Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Report: Bears interview Marc Trestman as head coach
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should we create a thread for the other 12 interviews Laughing
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SadLionFan00 wrote:
Should we create a thread for the other 12 interviews Laughing

only if Twitter is involved.

Bonanza23 wrote:
Unfortunately I think it has something to do with the "I have to be first" syndrome. Laughing

very much the case.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
We've been having a lot of false alarms in NFL News lately...

Should we consider an NFL Rumors forum?

No; I just think people REALLY need to consider the source prior to posting. or find an additional source to corroborate the source. I'll update the thread title to properly reflect the actual deal here.

Also - I'm 99% certain that Rick Dennison will get the job. His strength is OL work (the biggest weakness for the Bears) was the OC for Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall in Denver, has working relationships with prior OC Mike Tice and QB coach Jermey Bates, and - most importantly - is a first time HC, which will give GM Phil Emory the clout to run the team as he wants.

Given the past 2-3 years, I felt as if there was a power struggle between Lovie Smith and Phil Emory - both had a vision that was the stark opposite of what the other wanted to do. Dennison doesn't have illusions of Mike Shanahan or Gary Kubiak-esque pull; He's there to do a job, and he's there to let others do their job.

If Dennison doesn't get it, I will be SHOCKED.
LOL ET, Emery was just hired last year Laughing

Dennison has said he doesn't want to change anything about the defense, which is a + in my book.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/11/marc-trestman-says-he-hasnt-gotten-bears-job/

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:

No; I just think people REALLY need to consider the source prior to posting. or find an additional source to corroborate the source. I'll update the thread title to properly reflect the actual deal here.

Also - I'm 99% certain that Rick Dennison will get the job. His strength is OL work (the biggest weakness for the Bears) was the OC for Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall in Denver, has working relationships with prior OC Mike Tice and QB coach Jermey Bates, and - most importantly - is a first time HC, which will give GM Phil Emory the clout to run the team as he wants.

Given the past 2-3 years, I felt as if there was a power struggle between Lovie Smith and Phil Emory - both had a vision that was the stark opposite of what the other wanted to do. Dennison doesn't have illusions of Mike Shanahan or Gary Kubiak-esque pull; He's there to do a job, and he's there to let others do their job.

Dennison has said he doesn't want to change anything about the defense, which is a + in my book.

Well that's awkward. Laughing

Assuming he's hired and has success, could we start seeing an influx of successful CFL coaches coming to the league?
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:

Well, I'll be damned, You're right, my bad. Even the best make mistakes. Embarassed

Still - I remember hearing a story on talk radio about a meeting with the Bears high level executives and coaches basically turning into a shouting match between Lovie and Phil. Could be a fabricated story, what say you? Did those two seem as if they worked well together, or was there tension between the two?

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This can't just fall to the "honest mistake category" i guess, i figured with Fox Sports analyst Jimmy Johnson's relationship with Marc Trestman that his information does have merit [does it matter he shared that info via twitter? every info is shared via twitter first, it's silly of any of you to say that because the info was "found" via twitter that it's a wrong thing]

VD btw.... smh. [and not because of what you wrote necessarily]
Tom Brady Tribute
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys,

I'm trying to get the conversation back to football. Help me out here, I'm open to suggestion. Maybe move it to NFL General?

GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
This can't just fall to the "honest mistake category" i guess, i figured with Fox Sports analyst Jimmy Johnson's relationship with Marc Trestman that his information does have merit [does it matter he shared that info via twitter? every info is shared via twitter first, it's silly of any of you to say that because the info was "found" via twitter that it's a wrong thing]

Next time wait for @BradBiggs or @seankjensen to confirm.

GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Guys,

I'm trying to get the conversation back to football. Help me out here, I'm open to suggestion. Maybe move it to NFL General?

That would be good

Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:

Well, I'll be damned, You're right, my bad. Even the best make mistakes. Embarassed

Still - I remember hearing a story on talk radio about a meeting with the Bears high level executives and coaches basically turning into a shouting match between Lovie and Phil. Could be a fabricated story, what say you? Did those two seem as if they worked well together, or was there tension between the two?
It was between Bears coaches and the Bears FO under Jerry Angelo and Tim Ruskell, led to both scouting directors getting fired. Word has it was a discussion that went something like "how the hell am I supposed to win when you keep giving me crap to work with?"

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:

It was between Bears coaches and the Bears FO under Jerry Angelo and Tim Ruskell, led to both scouting directors getting fired. Word has it was a discussion that went something like "how the hell am I supposed to win when you keep giving me crap to work with?"

Aha. Gotcha. Understood.

Well, that angle doesn't hold water, but the relationship with Cutler/Marshall is still fresh. Very Happy

vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trestman denied Johnsonís report.

Trestman: "I have not heard from the Bears and have responded in that manner on multiple levels."

http://blogs.montrealgazette.com/2013/01/11/trestman-denies-bears-rumour/

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Slaymont Harris

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:

I think if it's an accredited journalist that is respected as far as breaking NFL news, then Twitter is fine. Basically, that amounts to the major beat writers for the team and the usual national suspects (Schefter, Mortensen, LaCanfora, etc.). Any former player/coach/broadcaster can write a tweet saying "I expect so-and-so to get the job", but a respected journalist would only report fact as fact (although once in a while they make a mistake). The source is what matters, not the medium.
Badger75

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
I expect a good rivalry with Minnesota....

1. Born in Minneapolis, Minnesota
2. Played 3 seasons at the University of Minnesota.
3. Played 1 season at Minnesota State University.
4. Played 2 seasons with the Minnesota Vikings.
5. RB coach for the Vikings for 2 years.
6. QB coach for the Vikings for 2 years.

He tried out twice but didn't make the roster.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: