Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mike Mularkey Fired as Jaguars Head Coach
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DuvalsKing wrote:
Coach Tuck will land oh his feet he is rumored to interview for the Cleveland Browns DC job.

was he fired? i dont even remember, if out of it right now

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nerdboy153 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
nerdboy153 wrote:
I've read a report to the tune that Falcons special teams coordinator Keith Armstrong might be a wildcard candidate. He sounds intriguing, having coached in a variety of backgrounds.

I might be alone here, but I don't think that hiring a so-called "genius" on one side of the ball is the best way to go- I'm hoping for a guy with vision, who connects with Caldwell and will identify talent with him, and will manage a group of competent coordinators and position coaches.
Absolutely agree with what you think we need. But at the same time, I think you need a coach that can turn one side of the ball elite with his coaching. Otherwise, you'll see your coordinators getting Head Coaching jobs and you'll always find yourself hoping the next guy up is competent enough to run the offense. Getting someone like Mike Smith who can run one side of the ball, all while working hand in hand with the GM, and being the guy you described.

That would absolutely be an ideal situation. That said- do you see anybody who "takes care of one side of the ball?" Somebody raised a good point about a coordinator being on the same side of the ball as the head coach, which raises some questions about Roman. I'm not entirely convinced on Brian Schottenheimer either.

If there's anybody who you could argue takes care of one side of the ball, I think it might be Gus Bradley. But he doesn't seem to be on the Jaguars radar (the Eagles seem to really like him, though). To be fair, I'm not a football man, and I like Caldwell's persona and thinking so far.
Roman can probably be that guy. He has a great, innovative scheme and already has close ties to Caldwell.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
dswinton

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way 49ers playing right now i hope don't no teams with established QBs steal Roman away from us because if they do who is our plan B?
MoJo122-b-21

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dswinton wrote:
The way 49ers playing right now i hope don't no teams with established QBs steal Roman away from us because if they do who is our plan B?

Teams with established quarterbacks don't often have head coaching openings.

I think what's impressive is, comparing last postseason's matchup against a similar defense in New Orleans, is how well he can adjust to two very conflicting styles and have the productivity he's had.

Roman's apparent willingness to adjust to his player's strengths, and be successful doing it (going back to his Andrew Luck days as well) is impressive. His short but successful history developing young quarterbacks speaks for itself.

Unfortunately, there's no Colin Kaepernick in this draft. I could see him getting plenty out of Blaine though.

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
dswinton

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

San Diego, Chicago, Philly.
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dswinton wrote:
San Diego, Chicago, Philly.

Philly has an established QB?

I hate the Jaguars
dswinton

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roman go to philly he may want to keep Vick and do the read option. Who better to do the read option than Vick the original.
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dswinton wrote:
Roman go to philly he may want to keep Vick and do the read option. Who better to the read option than Vick the original.

A good QB maybe?

I hate the Jaguars
Tugboat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
dswinton wrote:

I think what's impressive is, comparing last postseason's matchup against a similar defense in New Orleans, is how well he can adjust to two very conflicting styles and have the productivity he's had.

Roman's apparent willingness to adjust to his player's strengths, and be successful doing it (going back to his Andrew Luck days as well) is impressive. His short but successful history developing young quarterbacks speaks for itself.

Unfortunately, there's no Colin Kaepernick in this draft. I could see him getting plenty out of Blaine though.

There may not be a Kaepernick clone in this draft, but that doesn't mean there won't be a guy we can grab in say round 2 or 3 who can development into 'the guy' for us in future, and play a Kaepernick type role.

After all, you said it yourself. One of the selling points on Roman is his adaptability and apparent willingness to work with the strengths of whatever QB he's given.
MoJo122-b-21

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
dswinton wrote:

There may not be a Kaepernick clone in this draft, but that doesn't mean there won't be a guy we can grab in say round 2 or 3 who can development into 'the guy' for us in future, and play a Kaepernick type role.

After all, you said it yourself. One of the selling points on Roman is his adaptability and apparent willingness to work with the strengths of whatever QB he's given.

I'll always have a soft spot for mobile quarterbacks because I was 12 years old in 96. It's why I'll almost always side with mobile guys - I also think they open up a playbook in ways pocket passers could only dream.

If Roman is our coach and Geno is sitting there at two (unless the staff really sees something in Gabbert for them moving forward), he has to be the pick - the guy's ceiling is as high as anybody.

I don't think Geno's BAP and I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that Blaine's immense talent can't be tapped (especially if Roman's reputation is fulfilled here) - but the potential is there.

If the new coaching staff can salvage Blaine, we can have an elite lineman out of this pick. It's kind of my hope, no matter how fleeting it is.

- Gus Bradley
Tugboat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
dswinton wrote:

I'll always have a soft spot for mobile quarterbacks because I was 12 years old in 96. It's why I'll almost always side with mobile guys - I also think they open up a playbook in ways pocket passers could only dream.

If Roman is our coach and Geno is sitting there at two (unless the staff really sees something in Gabbert for them moving forward), he has to be the pick - the guy's ceiling is as high as anybody.

I don't think Geno's BAP and I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that Blaine's immense talent can't be tapped (especially if Roman's reputation is fulfilled here) - but the potential is there.

If the new coaching staff can salvage Blaine, we can have an elite lineman out of this pick. It's kind of my hope, no matter how fleeting it is.

I think the upside is debatable with Geno. If you really do think his upside is as high as anybody...it makes sense to take him. You do that and don't look back. Personally, i'm not really on board with that.
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@mikejurecki: Hearing Jerry Sullivan has interest in coming back to Az, 1 of the best WR's coaches in football

#JDI
MoJo122-b-21

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
dswinton wrote:

I think the upside is debatable with Geno. If you really do think his upside is as high as anybody...it makes sense to take him. You do that and don't look back. Personally, i'm not really on board with that.

Yea, he isn't exactly can't-miss. But he has a ton of natural athleticism and a special arm.

I don't have any idea what the chances are, but I actually think the future can stil lie in Blaine. But it depends on how he handles the changes.

- Gus Bradley
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
dswinton wrote:
Roman go to philly he may want to keep Vick and do the read option. Who better to the read option than Vick the original.

A good QB maybe?

he is still better than what we got

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
dswinton wrote:

A good QB maybe?

he is still better than what we got

I'd take Gabbert before Vick.

I hate the Jaguars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: