Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Draft Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 134, 135, 136  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every mock draft in eagles forum has us trading up for their pick it seems. Laughing
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
Every mock draft in eagles forum has us trading up for their pick it seems. Laughing

Hilarious. Who do they have us salivating over enough to trade our picks to get up? I fail to see anyone myself.

Its their pipe dream, let them have it Laughing
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:

Hilarious. Who do they have us salivating over enough to trade our picks to get up? I fail to see anyone myself.

Its all for Luke Joeckel...dumb

But a ton of people around here have done it for the past few years, finding the team with multiple Firsts and pretending its an obvious fit for a trade with us.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:

But a ton of people around here have done it for the past few years, finding the team with multiple Firsts and pretending its an obvious fit for a trade with us.

All the mocks have us getting a tackle with the reasoning being "so they can move Saffold to RT". You know, because he struggles so much at LT Rolling Eyes

Its funny how little others know but think they know.
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:

All the mocks have us getting a tackle with the reasoning being "so they can move Saffold to RT". You know, because he struggles so much at LT Rolling Eyes

Its funny how little others know but think they know.

Funny thing is that it all starts with the big mock draft websites saying Saffold needs to be moved.

There has not been many times a team trades up into the top 10 for a LT, the only one I know of was Orlando Pace. He was a freak athlete though.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be shocked and ticked off if we did something that silly. Unless we are trading down, this seems to be the perfect draft to have 2 lower picks, with the lack of upper end elite talent on the board up top. Philly needs Joekel more then us and its not even close.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
DerekBrink

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah people who think they are moving Saffold are clueless. With Lewan and Matthews returning I think it's more likely we draft Warmack/Jones and a WR/S.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
I would be shocked and ticked off if we did something that silly. Unless we are trading down, this seems to be the perfect draft to have 2 lower picks, with the lack of upper end elite talent on the board up top. Philly needs Joekel more then us and its not even close.

Idk I think philly needs him just as much as we do... Which is... Neither really do. Both have solid caliber starting LTs, philly having an elite LT in Peters. He was just hurt so what do they need Joeckel for?... I could see Philly going another direction, maybe trade down with someone who really does need him, maybe Zona? Or whoever has a stellar combine and sets themself apart from the pack... Like a quarterback or DE? Joeckel is a great LT prospect and may be worth trading up but not us.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

Idk I think philly needs him just as much as we do... Which is... Neither really do. Both have solid caliber starting LTs, philly having an elite LT in Peters. He was just hurt so what do they need Joeckel for?... I could see Philly going another direction, maybe trade down with someone who really does need him, maybe Zona? Or whoever has a stellar combine and sets themself apart from the pack... Like a quarterback or DE? Joeckel is a great LT prospect and may be worth trading up but not us.

Well Philly needs a tackle, be that right or left. Also, Peters missed the entire season last year with a achilles injury. There is no telling if he will be on the level he was previously. Eagles line stinks, plain and simple.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

Yea, the Eagles need him WAY more than we do. Their fans just dont like that and want someone to trade to their pick for Joeckel so they dont end up with him. Not to mention teams dont usually trade up with THE team connected to a player, they trade up IN FRONT of them.

Peters isnt likely to be the same when he eventually returns, and Ive always been more impressed with his work as a RT than on the left side. That would be an impressive OT duo tho.
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

Yea, the Eagles need him WAY more than we do. Their fans just dont like that and want someone to trade to their pick for Joeckel so they dont end up with him. Not to mention teams dont usually trade up with THE team connected to a player, they trade up IN FRONT of them.

Peters isnt likely to be the same when he eventually returns, and Ive always been more impressed with his work as a RT than on the left side. That would be an impressive OT duo tho.

Your right, it would be like Jacksonville trading with us to get Blackmon last year. It would have never happened.
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:

It's truly hilarious. If we want a LT, we can stay where we are and take Fisher or Lane Johnson.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:

It's truly hilarious. If we want a LT, we can stay where we are and take Fisher or Lane Johnson.

Yeah, at this point I think unless Fisher falls in our lap and he is BPA, I don't see us taking a OT in the first round. I can't say much on Johnson haven't watched any tape on him.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:

Jrry I have to hand it to you with Johnson... I watched some more tape and he is better than i originally thought. Would definitely be ok with him at 22. Would like it alot more in round 2 but in any case, he is growing on me.
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this seem like a fair trade for both teams.

Rams trade
Round 1 pick 16
Round 2 pick 46
Round 5 pick 142

to the Raiders for...

Round 1 pick 3

Rams pick up a premium pick at #3 and still get to keep pick 22. Raiders move to 16 but pick up a 2nd and 5th, which they don't have right now because of Hue Jackson.

I'm working on a mock, trying to make it realistic. Any input would be great, thanks guys.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 134, 135, 136  Next
Page 35 of 136

Jump to: