Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FREE AGENTS AND MOCK DRAFT 2013 090113

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aletz88

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: FREE AGENTS AND MOCK DRAFT 2013 090113 Reply with quote

I think that the falcons must sign the best LT available in the free agent and a good run stuffer, they could be Jake Long and Randy Starks.

The Falcons could cut Turner and Jerry and restructure the Robinsonīs contract to have more cap space.

With those moves the draft could be like the next, the falcons fill their needs.

Atlanta Falcons Mock Draft 2013
Trade 1rd 2014 for 2rd 2013 (Miami pick 42)
1rd.- ND TE Tyler Eifer
2rd.- Texas DE Alex Okafor
2rd.- Alabama RB Eddy Lacy
3rd.- Kentuchy G Larry Warford
4rd.- Texas A&M LB Sean Porter
Compensatory Pick (Curtis Lofton)
4rd.- MSU DE William Gholston
5rd.- Elon WR Aaron Mellete
6rd.- Tennessee CB Prentis Waggner
7rd.- UCLA CB Sheldon Price

please send your comments and opinions, and who would be better players for the falcons.
adam9

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only bad thing I see is William Gholston. Dudes the biggest wannabe thug in CFB.

Other than that really good value on all the picks without being unrealistic. All those picks are exactly on point really to those players draft stock right now. Would be thrilled with this class, even though I hate trading next years first. Even though you did that, it was a good selection. Change Gholston to a true DT and it's perfect man. Btw not sure if you intended this but Prentiss will play S in the NFL. It's sad we had to play him out of place in college. Glad you gave us a S though.

One of the best mocks I've seen to be honest, nice work!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have been out of the loop as far as players in the upcoming NFL draft, but the positions are perfect. Heard good things about at least the Top 3 guys you've given us, and the rest hit positions of need mostly. Nice work.

driftwood wrote:
haggis wrote:
i bet if you had sould after he jumped a little cough here and there usually follow

lol, wait what?
Lentz33

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a big fan of this trade. But I do like the picks. Big fan of the first 3 guys. Idk if Okafor will be there at 42 though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I'm not a big fan. While I like the first 4 players in your mock, I don't like giving up our 2014 1st rounder at all.

And based on this year's play, the best LT in FA will be....Sam Baker. (who BTW will be about a third of the price of Long)

My argument against Eifert is twofold.
- First, this appears to be a deep class for TEs, with several appealing options both for pass catchers (Gavin Escobar, Travis Kelce, Ryan Otten) and blockers with good hands (Michael Williams).
- Second, I can't justify spending yet another premium pick on a skill position rather than on the LOS.

I also don't see us double-dipping at DE. Between JA55, Biermann, Matthews, Massaquoi and Okafor, I think we'd be set. TE or LB (in addition to CB) would be better candidates to grab a second guy at.

Still, thanks for posting the mock and you certainly have our needs identified and an eye for good talent (love Okafor, Lacy and Warford)

Foster-A-Falcon: Matt Bryant
2013 Stats: 24/27 FG (88.9%), 39/39 XP (100%)
Robust Perry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love the picks but I only condone trading away a future first rounder if it's to move into the Top 10 for a truly unique player (like Julio was). I'd try it again without giving up next years first.
Hotlanta12

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eifert, Okafor, And Lacy. I love the draft.

Clowney, Mack, Robinson, Matthews, or Barr to Atlanta in 2014!
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is an AMAZING class and if we could land these guys i would be pumped! still not a big fan of taking a TE 1st overall. Eifert is nice though.. but my main things are you addressed the two most glaring needs of the team - PASS RUSH and RUN GAME in the top 3 rounds. However I doubt Okafor will still be there but you never know. this draft is deeeep at the DE position. overall, very solid draft. I REALLY like Lacy, but am a bit skeptical about how he will transition to the NFL. Bama's O line is freaking stacked and it tends to make the RBs look better than they really are(hence Mark Ingram). lacy is huge though. anyone is better than turner at this point Rolling Eyes I would take a long look at Giovani Bernard out of UNC if I was TD.
aletz88

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: FREE AGENTS AND MOCK DRAFT 2013 090113 Reply with quote

aletz88 wrote:
I think that the falcons must sign the best LT available in the free agent and a good run stuffer, they could be Jake Long and Randy Starks.

The Falcons could cut Turner and Jerry and restructure the Robinsonīs contract to have more cap space.

With those moves the draft could be like the next, the falcons fill their needs.

Trade 1rd 2014 for 2rd 2013 (Miami pick 42)
1rd.- ND TE Tyler Eifer

please send your comments and opinions, and who would be better players for the falcons.

I just checked a similar trade in 2009 between SF and Carolina and i gave to the trade less value, i will put an extra 4 rd pick in favor of the Falcons.

Trade 1rd 2014 for 2rd and 4rd 2013 (Miami pick 42 and 108)
1rd.- ND TE Tyler Eifer
4rd.- UGA DT Kwame Gaethers
aletz88

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
Only bad thing I see is William Gholston. Dudes the biggest wannabe thug in CFB.

Other than that really good value on all the picks without being unrealistic. All those picks are exactly on point really to those players draft stock right now. Would be thrilled with this class, even though I hate trading next years first. Even though you did that, it was a good selection. Change Gholston to a true DT and it's perfect man. Btw not sure if you intended this but Prentiss will play S in the NFL. It's sad we had to play him out of place in college. Glad you gave us a S though.

One of the best mocks I've seen to be honest, nice work!

William Gholston is a beast, maybe too aggressive, but this team needs players that scare the opponents.

About the trade i think that if we can take a player like Okafor in early second the trade is good for the Falcons, because the 2014 DE Class is not deep and the Falcons fills a necessity.
swoosh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting Eifert, Okafor, Lacy, and Warford would be diiiirty.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:

Do you think that could be possible based on their rankings and the trade proposed?
DirtyBird4L

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love Lacy, guy is a steal.
Willthethrill_H

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:

Completely agree. Honestly, I'd feel like we just got 4 first round picks. Each guy could instantly come in and start at their respective positions...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THis is a dream scenario, since there is no way Lacy is there this late. At this rate, he will be a first rounder for sure. Some 3-4 team will fall in love with Okafor and try to move him to OLB (please not Steelers).

I do like the positions though...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: