Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Offseason Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83535
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened to Watkins? Seemed like a strong guard prospect just was older than all the other prospects
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jeezla


Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Posts: 9066
Location: 805 Cali
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
What happened to Watkins? Seemed like a strong guard prospect just was older than all the other prospects


He ended up not being athletic, strong, or good. I wanted to take Will Rackley over him, truth be told. The moment Andy took the bum with our first round pick I knew our franchise was headed south.
_________________

Kilty Sig '15 Wish List: L Collins, D Perryman, D Greenberry, C Davis, R Mueller, E McCarthy. Fire BillyD!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83535
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
What happened to Watkins? Seemed like a strong guard prospect just was older than all the other prospects


He ended up not being athletic, strong, or good. I wanted to take Will Rackley over him, truth be told. The moment Andy took the bum with our first round pick I knew our franchise was headed south.


no offense but after vick's 100M contract you were heading south Sad
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jeezla


Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Posts: 9066
Location: 805 Cali
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
What happened to Watkins? Seemed like a strong guard prospect just was older than all the other prospects


He ended up not being athletic, strong, or good. I wanted to take Will Rackley over him, truth be told. The moment Andy took the bum with our first round pick I knew our franchise was headed south.


no offense but after vick's 100M contract you were heading south Sad


Pretty much after we let Brian Dawkins leave and tried to replace him with Quentin Demps was when you knew the wheels were about to fall off. Vicks contract made me want to burn Eagles paraphernalia that I hold sacred.
_________________

Kilty Sig '15 Wish List: L Collins, D Perryman, D Greenberry, C Davis, R Mueller, E McCarthy. Fire BillyD!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tugboat


Joined: 30 Mar 2011
Posts: 3477
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
What happened to Watkins? Seemed like a strong guard prospect just was older than all the other prospects


He ended up not being athletic, strong, or good. I wanted to take Will Rackley over him, truth be told. The moment Andy took the bum with our first round pick I knew our franchise was headed south.


If Watkins ends up cut, and looking for work in the NFL...i wouldn't be at all opposed to the Jaguars taking a flyer. I mean, from what i've seen, he has been pretty bad thus far in his career...but he's how far out from his draft year? He seemed pretty raw to begin with. If the Eagles are ready to give up on him, i'd give it a shot. I mean, look at who were were giving opportunities to at guard late in the year. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83535
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wouldnt mind bringing him over either
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 46045
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alfie did a decent job of explaining the 3-4 if anyone is particularly confused about it. He also went over how some of our guys could fit the scheme.

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2013/1/14/3873792/explaining-the-3-4-defense-jaguars-news

He also did a piece on the 4-3 as well.
http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2013/1/14/3874958/explaining-the-4-3-defense

Nothing overly profound, but if you're unsure about how certain things work, it does a good job of explaining that.
_________________

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20737
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been saying for a while that Lane would be a good 5T/OLB hybrid in the 3-4.
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83535
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
I've been saying for a while that Lane would be a good 5T/OLB hybrid in the 3-4.


Well maybe we will see if you are right Wink

I cant remember, was Andre Branch considered a better 3-4 or 4-3 prospect?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20737
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
I've been saying for a while that Lane would be a good 5T/OLB hybrid in the 3-4.


Well maybe we will see if you are right Wink

I cant remember, was Andre Branch considered a better 3-4 or 4-3 prospect?


Most thought he was a better 3-4 fit.
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83535
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
I've been saying for a while that Lane would be a good 5T/OLB hybrid in the 3-4.


Well maybe we will see if you are right Wink

I cant remember, was Andre Branch considered a better 3-4 or 4-3 prospect?


Most thought he was a better 3-4 fit.


Well thats good news, wasnt the 3-4 OLB position a major question about our transition to the 3-4?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20737
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
I've been saying for a while that Lane would be a good 5T/OLB hybrid in the 3-4.


Well maybe we will see if you are right Wink

I cant remember, was Andre Branch considered a better 3-4 or 4-3 prospect?


Most thought he was a better 3-4 fit.


Well thats good news, wasnt the 3-4 OLB position a major question about our transition to the 3-4?


Yes because we lack a true #1 pass rusher right now and everyone we do have is either unproven or a #2. A few of them though probably aren't 3-4 OLBs or are 3-4 misfits entirely.

If we move to a 3-4 or a hybrid, we could still do it pretty easily though. We can build in whatever direction the new coach wants.
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WhackyPlague


Joined: 25 May 2008
Posts: 5055
Location: Orlando, FL
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
What happened to Watkins? Seemed like a strong guard prospect just was older than all the other prospects


He ended up not being athletic, strong, or good. I wanted to take Will Rackley over him, truth be told. The moment Andy took the bum with our first round pick I knew our franchise was headed south.


If Watkins ends up cut, and looking for work in the NFL...i wouldn't be at all opposed to the Jaguars taking a flyer. I mean, from what i've seen, he has been pretty bad thus far in his career...but he's how far out from his draft year? He seemed pretty raw to begin with. If the Eagles are ready to give up on him, i'd give it a shot. I mean, look at who were were giving opportunities to at guard late in the year. Laughing


He's actually a pretty decent run blocker, but he really struggles in pass protection, especially with athletic/quick DTs. Watkins has a ton of strength, but his feet are only OK and he really needs to work on using his hands.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83535
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhackyPlague wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
What happened to Watkins? Seemed like a strong guard prospect just was older than all the other prospects


He ended up not being athletic, strong, or good. I wanted to take Will Rackley over him, truth be told. The moment Andy took the bum with our first round pick I knew our franchise was headed south.


If Watkins ends up cut, and looking for work in the NFL...i wouldn't be at all opposed to the Jaguars taking a flyer. I mean, from what i've seen, he has been pretty bad thus far in his career...but he's how far out from his draft year? He seemed pretty raw to begin with. If the Eagles are ready to give up on him, i'd give it a shot. I mean, look at who were were giving opportunities to at guard late in the year. Laughing


He's actually a pretty decent run blocker, but he really struggles in pass protection, especially with athletic/quick DTs. Watkins has a ton of strength, but his feet are only OK and he really needs to work on using his hands.


Thanks for the info, I think he can get better still.

Also, are we attracting eagle fans now? Confused
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20737
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess Uche Nwaneri had knee surgery yesterday.
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 7 of 34

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group