Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Daltons numbers thru 2.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Daltons numbers thru 2. Reply with quote

Lots of differing views on Daltons performance thru his first two seasons ranging from the 'second-coming' to 'a no good bum'.

Lets stack his cold numbers up against other Bengal QB's.

ANDY DALTON, W/L 19-13, TD=47, PASS.YDS=7067, QBR=83.9,

CARSON PALMER, W/L 17-12, TD=50, PASS.YDS=6733, QBR=90.2,

JEFF BLAKE, W/L 10-22, TD=42, PASS.YDS=5976, QBR=79.5,

NORMAN JULIUS ESIASON, W/L 10-8, TD=30, PASS.YDS=3943, QBR=87.3,

KENNY ANDERSON, W/L 7-10, TD=12, PASS.YDS=2695, QBR=73.6,

Dalton leads in wins and passing yards, but is 3 TD's behind Golden Boy Palmer.

Thoughts ?
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and this from 'bengals.com'........

Dalton's first two seasons compare with the current reign of quarterbacks. Romo and Rodgers didn't begin playing until their third and fourth years, respectively, and Dalton (19 wins, 47 TD passes) has Rodgers beat (17-58) in victories and tied with Romo (19-55). Dalton has more TD passes than Tom Brady (46) and almost as many regular-season wins (20). Same with Joe Flacco (20-35) and Roethlisberger (22-34). He's got Drew Brees (10-28) beat in both.
ark23

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in agreement. Through two years Dalton has been exceptional in the context of history. And in a vacumn what he's done is very impressive.

But there's just this nagging feeling that his ceiling is limited. It's so hard for me to see him as an elite QB in the NFL. Whereas someone like, say Ryan Tannehill - who hasn't shown the same production but one can more easily imagine as an elite QB.

His quick release is nice, and I do think mentally he's quite good for the most part. But his pocket prescense is lackluster, he makes a handful of awful decisions each game and his ball placement is inconsistent.

To win a super bowl with Dalton at QB we need to be able to build an elite team around him, a top flight running game, great defense and elite receivers/offensive line.
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy Dalton will for his career be the definition of a mediocre Quarterback. While exciting for the Bengals, will this guy ever win a Super Bowl? I sincerely doubt it. Given the Defenses performance against Houston, this team should be heading to Denver to take on Peyton.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conquest8089 wrote:
Andy Dalton will for his career be the definition of a mediocre Quarterback. While exciting for the Bengals, will this guy ever win a Super Bowl? I sincerely doubt it. Given the Defenses performance against Houston, this team should be heading to Denver to take on Peyton.

Superbowl ?????? , (said in the tone of Jim Mora Sr).......

Hell, if you've been a Bengal fan for the last 30 years like me, b2b winning seasons is a major achievement, b2b play-off slots is off the charts !!!!!

Last edited by LondonBengal on Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think he is an average to above average QB who will contuinue to get better. The one thing I doubt he improves on is arm strength. He will have to learn how to get the ball higher and let our guys outjump the DBs for it. His pocket presence of late can be corrected. His sloppy footwork can be corrected. The line in front of him can be improved. he still has only been in the league two years, and look what he has done. He may never measure up to Luck, but for a second round pick, he has more than lived up to billing.

Last edited by INbengalfan on Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
theJ

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
I still think he is an average to above average QB who will contuinue to get better. The one thing I doubt he improves on is arm strength. He will have to learn how to get the ball higher and let our guys outjump the DBs for it. His pocket presence of late can be corrected. His sloppy footwork can be corrected. The line in front og=f him can be improved. he still has only been in the league two years, and look what he has done. He may never measure up to Luck, but for a second round pick, he has more than lived up to billing.

I don't want to turn this into a Luck debate, but i'm still not convinced he's a pro QB. He did some good things, but his accuracy is alarmingly bad. I don't know that i'd trade Andy for Luck.

I'll definitely take Griffin though, ACL and all. Laughing

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
I still think he is an average to above average QB who will contuinue to get better. The one thing I doubt he improves on is arm strength. He will have to learn how to get the ball higher and let our guys outjump the DBs for it. His pocket presence of late can be corrected. His sloppy footwork can be corrected. The line in front og=f him can be improved. he still has only been in the league two years, and look what he has done. He may never measure up to Luck, but for a second round pick, he has more than lived up to billing.

I don't want to turn this into a Luck debate, but i'm still not convinced he's a pro QB. He did some good things, but his accuracy is alarmingly bad. I don't know that i'd trade Andy for Luck.

I'll definitely take Griffin though, ACL and all. Laughing

You are insane. I would do that deal instantly.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
I don't want to turn this into a Luck debate, but i'm still not convinced he's a pro QB.

Luck or dalton?
theJ

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
theJ wrote:
I don't want to turn this into a Luck debate, but i'm still not convinced he's a pro QB.

Luck or dalton?

Luck. And for that matter, Dalton as well. Both have their faults.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Spartan300

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For everyone upset about Dalton in the playoffs, remember Matt Ryan is 0-3 all time in the playoffs heading into this weekend.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: