the success with Brown and Wallace in the later rounds, Sanders would be nothing more than an afterthought. However, he gets grouped in with Brown and Wallace due to timing, not due to anything he's ever shown us on an NFL football field.

chrisororke wrote:
3) the McClain trade. It's pretty known that OAK will release McClain and its a basic lock that Wallace will leave and we get nothing in return. So basically let's hook up and avoid bidding wars in FA and getting nothing in return for our players. Oakland is content with cutting ties with Mcclain and could use a WR like Wallace (and we still want Wallace just can't pay him) that's the reason it costs Oakland a 3rd in the Wallace deal.

Fairly certain McClain got arrested again, didn't he?

chrisororke wrote:
drafting a TE would be like 20 catches and that doesn't merit an early pick... Which is where the only good TEs are this draft and every draft for that matter.

interesting. Tell me again where Gronkowski and Jimmy Graham were drafted? How about Owen Daniels, Tony Gonzalez, and Antonio Gates? How about Jason Witten or Brent Celek?

chrisororke wrote:
5) alright first draft trade is our pick 1.17 to SF. Say SF falls short this year they see Warmack OG sitting there at 17 and they are a ground and pound team he's a perfect guy to fortify their OL.

uh, you are aware that the 49ers have locked up their tandem of Pro Bowl guards for several seasons, right?

chrisororke wrote:
2nd trade is trading with the kings of stacking picks NE. By giving them the 3rd from SF and next years 1st in an effort to rebuild now and win it all next year makes sense to both parties. NE only had 4 picks last year and still having three picks in the first two days of draft is something I think BelliDick would go for

so we are in need of several players now. We need a NT, an ILB, an OLB, and a pair of safeties. We also need a RB and a WR. So we're going to give up picks in a draft that has very little top end talent and our first next year, in a draft class that will drastically overshadow this one, so that we can give New England a first rounder in that stocked draft class to move up this season and pick...a guy? Just a guy?

chrisororke wrote:

6) I might as well address them both in the same category Rogers and Tyrann. Both have "character" flaws but I'd say they have gone about their business in different ways. Both caught for failed drug tests i.e. Marijuana. Rogers was not kicked off the team like someone said. Coach Dooley said well decide later in the year so Rogers said F that and went to Tennessee Tech. He was pretty mature about it as well. Said yeah failed drug test just immature got a lot of growing up to do. Tyrann on the other hand got kicked off team and caught again.

so we get rid of a Super Bowl MVP for this very issue, have problems with our WRs having no discipline, our team is starting to rack up legal problems, and you want to draft not one but TWO notorious character concerns?

chrisororke wrote:
Post June Cuts is standard Colon. He smells so good.

I would also cut Ike. Well in my draft we take 3 DBs and sign Lewis. IMO it's either Ike or Lewis not both. Lewis has ball skills and upside and Ike I just don't know he's good but like just above average and that's not worth a 7M salary for next year.

Lewis has no ball skills. He has hands of stone like Ike. That said, if we go for Xavier Rhodes and resign Lewis, I'm fine with moving Ike along

chrisororke wrote:
Cool my man Rolando McClain. I discussed the trade now I gotta talk about the off the field incidents. I think it has a lot to do with being in Oakland. If he was here he could be

just like the rest of the team, which is rapidly becoming undisciplined and lazy with serious entitlement issues.

chrisororke wrote:
Bernard, Rogers, Amerson, Rhodes, and Hunt are all 1st-2nd rd guys...

Hunt is an athlete, not a football player. He's not nearly as good as his combine will indicate. Amerson is not good in coverage. Rogers is a late 2nd rounder at best, but who knows, teams do all kinds of crazy things

chrisororke wrote:
DO NOT SIGN
MENDY
HAMPTON
FOOTE
ALLEN
FOSTER
MUNDY
SYLVESTER
DAVID JOHNSON

I'd resign Will Allen, and that's it. I'd give consideration to Foster but since we aren't kicking Colon to the curb, there's no reason to do so

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: