Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Praise the Lord and Pass the Beer !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Praise the Lord and Pass the Beer ! Reply with quote

The Hogettes have retired.. They were WAY passed their time !! They were great when we actually had the Hogs and Riggo.. All good things must end .. It was past time for them..--I called for it 2-3 years ago.. Dancing

http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/After-30-Years-Hogettes-Hanging-It-Up/641bda0c-b7ba-47c5-8fa9-887885539e95

Last edited by RSkinGM on Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing to celebrate Confused

mike23md on the sig
David Amerson-48 Tackles 12 PD 2 INT 1 TD 1 FF
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They had become an anachronism.. I didn't want them to become a joke. I'm celebrating ..!
DCRED

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
They had become an anachronism.. I didn't want them to become a joke. I'm celebrating ..!

Yes they were definitely heading that way since the Hogs were another couple eras ago. Our players today can forge their own identities and let somebody come up with some new personalities if needed...

I thought they were actually quite disturbing, honestly
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad to see them go, but they had a great run! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TKellion

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was way past time.The hogs does not exemplify the style of our current team or running system built around finesse and quick reads.The hogs should have been retired before the turn of the century Twisted Evil
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TKellion wrote:
It was way past time.The hogs does not exemplify the style of our current team or running system built around finesse and quick reads.The hogs should have been retired before the turn of the century Twisted Evil
i think when we had Samuels, Dock, Rabach, Thomas and Jansen the name/theme of the fat guys who were tough fit and we had a power running game. Of course Joe Bugel called them the dirtbags, not the hogs. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Style, trend, or nothing else matters.
They were a group of our greatest fans. And in being so. Were able to use their Hogette status and raise a lot of money for Childrens Charities.

They will still work their routine together at fundraisers.

Much respect for working what they did in such a positive way. Thats a good group of guys there.

Trinidad: Where you can play dodgeball, jump off a diving board, and call a team the Redskins without the Communist Left sayin otherwise.
big44dog

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to see them go. I don't wanna hear about eras and are we really saying the personnel doesn't fit the freakin hogettes? They were the only link to the glory days and it sucks that they won't be around for my son to see. Well, they say if it can't get done right, do it yourself. Can't wait to tell the wife I'm going dress shopping.
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big44dog wrote:
I hate to see them go. I don't wanna hear about eras and are we really saying the personnel doesn't fit the freakin hogettes? They were the only link to the glory days and it sucks that they won't be around for my son to see. Well, they say if it can't get done right, do it yourself. Can't wait to tell the wife I'm going dress shopping.

Wouldnt it be awesome if the first game/preseason game next season half the stadium dressed up.

Hell. Id do it. I might look like Tyler Perrys Medea. But who wouldnt love that.

Trinidad: Where you can play dodgeball, jump off a diving board, and call a team the Redskins without the Communist Left sayin otherwise.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
big44dog wrote:

Wouldnt it be awesome if the first game/preseason game next season half the stadium dressed up.

Hell. Id do it. I might look like Tyler Perrys Medea. But who wouldnt love that.
I'd do it too bro! Laughing I'd have to put on like 50-100 lbs to fit in with that hog size though
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A video tribute to The Hogettes, there's more to them than you know

Quote:
The Hogettes, those crossdressing men with pig noses, announced they are hanging up their snouts forever. With them passes another sign of the end of the Era of Gibbs, the good one marked by three Lombardi Trophies.

http://www.redskinshogheaven.com/2013-articles/january/a-video-tribute-to-the-hogettes-there-s-more-to-them-than-you-know.html

Great video. Check it out peeps! Laughing Cool
DCRED

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
big44dog wrote:

I'd rather see all the ladies in attendance wear burgundy and gold bikinis than see all the men start cross-dressing to show support to be honest..
Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: