Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Can't sleep Early Draft thoughts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
niner4ever

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Can't sleep Early Draft thoughts Reply with quote

Was searching the web for mock drafts and found it interesting that most of them have us taking a safety like Eric Reid or Kenny Vaccaro in the first and not a DL. Me personally I would love to see Jesse Williams from Alabama standing next to Justin Smith but wouldn't mind Sylvester Williams either. The other thing I found was a lot of people have us taking Taylor the HB from Stanford in the third. I would love our first four rounds to go in this order.
1 DL. 2 S 3 WR/HB Taylor would be perfect Gore Replacement. 4 CB. Thoughts anyone. I know it dosnt need it's own thread and it's only January but like I said I'm up and bored.
Forge

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think vaccarro will fall to us, but if he does, he's probably the person I want. Despite his pro bowl selection, this has not been a great year for whitner, and I think he's a free agent after next year. Elam from Florida would be another thought, but vaccarro is the better safety. If he's gone, I would prefer a d lineman. Smith is older, a free agent after next year, I believe, and we need a productive replacement. We also may need to replace sopo who's a free agent after this year I think. I actually wouldn't mind going dline and dline with the first two picks, followed in some order by wide receiver (Jenkins has been far from impressive and confidence inspiring, Williams and Manningham have torn knees and mario could easily be cut, and ginn is a free agent who is unlikely to return, and could say the same for moss...we need wr help bad) outside linebacker, inside linebacker (im assuming grant won't be back), qb project (RDS 6-7), tight end (assuming walker won't be back) and kicker. Additional cb depth never hurts, but anyone we land would be 5-6 on the depth chart. Some of these issues will be remedied through free agency of course, rather than the draft

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
49ers4life52

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Vaccaro as well and I wouldn't mind if he was our pick. It looks like his draft stock right now is around late first early second which is in our range, but it can shoot up after a strong combine which I believe he will have. Really good coverage safety that played a lot nickel at Texas. His tackling needs some work, but our coaching staff can clean that up.

^Kempes^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: