Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DOLFAN016's 2013 Mock Offseason
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DOLFAN016

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: DOLFAN016's 2013 Mock Offseason Reply with quote

Free Agent Signings:
Greg Jennings, WR, Packers
Michael Johnson, DE, Bengals
Dustin Keller, TE, Jets

Resign:
Sean Smith, CB
Brian Hartline, WR
Reggie Bush, RB

Let walk:
Chris Clemons, FS
Randy Starks, DT
Dan Carpenter, K
Armon Binns, WR
Nolan Carroll, CB
Michael Egnew, TE

1.) Keenan Allen, WR, Cal - This is a guy that is made to play in the WCO. He has exceptional route running and can get the YAC. Many draft scouts compare him to Jordy Nelson...and I think that's going pretty well in Green Bay. I was also thinking about Cordarrelle Patterson here, but I feel like Allen's skillset is made for our offense and Patterson only has one year of D1 experience, although he did fairly well.

2a.) Barrett Jones, OL, Alabama - The great thing about this pick is the guy can play anywhere on the line. He adds depth to every position, but ultimately I think he becomes an OG. He has also played OT in the past and played C this year.

2b.) Phillip Thomas, FS, Fresno State - A 6'1" 215 pound ball-hawking FS that led the NCAA with 8 INT's this year and returned 3 of those for TDs. He's projected in rounds 2-3, so I think we have to grab him if he's still there late in the second. He and Jones could turn into one of the best young safety tandems in the league.

3a.) Cornellius "Tank" Carradine, DE, Florida State - 12 games into the season he was on pace with Bjoern Werner for sacks with 11. He then tore his ACL on Nov. 24 against Florida, ending his season. Had he not gotten injured he would've been a 1st round pick, IMO. I am basing this pick on potential alone and think if he gets healthy he would be a solid addition.

3b.) Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU - This is a BPA pick based on his playmaking ability. A secondary of Smith, Mathieu, Thomas, and Jones is very young and has a ton of potential. Obviously, had he kept his stuff together he would be going a lot higher than this. He also has the ability to be a playmaker on kickoff and punt returns. I would keep Marshall as the starter and bring Mathieu in on nickel situations until he gets back to speed.

4.) Justin Pugh, OT, Syracuse - Can be brought in to compete at either OT position and will be needed if we don't resign Jake Long.

5.)(Trade back for later 5th round pick and additional 7th) Gavin Escobar, TE, San Diego State - Has the size (6'5" 255) to be a redzone threat and catches everything with his hands. He is an athletic TE that would go well with Charles Clay.

7a.) Omoregie Uzzi, OG, Georgia Tech - Playing at GT he has to be mobile enough to run the triple-option offense. He could be a steal if he were to slide this far.

7b.) Marquise Goodwin, WR, Texas - SPEED, SPEED, SPEED! He could end up replacing Bess in a couple years. He's an Olympic sprinter, so you already know that he's fast. He could spend a year or two learning the slot and become very valuable.

7c.) Sean Renfree, QB, Duke - A very smart QB who we could make our 3rd string QB while we groom him to learn our offense. There are lots of QB prospects projected to go late, so take your pick.

I realize that we have a lot of holes that we need to fill, but I think this is at least a start. This offseason will make us younger, but will also give us some experience where we need it the most. The draft and FA signings will be a major make or break for Jeff Ireland this year. We have a ton of cap room and 5 picks within the first 3 rounds along with 9 picks overall (10 in my draft). There are a couple players next year that I think with another offseason under their belt will step up huge next year. Those players are Ryan Tannehill, Rishard Matthews, Jonathan Martin, Charles Clay, and Lamar Miller. If they can all step up in their second year we will see a huge progress and a bright future ahead of us. I have a ton of faith in what Joe Philbin is trying to do...we just need to give him a few years to get everything implemented. Our defense isn't far off at all and I think this mock will make them a consistent Top 10 defense. Our offense needs more guys that fit our "system" and we have a good chance to do that with all of the resources we have to work with. For the first time in a long time I'm looking forward to the draft AND the season that ensues. It looks like we have good things to come very soon...

Last edited by DOLFAN016 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Miami2DaMax

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Favorite Mock thus far. I don't think Allen will slip to us but it's possible.

Playoffs.
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would prefer Mike Wallace over Jennings but Jennings is still good. This is a great Mock with value. I love the Barrett Jones pick in the second. He won 3 national titles at three different positions.

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
DOLFAN016

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
I would prefer Mike Wallace over Jennings but Jennings is still good. This is a great Mock with value. I love the Barrett Jones pick in the second. He won 3 national titles at three different positions.

I was honestly thinking about who we could get over Jennings. Wallace would give us a guy to stretch the field right away while we have Goodwin learning the ropes. At this point, I would just take whoever were cheaper. Jennings is close to 30, but I'm not too sure if Wallace is a "diva" or not. Makes it a tough decision. At any rate, I do NOT want Dwayne Bowe.

1. Jennings/Wallace
2. Allen
3. Hartline (where he should be and will excel)
4. Matthews
5. Moore/Fuller

Slot - Bess/Goodwin
TE - Keller, Clay, Escobar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that is our draft.. seems too good to be true IMO. I get the nagging feeling Jones won't be there.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few things....

1. The 3 pick on look fantastic....I'm not sure if the Phins would take the honey badger as they are trying to remove players from the roster with character issue, but there is no denying that the guy is talented.

2. I don't see any WR in this draft worth a top 15 pick and it would be a reach to grab Allen with the 12th pick. Especially with other needs being there that are BPA.

3. If Barrett Jones fell to the Phins in the second and they don't draft him I will drive to Miami and drag Ireland out of his office and hand him over to a drug cartel....with that said I doubt he makes it out of the first.

4. I see Jennings being the one the Phins sign, but I don't think it is a good move. Wallace brings the top end speed the Phins need....Jennings skill set is not all that different from Hartline....the difference is he had Rodgers throwing to him.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this. Love the first two picks. I really think Miami should draft Barrett Jones. He is versatile enough to play both G positions and C. All around great off season

UniversalAuthor
alant_8

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love Love Love! especially if Jones fell to our second.

On the subject of Jones, if he was there in the second would anyone feel comfortable in trading up to get him? to ensure we had him
DOLFAN016

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alant_8 wrote:
Love Love Love! especially if Jones fell to our second.

On the subject of Jones, if he was there in the second would anyone feel comfortable in trading up to get him? to ensure we had him

That's a good question. One part of me wants as many picks as possible, but the other part of me would love to see another stud on the line to join Pouncey. If we could use our extra third we got from the Bears, then I would do it. Essentially...Brandon Marshall for Barrett Jones. That would make me forget about who we used the other third round pick on last season, for now. Hopefully make the other pick hurt a little less.

Last edited by DOLFAN016 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alant_8 wrote:

Yes. If we filled 3 holes solidly in free agency before the draft, I'd have no qualms trading away one or even two picks in the first three rounds to ensure we get a better college players.
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOLFAN016 wrote:
Jaytotha wrote:

I was honestly thinking about who we could get over Jennings. Wallace would give us a guy to stretch the field right away while we have Goodwin learning the ropes. At this point, I would just take whoever were cheaper. Jennings is close to 30, but I'm not too sure if Wallace is a "diva" or not. Makes it a tough decision. At any rate, I do NOT want Dwayne Bowe.

1. Jennings/Wallace
2. Allen
3. Hartline (where he should be and will excel)
4. Matthews
5. Moore/Fuller

Slot - Bess/Goodwin
TE - Keller, Clay, Escobar

The jury is still out in my opinion with Wallace. The guy looked like he didn't play hard this season at times maybe because he didn't want to get hurt before his payday. Jennings is a guy that I am not sure on. He has Rodgers throwing the ball so can he succeed away from him. I agree I don't want Bowe. I would take him though because he atleast is an upgrade.

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
phins72

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

like everything
only thing that i don't get is why everyone is giving up on egnew? yea he wasn't on the field but no one has seen how he plays besides hardknocks. or did he suck in college too? imo i think everyone should give him a chance.
DOLFAN016

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phins72 wrote:
like everything
only thing that i don't get is why everyone is giving up on egnew? yea he wasn't on the field but no one has seen how he plays besides hardknocks. or did he suck in college too? imo i think everyone should give him a chance.

I'm just basing off of my offseason picking up Keller and Escobar. That and there are few guys in the locker room that have called him out saying he was a female body part and he's not a football player. They would be the ones to know firsthand going against him everyday. I like his receiving ability, but you have to be tough too.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOLFAN016 wrote:
phins72 wrote:
like everything

I'm just basing off of my offseason picking up Keller and Escobar. That and there are few guys in the locker room that have called him out saying he was a female body part and he's not a football player. They would be the ones to know firsthand going against him everyday. I like his receiving ability, but you have to be tough too.

oh i didn't know he wasn't tough yea i can see now why they would get another TE hope offseason does go like this or similar
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOLFAN016 wrote:
phins72 wrote:
like everything

I'd say Give Egnew one mroe year. See if he can develop. If you have Escobar and Keller there is no pressure if he doesn't develop. If he does you hve trade bait and valuable depth at TE

UniversalAuthor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: