Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Raider Mock Off-Season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaliforniaKid7

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Nick Roach signing an Terrance Knighton, if we get Dprsey too, I don't want star really. I'd rather get Moore. Wouldn't mind seeing us pick up Mile Jenkins or a FA corner.

big thanks to OakleyCap on the sig
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
You have 8 Free Agents. That's not a lot of draft and develop. Those roles may seem insignificant but you are trying to be the best you can in three years--not this year. The season goal needs to be finding young guys--players still in their rookie deals--that can play.

You cut a ton of guys, which is good. But you brought more in. Let the young guys develop. Then have the cap space to sign them to a contract for their prime. The draft is great. That would be another year of progress.

I don't know at what point addressing the elephant in the room that is the quarterback position is a good idea--but that probably means ASAP.

While I agree w/ your theory, none of these young guys are Reggie's guys. They're still Al's for the most part. You can only do so much in one off-season w/ limited picks. Hell, I even through in an unrealistic trade, albeit possible, to give us more picks.

We don't have any young guys to develop right now. The people I brought in are young for the most part and still have a decent amount of time ahead of them. This isn't a "win now" plan I devised here. It's a plan to shore up the backbone of the team (the lines) w/ solid, young talent. There are positions that are lacking and I'm aware of this but how much can you realistically do in one year? I'm building a foundation and a quite strong one IMO. If you look at Reggie's picks, what young guys do we really have to develop? I'm glad you agree w/ the drafting though. I thought I put a good amount of thought into that.

The QB is a big ordeal. If we get rid of Carson, there is literally no one who can match what talent he has that would be available via the draft or FA or currently on this roster. Why develop someone who can't play? The future QB of this team is not on our roster right now. Yeah, he's got a hefty contract and it sucks but you have to take that hit at some position so why not it be the most important? Carson showed he still has the arm, he can still make all the throws necessary to win. He, and I have said this for many years, still needs a defense to help him out. He's more of a game manager that can win you games if need be, not vice-versa. If our defense can actually keep us in games, give us good field position, actually cause turnovers from time to time, who knows how long he could last? If you want further detail on my theory on this team and the QB position, I believe it will be addressed next season. Why not build the line for when the young guy comes in to take over? Keep him upright and not running for his life. If Luck was gonna be there, I'd say screw it and go all in on him. He's a QB who proved he can win w/o great help around him. Who knows how good he will be when he gets a good line and running game. Unfortunately there won't be anyone like him for quite some time.

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
I like the Nick Roach signing an Terrance Knighton, if we get Dprsey too, I don't want star really. I'd rather get Moore. Wouldn't mind seeing us pick up Mile Jenkins or a FA corner.

I'm glad you acknowledge the Roach pick-up. I think this guy could be pretty good in a rotational role and even more as a starter if need be and he won't be pricey.

I have also admittedly not watched too much of Moore but what I did see, I wasn't too impressed. He could become great but I just didn't see it and again, it was very limited so I'm a little naive.

I can't justify going after another CB w/ Huff's contract and plus I'm sure you know my stance on the CB position. Based on how these guys played at times w/ very limited help from the DLine, I think we can win w/ them back there and I think their play will improve w/ a solid DLine which is what I really focused on. The whole defense will improve w/ that line IMO.

PM sig requests.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: