Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jermaine Gresham
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bengals Backer wrote:
Gresham is not playing up to where he was drafted, but he's not been a bad TE. Not sure if it's the system he's in or he just doesn't have that fire to be great. He still has loads of talant, just needs to live up to it.

Now that my anger as subsided, and the bourbon I'm drinking is kicking in. I'd like to see us give Gresham another chance next season.

So freakin talented. Hopefully this season wakes up him to the fact that he can't take a second off while on the field. He needs to stay focused and be aggressive 100% of the time. I want the Chiefs game Gresham to show up all season...
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
So freakin talented. Hopefully this season wakes up him to the fact that he can't take a second off while on the field. He needs to stay focused and be aggressive 100% of the time. I want the Chiefs game Gresham to show up all season...
Well V112, you'll be able to see his Chiefs game form on display in Hawaii a week after Superbowl.....
BengalsEra

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
BengalsEra wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
BengalsEra wrote:
If the bengals take jordan reed, gresham wouldnt get as many balls thrown his way. I think with jordan reed in there, gresham wont want to give up his starting spot and would step his game up.

We just drafted Charles. Give him a shot before drafting someone else

Charles isnt the dynamic reciever, plus he would be the third TE. get rid of Quinn

I like him as a third TE, but not enough to spend a third rounder on a third stringer, especially when we have glaring needs like multiple RBs, OLB and S.

We have 3 picks in the first 2 rounds. whats wrong with drafting jordan reed? most of the best offences in the nfl have a 2 TE set.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two reasons.

1. We have two TEs in Gresham and Charles. And b4 you say Charles didn't do much, remember he made the most of those chances. So throw him the ball more.

2. We have glaring needs elsewhere. Like RB, safety and LB. Are you really advocating ignoring those needs to address the number three TE on the roster with a first or second round draft pick?
theJ

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to agree. And really the team shouldn't try to chase other fads in the NFL today. The teams that are successful create them. So maybe instead of lots of 2 TE sets, they should try some 2 RB sets, or WR's in the backfield, etc. Doing something because other teams do it isn't a good enough reason for me.

TBH, if the Bengals drafted another TE and kept 3, i think we'd just never see the 3rd guy. Not to mention the 2nd guy would only see limited snaps.

Let's see Gruden utilize the 2nd TE before the team goes off half cocked drafting a 3rd one.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
BengalsEra

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
Two reasons.

1. We have two TEs in Gresham and Charles. And b4 you say Charles didn't do much, remember he made the most of those chances. So throw him the ball more.

2. We have glaring needs elsewhere. Like RB, safety and LB. Are you really advocating ignoring those needs to address the number three TE on the roster with a first or second round draft pick?

1. all i said was that charles isnt the dynamic reciever, I know he's useful for the team.

2. jordan reed shouldn't go until the 3rd round.. and RB and S are the biggest needs. not LB
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BengalsEra wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
Two reasons.

1. all i said was that charles isnt the dynamic reciever, I know he's useful for the team.

2. jordan reed shouldn't go until the 3rd round.. and RB and S are the biggest needs. not LB

Tend to agree with 'INB' and 'J' here.

The only reason you take a TE with one of our top 4 picks is if you're p'd off with Gresham enough to move him on, and I don't think they're at that point with him yet.

Now if a Joe Fauria is still there in the 4th, although listed as a TE, he could be real interesting as a WR !!!!
BengalsEra

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know about you guys but I would love it if the bengals took tyler eifert in the 1st, kenny vaccaro in the 2nd, and leveon bell in the 2nd.
Anonymous3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BengalsEra wrote:
I dont know about you guys but I would love it if the bengals took tyler eifert in the 1st, kenny vaccaro in the 2nd, and leveon bell in the 2nd.

I wouldn't take a TE early and no chance I'd take Bell that early. Far too much tread on his tires. Bet the Abe penny head doesn't come close to being covered.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous3 wrote:
BengalsEra wrote:

I wouldn't take a TE early and no chance I'd take Bell that early. Far too much tread on his tires. Bet the Abe penny head doesn't come close to being covered.

Why wouldnt you take a TE that early? and how can a guy coming out of college have "too much tread on his tires?"
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems foolish to have multiple first round picks at TE. Gresham was dynamic at times and should be even moreso. I'd rather spend that pick on any one of the following: DE, LB, RB, OL, S. Of course I have no problem going TE if it is clearly BPA, but I would prefer it not to fall that way due to having only so many number ones to go around.

I think the phrase would be "not enough tread left on the tire" meaning he has had a lot of carries. Unless he was meaning to say he wants a running back that has been run down a bit. My biggest issue w/ Bell, aside from just not being a big fan, is that he isn't a breakaway threat. He doesn't compliment what we have, so much as replace BJGE. In your first 3 picks, only Vaccaro fills a need. I'd definitely be happy with that pick.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gresham is frustrating, but TE is about out 9th need.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Anonymous3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BengalsEra wrote:
Anonymous3 wrote:
BengalsEra wrote:

Why wouldnt you take a TE that early? and how can a guy coming out of college have "too much tread on his tires?"

Just research stats for RBs coming out of college with over 600 carries. The numbers are not favorable for long-term productivity.

And because we have Gresham under contract for cheap and have Orson Charles behind him. Drafting a TE just to stash him away behind those two is silly. We all know the coaching staff isn't giving up on either of those two yet. It's just unrealistic and I would rather see what Charles has. He was a good receiver at Georgia and did well in little time here.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous3 wrote:
BengalsEra wrote:
Anonymous3 wrote:
BengalsEra wrote:

Just research stats for RBs coming out of college with over 600 carries. The numbers are not favorable for long-term productivity.

He was pointing out that you worded it incorrectly. You said "too much tread" when you meant to say "not enough tread" or "too much wear on his tread" or something to that affect.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
BengalsEra

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like gresham and I like charles. Reed or eifert would help out the offense greatly. The bengals struggle on 3rd down and in the redzone, were eifert is an expert. Eifert would give dalton a huge target on third down. He would take some coverage away from everyone else on the field, which would help them out as well. If you look at the stats from last year, offense is the area where the bengals need to improve (this is if the bengals resign everyone like they said they will). 3rd down is the main reason the offense struggled when it did. when the offense did well, they converted on a lot of 3rd downs. adding eifert would help that 3rd down eficiency. And bell has breakaway speed, if you look at the tape, his recievers couldnt block, which evey run farther than 15 yards is mainly due to the recievers getting on their blocks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: