Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Draft ver. 1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kurgan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Mock Draft ver. 1 Reply with quote

A couple of statements before I start. I am a Steelers fan at heart, but went to HS in ATL. I follow the Falcons, and I read the AJC every day. Feel free to tear it apart or whatever!!!

Second, I am predicating this on the fact that we deal with the LT situation in the off-season. There is simply no NFL-ready LT that will be around when we draft, so if its Baker, we need to pay him, and if its not, lets sign Long or whatever.

1-32-- Zach Ertz, TE Stanford 6-6 249
I know, I know. The argument against him here is valid, but hold on. The Steelers took Miller in this range and he turned out great. He is a great pass-catcher and a smart guy. He can block and can split out. Our offense is predicated on TE routes right now, so plug in the next Gonzalez.

2-63-- Larry Warford, OG Kentucky 6-3 343
I like this pick here because we will eventually have to play Konz at Center, and this guy is great. He does not let anyone in his gap, and he is a real gamer. He settles the interior line well, and is a strong sucker.

3-94-- Corey Lemonier, DE Auburn 6-3 242
This is the pick I struggled with the most. I knew DE, but thought Goodman maybe, but this guy is just different. I realize he is light in the fanny, but this may be the switch-up we need. He is an elite pass-rusher, and can platoon with Massaquoi or Kroy to be the ying with the yang. He is a young pup, so maybe grow some, but he is great at getting to the backfield.

4-127-- Brandon Williams, DT Missouri Southern State 6-2 328
Nowhere near a finished product, but a freakish athlete. This guy played the shade, 3 tech, and even DE in college. With great coaching and maybe a home where he doesn't move, he is gonna be a beast. He has great feet and might be a steal.

4-131 (comp)-- Shawn Williams, SS UGA 6-1 218
Hometown boy can step in and help in a big way. We know he can help in the run and is a character guy and lockerroom leader. Can help spell Moore and probably DeCloud and might get some action on nickle and dime.

5-168-- Tavarras King, WR UGA 6-1 200
I know, another UGA guy, but he fills a need as some WR depth. We know he is a playmaker and can do real well with him in some spot time and then working into a spark type role.

6-201-- Johnny Adams, CB Michigan State 5-11 178
Nice, physical, complete corner. Has started the boundary for two years and can cover and come up and hit. Not scared of contact. Knock is size, but that is true for every Falcon corner.

7-239-- Cierre Wood, RB Notre Dumb 6-0 215
Heavier-type back to complement Rodgers once Turner hangs it up. Will block and is a smart guy that can pick up blitzes and catch out of the backfield. Good back to have around and is a hard worker.

Tear it apart!!! Let me know!!!

swoosh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the first two picks. I've mocked Ertz to the Falcons in the few that I've done and Warford was in my first mock. Adding a quality interior offensive lineman would do wonders for the run game. I agree, Konz is going to have to be moved to center eventually. He's a much better fit there. As far as the other picks, I'm not sure as I haven't followed the draft as closely as I have in year's past. Thanks for stopping by.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont like any of it

#JDI

Taysom Hill 2014 Heisman Campaign
RIZE FALCONS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok but Lemonier is projected at least early 2nd and i like Ertz but would love to have Giovanni bernard in the first and Lemonier in the second that would work , Warford going in the third to us well this would be my dream draft for rounds 1 through 3
SpicyMcHaggis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Egggggggggh, another year spending one of our top picks on Oline. Last year with spent our first two picks on Oline.

We need to invest on impact players on defense and pick a DE and DB. We have not spent a TOP pick on that position in the past 5 (FIVE!!!!) years.

As far as our TE, let's just get a guy in free agency:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=508409

That's my view, nothing personal, but our defense needs a youth movement of starters now as opposed to developmental guys.
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

honestly not a big fan of taking a TE with the first overall pick when we have a lot more glaring needs to be filled.... a lot of good TEs were taken in later rounds (think Gronk and Graham). we can find a TE in the 3rd or 4th.. i like that guy from UCLA.. Fauria i believe. First and foremost we need to address our pass rush. A lot of people have Sam Montgomery from LSU or Alex Okafor from Texas coming to the Falcons. I would love to have either one of them. I don't know if I am sold on Ansah, but he is a monster.
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonFed56 wrote:
honestly not a big fan of taking a TE with the first overall pick when we have a lot more glaring needs to be filled.... a lot of good TEs were taken in later rounds (think Gronk and Graham). we can find a TE in the 3rd or 4th.. i like that guy from UCLA.. Fauria i believe. First and foremost we need to address our pass rush. A lot of people have Sam Montgomery from LSU or Alex Okafor from Texas coming to the Falcons. I would love to have either one of them. I don't know if I am sold on Ansah, but he is a monster.

Spoonfed just pretty much said what i was going to say exactly. I very much dislike taking a TE in the 1st round this year as none of them are really that impressive enough to be taking that high over much better prospects on the D-line be it DE or DT.

The difference in Eifert and Ertz compared to Fauria, C.J. and Reed aren't that much this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: