Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Titans Draft Thread(We Own Pick #10)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
Really, we could use DeCastro and Warmack on our team.

If you want to pay a running back as much as we do, might as well be able to block for him.

DeCastro still is an unknown. He is smallish for a Guard and is unproven as a Center. I'll take Womack or Jones over DeCastro.

Don't care what anyone says. Wright was a better pick than an OG. You can argue about Chandler Jones or some other player, but Wright was better than OG. Considering what we got from our WR core this year, WR looks like it was "need."
VY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
VY wrote:
With all this Te'o talk, is this assuming a 3-4 switch? I can't really see us drafting a mike with how the team is on McCarthy. I think the 3 LB's we have can be solid if (1) they stay healthy and (2) we find a big DT that can absorb initial pressure and not let the center and / or guards get to the second levels so quickly.

For me, I'm not even a Teo fan. I just can appreciate what I see from him and want something like that on my team.
My biggest issue isn't the number of LB's we have, it's the number of reliable and steady LB's we have.

McCarthy missed games last year, he missed over half the season this year and when he could go he wasn't effective.

For anyone not thinking he is a question mark, you are fooling yourself. I for one don't want to sit around hoping he ends up ok and then be left hanging when he gets dinged up again. The LB core can be too good to be left trying to put in scurbs to play that spot. A good LB could have been a difference in 2-3 Wins this year.

I just think that's a waste of a pick though, looking at other holes. Obviously at 10 we should probably just go BPA as the number of scenarios of good players that could drop are endless. But LB doesn't seem like the right fit for that pick unless it's a game changing pass rusher.

People can compare Te'o at 10 to Wright at 20, but I don't think that's apples to apples. We can put 3-4 receivers on the field far more than we will ever have 3 LB's on the field in a 4-3. With as much nickel that's used now, your core 3 LB's should be enough, the rest just depth / ST.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
VY wrote:
With all this Te'o talk, is this assuming a 3-4 switch? I can't really see us drafting a mike with how the team is on McCarthy. I think the 3 LB's we have can be solid if (1) they stay healthy and (2) we find a big DT that can absorb initial pressure and not let the center and / or guards get to the second levels so quickly.

For me, I'm not even a Teo fan. I just can appreciate what I see from him and want something like that on my team.
My biggest issue isn't the number of LB's we have, it's the number of reliable and steady LB's we have.

McCarthy missed games last year, he missed over half the season this year and when he could go he wasn't effective.

For anyone not thinking he is a question mark, you are fooling yourself. I for one don't want to sit around hoping he ends up ok and then be left hanging when he gets dinged up again. The LB core can be too good to be left trying to put in scurbs to play that spot. A good LB could have been a difference in 2-3 Wins this year.

I just think that's a waste of a pick though, looking at other holes. Obviously at 10 we should probably just go BPA as the number of scenarios of good players that could drop are endless. But LB doesn't seem like the right fit for that pick unless it's a game changing pass rusher.

People can compare Te'o at 10 to Wright at 20, but I don't think that's apples to apples. We can put 3-4 receivers on the field far more than we will ever have 3 LB's on the field in a 4-3. With as much nickel that's used now, your core 3 LB's should be enough, the rest just depth / ST.

I can agree that MLB wouldn't be the most efficient pick at 10.

The way I view a draft is this.... if we are most likely going to draft a MLB later on, is it so wrong to take one that you view is the best. (not saying Teo is the best) but for the sake of this post, lets say he is. If you want a MLB why not take the best one.
If you want a RB, why not take the best one.

I'd go into a draft with a list. I want a MLB, OG, RB, S, CB, DT, DE.

Now, you have short supply at some positions so you might have to take a higher rated guy, at a less needed position because the drop off is so big. (Example: Wright. He has clearly shown to be the best if not one of the best from this draft class at WR. Could we have lived without a WR at #1. Yes. But if we felt like we needed a WR and none of significant talent would be there later, then get the best one you can while you can.)

Obviously they didn't feel the same about OG's as this forum did because they took none.

But I'm not saying this to say I'm demanding Teo. I'm saying I understand why they could draft him, especially if they deem the other MLB's to be that far off talent wise.
Because they are going to get a MLB in FA or the draft and not one to just look pretty and play special teams. They are going after a guy that can play and start. I don't think Collin will be just handed the spot back.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
VY wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
VY wrote:

I can agree that MLB wouldn't be the most efficient pick at 10.

The way I view a draft is this.... if we are most likely going to draft a MLB later on, is it so wrong to take one that you view is the best. (not saying Teo is the best) but for the sake of this post, lets say he is. If you want a MLB why not take the best one.
If you want a RB, why not take the best one.

I'd go into a draft with a list. I want a MLB, OG, RB, S, CB, DT, DE.

Now, you have short supply at some positions so you might have to take a higher rated guy, at a less needed position because the drop off is so big. (Example: Wright. He has clearly shown to be the best if not one of the best from this draft class at WR. Could we have lived without a WR at #1. Yes. But if we felt like we needed a WR and none of significant talent would be there later, then get the best one you can while you can.)

Obviously they didn't feel the same about OG's as this forum did because they took none.

But I'm not saying this to say I'm demanding Teo. I'm saying I understand why they could draft him, especially if they deem the other MLB's to be that far off talent wise.
Because they are going to get a MLB in FA or the draft and not one to just look pretty and play special teams. They are going after a guy that can play and start. I don't think Collin will be just handed the spot back.

This is a very necessary need, but it's also real bummer for me. The way we're talking about possibly taking Te'o or finding another MLB, you'd get the impression that McCarthy was some sort of lame a$$ with inadequate ball skills. Even though that's far from the truth, I'm still in full agreement that we need to find another MLB to compete, at least on or close to the same level. It's not a case of McCarthy needing to be "pushed", it's a matter if him being able to stay healthy.
MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warmack and Lacy 2013

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
TitanSS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
TitanSS wrote:

If you want to pay a running back as much as we do, might as well be able to block for him.

DeCastro still is an unknown. He is smallish for a Guard and is unproven as a Center. I'll take Womack or Jones over DeCastro.

Don't care what anyone says. Wright was a better pick than an OG. You can argue about Chandler Jones or some other player, but Wright was better than OG. Considering what we got from our WR core this year, WR looks like it was "need."

I would take Warmack over DeCastro also. But I also believe that if you're going to pay your running back a ton of money you better have 3 good interior lineman, and right now we don't have a very promising situation there.

If we get rid of CJ. Then I would be fine with the Wright pick. But CJ is getting paid too much money for us to consistently lose the battle at the line of scrimmage. We need 2 if not 3 interior lineman added to our roster.

CJs rushing yards were skewed because of the big gains he got on a few carries, so it would have looked like we had a good day running. But 85 yards on one carry and 15 on 12 other carries is not a good day rushing. We consistently lost up front all season long.
Ockham

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
TitanSS wrote:

6ft 5in 320lbs is not small.

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
Ockham

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.titansonline.com/media-center/videos/Daniel-Jeremiahs-Mock-Draft-1-10/e3266d74-6b5a-4db9-bd11-0798def92591?campaign=ten%3Afanshare%3Afacebook

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ockham wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
TitanSS wrote:

6ft 5in 320lbs is not small.

Smallish, not saying he is small numbers wise, but physically his build was questioned.

And he struggled physically before getting hurt...

http://profootballzone.com/nfl/david-decastro-struggling-at-steelers-camp/

Steelers rookie guard David DeCastro has been struggling in training camp so far.

Quote:
“Perhaps the biggest disappointment of Steelers training camp has been the struggles of first-round pick David DeCastro,” wrote Hemsley

DeCastro told Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger that he’s struggling with the physical part of the game right now.

“I talked to him the other day,” Roethlisberger told the TimesOnline.com. “I said, ‘How you doing? Evaluate yourself.’ “He said it’s different. I said what do you mean? He said it’s tough. I said what’s the tough part, the mental or the physical? He said, ‘The mental part I got. The physical is a lot tougher. These guys are really good.’”
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiper in his 1st mock draft has us taking way undersized DE Dion Jordan. He has great athleticism and a huge frame to add weight but needs alot of work if he plans to be a 4-3 DE.
Flylow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Kiper in his 1st mock draft has us taking way undersized DE Dion Jordan. He has great athleticism and a huge frame to add weight but needs alot of work if he plans to be a 4-3 DE.

I hate that pick for us. It makes 0 sense for us to take him, imo. While I'm not the biggest Sheldon Richardson fan he has to be our pick if we go DL. Unless Moore or Star somehow slip down to #10. I don't see how anyone can say Dion Jordan is a better pick than Richardson at #10.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flylow wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

I hate that pick for us. It makes 0 sense for us to take him, imo. While I'm not the biggest Sheldon Richardson fan he has to be our pick if we go DL. Unless Moore or Star somehow slip down to #10. I don't see how anyone can say Dion Jordan is a better pick than Richardson at #10.

Oh don't get me wrong, I don't like Jordan as a prospect. Not that high anyway. I wouldn't be mad about the pick like I was last year with Wright but I'd prefer Richardson, Hankins, and Werner over him. Possibly Sam Montgomery as well.
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, about Manti Te'o.....

Zach Brown-Injured (Out for Year)
Taylor Thompson-2 rec, 24 yards, 0 TDs
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like the only person who doesn't care about this fake girlfriend thing.
Blazed-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
I feel like the only person who doesn't care about this fake girlfriend thing.

Well he is not that good either. Brings nothing to the tables besides not being injury prone.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 16 of 62

Jump to: