Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

BREAKING NEWS : Rob Chudzinski Named Head Coach
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bucketheadsdad

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fte88 wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
Who's going to make the Sigs with the C.H.U.D. Movie posters? Smile

This is already my favorite thing:

I resized one to be my new avi....but I can't upload it at work. I might just have to stick with my buckethead.

2014 1st Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award...#FREEJOSHGORDON! Adopt a Brownie 2014: Jabaal Sheard 3 tackles, 1 sack
bulldog

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaWg_LB. wrote:
bulldog wrote:
DaWg_LB. wrote:
bulldog wrote:
DaWg_LB. wrote:
I like the Hire....

I feel our Front 7 can handle the transition to the 3-4....with several of the players already having 3-4 experience...I would think we look something like

DE- Taylor/Winn
NT- Hughs/Kitchen
DE- Rubin/Rucker
OLB- 1rst round pick(Oregon DE/OLB?)/????
ILB- DQ/Robertson/Carder
ILB- Gocong/JMJ/Fort
OLB- Sheard/???

Why would rubin play DE when he was one of the top NTs in the league when we had a 34..

I believe that the way I've seen them both (Rubin and Taylor) move, they are both uncannily mobile for big men.....not Haloti Ngata mobile, but much more than Casey Hampton Mobile......and from what I've seen this season, that would give us our 3 best DL vs the run/tying up blockers on the field at the same time....with these guys, I think they could stop the run almost by themselves.

So you think moving our very good and proven NT to DE, and starting a second year player at a position he's never played gives them the best chance to stop the run?

I disagree..

That is fine that you dissagree.....in college Hugh's was a run stuffer, that was his strength....so I believe he has what it takes to play the NT...of what we currently have on the roster and what I've seen from these players over the years...Rubin and Taylor are athletic enough to play the 5tech in this D.....
Also your comment about "second year player at a position he's never played"......LOL, of who we currently have on the roster, we are going to be starting a player who has never played the position before...if we keep Rube at NT, then we play Winn or Rucker at end no?...and which one of them has played DE in a 3-4 before? I am just giving my opinion based of what I've seen.

I'm going to ignore you LOL comment.

And you took a sentence I said that contained to parts, and used one section against me in your dispute.

Ill clear this up as well, I don't want Wynn to start at DE. He doesn't maintain his gap well enough to play 34 DE.

Your also ignoring position. Hughes was a run stuffer, your right, but he played the 1 tech at CIN. He's never played the 0 tech. Making him the only player in the starting lineup YOU described as being out of position and a second year player.

Rucker would be playing a new position, but he has been in the league or 7 years. He's knows what he is doing..

And tell me, why is it ok that Taylor make the change to de in your opinion, but you use Rucker as a arguement against me? Taylor might have played in the 34 at baylor, but I don't remember.

It also took Rubin 3 years to learn how to play the 0 tech, what makes you think Hughes could do it in one offseaon?
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:

And you took a sentence I said that contained to parts, and used one section against me in your dispute.

Ill clear this up as well, I don't want Wynn to start at DE. He doesn't maintain his gap well enough to play 34 DE.

Your also ignoring position. Hughes was a run stuffer, your right, but he played the 1 tech at CIN. He's never played the 0 tech. Making him the only player in the starting lineup YOU described as being out of position and a second year player.

Rucker would be playing a new position, but he has been in the league or 7 years. He's knows what he is doing..

And tell me, why is it ok that Taylor make the change to de in your opinion, but you use Rucker as a arguement against me? Taylor might have played in the 34 at baylor, but I don't remember.

It also took Rubin 3 years to learn how to play the 0 tech, what makes you think Hughes could do it in one offseaon?

Why don't we just NOT switch to the 3-4. It never worked here before. Besides our D is actually a strength of the team at 4-3. We keep Jauron as DC and I will fully support this coaching staff.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
bulldog

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mastercheddaar wrote:
bulldog wrote:

Why don't we just NOT switch to the 3-4. It never worked here before. Besides our D is actually a strength of the team at 4-3. We keep Jauron as DC and I will fully support this coaching staff.

that is all

Mastercheddaar

You think our 23rd ranked defense is a team strength?

I'm as optimistic as any browns fan, but at full strenght all year, we had a 15th ranked defense at best.
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:

I'm as optimistic as any browns fan, but at full strenght all year, we had a 15th ranked defense at best.

Which for a team with so many young players is a strength. Additionally, our defense was as successful as it was with an offense that was atrocious.
NateDawg

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:

I think our defense has been well on its way to becoming a strength, with a few more pieces. They're building something good particularly on the defensive line. Besides, I think that the low ranking has much to do with the fact that our offense is horrendous and the defense is seemingly on the field most of the time.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that 23rd ranking does not tell the whole story.

Just like our top 10 ranking the year before was also misleading.

We are a middle of the pack D with most of our best players being very young.

Being on the field so much because of our crap offense hurts them big time.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
bulldog

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

19th on scoring defense. Its the only stat that matters. Still not that good.

If they feel that the players we have could grow in a 34 and be more productive than I'm all for it.

I won't defend mediocrity.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

remember that we missed Haden for 4 and Taylor for 8. Also were without Gocong and had much rookie play.

The defense is very promising, that's why I don't want to get away from it.

Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:

If they feel that the players we have could grow in a 34 and be more productive than I'm all for it.

Depends on who is making the decision. If its Lombardi and Haslam, I don't.
bulldog

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
remember that we missed Haden for 4 and Taylor for 8. Also were without Gocong and had much rookie play.

Injuries happen to every team.

PIT had both Harrison and Palomalu out and still ranked 1st on total defense.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:

Well that is because that defense is full of great defenders.

We were missing two of our few good ones.

I'm just saying it makes sense.

You have Ward and Haden who are near the top of the league at their positions. Jackson is good. Taylor and Rubin are beasts. Sheard is good. JMJ has been decent. We have a lot of young talent that looks to be better, but almost all of them fit the 4-3 and not the 3-4.

Switching means pushing back competing at least 2 years, IMO

bulldog

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
bulldog wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:

You have Ward and Haden who are near the top of the league at their positions. Jackson is good. Taylor and Rubin are beasts. Sheard is good. JMJ has been decent. We have a lot of young talent that looks to be better, but almost all of them fit the 4-3 and not the 3-4.

I realize that about Taylor and Haden.

ARI had a teribad offense, but their defense was still 17th in scoring and 12th in yards.

I'm just tired of making excuses. I also feel the switch wouldn't be that bad with the players we have.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
bulldog wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:

I realize that about Taylor and Haden.

ARI had a teribad offense, but their defense was still 17th in scoring and 12th in yards.

I'm just tired of making excuses. I also feel the switch wouldn't be that bad with the players we have.

My biggest concern is learning the scheme and the system and it probably taking 2 years.

Not to mention that the strength of the 3-4 are the LB's and we have 1, maybe 2 that would fit. Gocong would fit, but i'm not gonna count him going forward because like I said, it will probably be 2 years.

The strength of our defense is the dline. Which is the centerpiece of the 4-3.

Changing it doesn't make sense.

I'm fine if they do a hybrid, but running a straight 3-4 is moving backwards.

Plain and simple

Tully305

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys!!!!!! Can't wait to get back to C-Town!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 23 of 26

Jump to: