Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patriots Draft Prospects 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TGShabba

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
TGShabba wrote:
I'd love to see us bring Jennings in if we can't work something out/don't tag Welker. Unfortunately that only happens if he's willing to take a low-ball offer for a solid shot at another ring.

If he's willing to take a paycut to chase a ring, why would he leave GB?

Because if he stays in GB, he'll probably descend to the #2 or #3 spot behind Jones/Nelson/Cobb. He'd be the de facto #1 WR in NE.
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:
Richter wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Richter wrote:
If Chung is a key guy, the Pats are in more trouble than I thought...

He's a key guy insofar as it's a hole that needs to be filled and finding even a mediocre safety is difficult (both in general and in New England). He's not good, but he's known mediocrity (or a little worse). I'm still not convinced they'll find an upgrade anywhere unless they want to invest big bucks in a free agent. How many draft picks are likely enough to be better than Chung/Gregory/Wilson to be worth pulling the trigger on? Probably nobody outside of the top 50 picks in this draft.

I like this safety class compared to last year's, and Vaccaro, Jefferson and some of the bigger corner prospects could all end up being considerable upgrades. Or they could look at the free agent class, though that seems less likely.

This Safety class is the deepest in recent memory. I don't think there's a question someone falls to us in the 2nd round who would conceivably be an upgrade on what we have. Tony Jefferson can man both spots and is a real physical presence despite his 5'11 stature. There's a couple of fast, physical Strong Safeties a few have been talking about in Phillip Thomas from Fresno State and Duke Williams from Nevada who are worth a close look.

Or we can just scoop up John Boyett in the late rounds, who's gonna be the best one.

Coming off double patella surgery? I might pass on that...good player though.
Mental Fitz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Vollmer Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
My biggest worry on the OL for next year isn't even any of the interior spots. It's what they'll do at RT if Vollmer leaves.

Don't you think they use the tag top hold him and work a deal out? I don't think they would double up on Welker with the tag. They think they overpaid him this year...Vollmer is the best candidate for the tag, especially considering the the position salary and cap hit.
TomRalph

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Vollmer Reply with quote

Mental Fitz wrote:
Sciz wrote:
My biggest worry on the OL for next year isn't even any of the interior spots. It's what they'll do at RT if Vollmer leaves.

Don't you think they use the tag top hold him and work a deal out? I don't think they would double up on Welker with the tag. They think they overpaid him this year...Vollmer is the best candidate for the tag, especially considering the the position salary and cap hit.

Would the tag for Vollmer be for OT's or RT's? Not sure if the position is split like that in determining the average salary.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Vollmer Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
Would the tag for Vollmer be for OT's or RT's? Not sure if the position is split like that in determining the average salary.
It's the same for all offensive linemen, around $9.3M.
Mental Fitz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Vollmer Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
TomRalph wrote:

Mankins is getting 5.7 next year, wonder what they would do for Vollmer?
Mental Fitz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Vollmer Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
TomRalph wrote:

the franchise for a guard should be no lower than 6,130,000 and for a tackle no lower than 8,670,000 according to the average of the top 5 salary at each position. Welker would be due 11,082,117 plus if tagged again....with a possible 18 mill to spare in cap room....does anyone see then tagging Welker before Vollmer?
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrance Williams is a guy everyone needs to take a long look at. he would kill it here.
Richter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy that's really catching my eye right now is Bennie Logan out of LSU. 6'3", 295 pounds, lightning quick first step and long arms. He ate South Carolina alive inside, and was effective rushing the passer against Florida. He needs a lot of technique work, but at the end of the first round, he could be a nice pick.
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
The guy that's really catching my eye right now is Bennie Logan out of LSU. 6'3", 295 pounds, lightning quick first step and long arms. He ate South Carolina alive inside, and was effective rushing the passer against Florida. He needs a lot of technique work, but at the end of the first round, he could be a nice pick.

The only player on that line that didn't totally underwhelm this season. Laughing

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
Richter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Dee Milliner declared. He's 1a to Xavier Rhodes 1b as far as my preference right now for a first round pick.
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
Well, Dee Milliner declared. He's 1a to Xavier Rhodes 1b as far as my preference right now for a first round pick.

Milliner is going top 10 - don't think we'll get a sniff sadly.
Richter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
Richter wrote:

Milliner is going top 10 - don't think we'll get a sniff sadly.

Unless he kills it in the post-season process, I don't think he'll go top 10. The corner class seems pretty top heavy this year, but if one doesn't go early, they first one picked could end up in the latter third of the first. Still, I don't think Milliner is there if the Pats are picking at 28 or later, but I can hope.
m haynes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under the radar. Cooper Taylor safety Richmond. This kid had a bright future early in his career. I think he is a sleeper that we could look at in the lower rounds. Love the size and the knowledge of the game.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1401024-nfl-draft-2012-prospect-sleepers-and-steals/page/2
Donut

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I watch Stedman Bailey from WVU the more I think he'd be a great fit here. He has great hands, good route runner, and he has quick feet. I think that he'd be a guy brady would like.
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 16 of 60

Jump to: