Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Possible DC...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank Bush is an interesting target. Influenced significantly by the coaches he played for Jerry Glanville, Buddy Ryan, Greg Robinson, & Clancy Pendergast.

The Buddy Ryan connection is intriguing. I feel like Jeff will interview multiple candidates and want a guy that's excellent with Defensive Line play. Jim Tomsula would be an ideal candidate. But Harbaugh might start a brawl if Jeff started prying.
Wr80

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Wr80 wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
Rob Ryan was just let go, i doubt there is any connection or possibility he is a potential candidate but its worth mentioning regardless.

Rob Ryan is garbage, he lives off the "Ryan" reputation...

Seriously, he hasn't done anything significant to warrant the attention he gets. Don't want his diva attitude anywhere near this team...

You realize when he took over the Cowboys they were the 31st ranked and made them a [inappropriate/removed] ton better. And this year his defense wasn't that awful with 7 missing starters. He isn't garbage, he's a great DC and warrants the attention he gets. He's also hilarious. And for everyone he is 3-4 but prefers running a 4-3. He ran a 4-3 in Oakland.

He's not a great DC in any sense of the word.

Yes, the Cowboys were 31st in 2010 after the team quit on Phillips. But they were #2 in the NFL in 2009. In 2011 with Ryan, they were #16 and then were #24 this year and looked like complete crap.

He's a guy living off his family name. Not a great or even good DC. Never been impressed with his scheming and didn't think he did much of anything special in Dallas.

I'll pass on him. The guy has never done anything special in any DC job he's had.

Going from 31st to 16 in 1 year is impressive and for having 7 starters out still be able to handle the defense well, that's not bad. Still think he is a great DC.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres my update today on what I see going on with the HC search around the league
StLunatic88 wrote:
Bears- Mike McCoy Broncos OC 50%
I originally had McCoy going to Philly, but now that the Eagles are still actively and publicly interviewing HC candidates it makes me think McCoy m ight have a better offer. And the only better offer out there right now is Chicago. They need an offensive guy who can come in and take Cutler & Co to the next level. I had Carmichael as the guy they though could, but thats only because I thougtht Emery would fall for it. Hottest Coordinator fits with the most appealing job.

Bills- Doug Marrone* Syracuse HC Hired

Browns- Ken Whisenhunt Cardinals HC 40%
Thought Greg Roman would be a great fit, but then the Browns didnt get Gamble. SO now they are scrambling for both a GM & a HC still. They are supposedly giving Whiz a 2nd interview today, and for some reason they are passing up Mike Zimmer for a guy who hung onto his job in Arizona only due to Kurt Warner having an amazing twilight run. Thought the Browns could start heading in the right direction, unfortunately looks like they could be setting themselves back once again.

Cardinals- Ray Horton Cardinals DC 60%
Promoting from within for the GM spot lends more evidence that they will do the same for HC. Only thing standing in the way is Todd Haley, dont know why they would want to go back to that well though.

Chargers- Bruce Arians Colts OC 75%
They inked Tom Telesco as the new GM, his Indy days and familiarity with Ariens just makes sense at this point, especially since that move should allow them to retain the other Pagano as DC.

Chiefs- Andy Reid* Eagles HC Hired

Eagles- Gus Bradley Seahawks DC 35%
Philly seems to be enamored with trying to get this New, Hot, Big name HC. They are now chasing Brian Kelly...Just go get a real NFL HC, and if they end up with Bradley, fans should be elated. He is the right hire, but might not be the eventual one.

Jaguars- Greg Roman 49ers OC 80%
This was the pairing I had going to Cleveland, but now that Jacksonville picked up Gamble, Hi bringing Roman along seems likely. Not sure Schotty is a real candidate, I wouldnt really worry about losing him.

Doesnt only impact out Lovie Smith hopes, but now also the future of our OC is in some level of question depending on who you believe.
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
Doesnt only impact out Lovie Smith hopes, but now also the future of our OC is in some level of question depending on who you believe

Heard about him interviewing with the Jags today for their HC vacancy. Really hope Schotty stays put. I absolutely do not want to see not only Bradford, but this entire offense go through another change...

TommyC376 on the sig...
LGB-Let's Go Blues!!!
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
Doesnt only impact out Lovie Smith hopes, but now also the future of our OC is in some level of question depending on who you believe

Heard about him interviewing with the Jags today for their HC vacancy. Really hope Schotty stays put. I absolutely do not want to see not only Bradford, but this entire offense go through another change...
Fisher has said, no matter what could happen with Schotty, the Offense would not be changing
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:

Fisher has said, no matter what could happen with Schotty, the Offense would not be changing

Yah, I've heard that too. I think from an X's/O's standpoint it will remain the same. I'm talking just along the lines of familiarity and approach. It'd just be nice to have the same people behind the product in place for a full off-season and on...

TommyC376 on the sig...
LGB-Let's Go Blues!!!
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
I didnt want to start a thread for this so i figured id put it here...

Schotty is a candidate to get the Jags HC spot. I wouldnt mind seeing a different OC in here because im not the biggest fan but it would suck for Sammy to get yet another playbook.

I imagine that if it weren't for his namesake, he wouldn't even be a candidate for a HC job. What has he accomplished in his last two jobs?

It would definitely suck for Bradford to have to learn a new playbook. That could be a good reason to promote someone from within in the event of Shotty's departure.

When the hell is Marshall Faulk going to get out of the booth and onto our sideline?

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
I imagine that if it weren't for his namesake, he wouldn't even be a candidate for a HC job. What has he accomplished in his last two jobs?
The things he was able to accomplish with Mark Sanchez are actually pretty impressive. The League knows how much of a sub par QB Mark was, and making him look more than competent & helping them to back-to-back AFC Champ games. He deserves more credit than youre giving.

Quote:
It would definitely suck for Bradford to have to learn a new playbook. That could be a good reason to promote someone from within in the event of Shotty's departure.
Whats worse, having Sam learn a new playbook of a real OC or having an OC that shouldnt really be but he is familiar?

Quote:
When the hell is Marshall Faulk going to get out of the booth and onto our sideline?
Never. Marshall doesnt want to be a coach, never expressed interest in that. In his mind he could be a GM or Front Office exec, but thats another pipe dream of his. And why would he leave one of the cushiest jobs in the world?
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
The things he was able to accomplish with Mark Sanchez are actually pretty impressive. The League knows how much of a sub par QB Mark was, and making him look more than competent & helping them to back-to-back AFC Champ games. He deserves more credit than youre giving.

Quote:
Whats worse, having Sam learn a new playbook of a real OC or having an OC that shouldnt really be but he is familiar?

Quote:
Never. Marshall doesnt want to be a coach, never expressed interest in that. In his mind he could be a GM or Front Office exec, but thats another pipe dream of his. And why would he leave one of the cushiest jobs in the world?

The Faulk thing is a pipe dream, but it is one I am not going to let go of.

I'm not sure what would be a worse situation for Bradford. This next season is the beginning of when our front office should be critically evaluating his play, and deciding which direction to go at QB. I think it would be most fair to Sam if the coaching staff remained the same. I also think that will ultimately be the case.

I've never believed Sanchez was franchise QB, and I see you're point that Shotty got decent production from him. However, his offense in New York was the weak link of that team, and was routinely inept in big moments.

StLunatic88

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
I've never believed Sanchez was franchise QB, and I see you're point that Shotty got decent production from him. However, his offense in New York was the weak link of that team, and was routinely inept in big moments.
Again, was his offense at fault or was it because he had an almost completely inept trigger man?
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
Again, was his offense at fault or was it because he had an almost completely inept trigger man?

It always falls on the QB, although Jets fans notoriously blame Shooty's play calling. I always though that stemmed from their inability to accept that their franchise QB was playing like a goat so, who knows. A lot of variables there.

chris00cm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Rod Marinelli is going to quit his coordinator job with the Bears.

Most wanted Lovie Smith, who will not be accepting a coordinator job according to reports. How does Marinelli sound to you guys?

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:

Most wanted Lovie Smith, who will not be accepting a coordinator job according to reports. How does Marinelli sound to you guys?

I would love it. Im guessing the rob ryan deal fell through or wasnt completely accurate?

1. Jadeveon Clowney
2. Greg Robinson
3. Mike Evans
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
chris00cm wrote:

I would love it. Im guessing the rob ryan deal fell through or wasnt completely accurate?

He (Ryan) has been on vacation from what I've heard...

Marinelli would be a tremendous upgrade to Ryan...

TommyC376 on the sig...
LGB-Let's Go Blues!!!
chris00cm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Im pretty sure Ryan has this job on lock. Just have to wait for him to finish his trip.

Marinelli looks to be heading to Dallas for their d-line coach to reunite with Monte Kiffin.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: