Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steelers cut RB Chris Rainey after his arrest
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WesWelker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:
Also not sure why everyone says "except with their QB"

They were in the midst of trading Ben. Trading options were pulled when he wasn't found guilty of anything.
this is true, but people don't want to hear it because when he was only "accused" in the court of public opinion people has made up their minds.

Well if that is the case Ray Lewis is a murderer... Laughing

What ever happened to innocent till proven guilty in this country Shocked

He is....there's a reason why the family of the victim received a hefty sum from him.,,
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
I was really rooting for Rainey, but he's easily replaceable.

Hope he learns from his mistakes. This one cost him his job.
my guess is they do what they did with Ta'amu, give him one more chance on a cheaper minimum one year contract and being him into camp. They'll have to really earn their spots this year.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WesWelker wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:
Also not sure why everyone says "except with their QB"

They were in the midst of trading Ben. Trading options were pulled when he wasn't found guilty of anything.
this is true, but people don't want to hear it because when he was only "accused" in the court of public opinion people has made up their minds.

Well if that is the case Ray Lewis is a murderer... Laughing

What ever happened to innocent till proven guilty in this country Shocked

He is....there's a reason why the family of the victim received a hefty sum from him.,,
you got no arguments coming from me but I'm sure ravens fans would disagree. Some of my best friends who are ravens fans certainly do

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The topic is Rainey.

Not Ben, or Ray Lewis.

Lets get back on topic!

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DA dropped the charges against Ray and the guys he went after got off on self defense. It was a huge embarrassment for the DA. It's basically a fact that Ray didn't kill those guys and anyone saying otherwise is either ignorant of the situation or just hateful.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

my guess is they do what they did with Ta'amu, give him one more chance on a cheaper minimum one year contract and being him into camp. They'll have to really earn their spots this year.

They already gave Rainey a chance and he blew it by having another incident. They aren't going to bring him back and they shouldn't.

^^The only QB in history with 6 TD passes in B2B games plus two 500 yard games. Props to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig!
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
DA dropped the charges against Ray and the guys he went after got off on self defense. It was a huge embarrassment for the DA. It's basically a fact that Ray didn't kill those guys and anyone saying otherwise is either ignorant of the situation or just hateful.

JDLefebvre wrote:
The topic is Rainey.

Not Ben, or Ray Lewis.

Lets get back on topic!

I know you are only responding to others but its time to move on.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
The Curtain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is Chris Rainey that he deserves another chance? He sounds like a clown off the field, and he does nothing on the field. Shouldn't even be an argument about keeping him.
BenchSanchez

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Curtain wrote:
Who is Chris Rainey that he deserves another chance? He sounds like a clown off the field, and he does nothing on the field. Shouldn't even be an argument about keeping him.

Well when your entire RB core is injured you need someone. Laughing

New York Jets Rutgers Scarlet Knights Brooklyn Nets New York Mets
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenchSanchez wrote:
The Curtain wrote:

Well when your entire RB core is injured you need someone. Laughing

they rotate being injured! Wink

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could make jokes about how they are so strict on guys like Rainey, but then let guys like Harrison and Big Ben do whatever they please, but it's just the sad nature of sports - superstars get treated as superstars, and others don't.

Suck for Rainey, but with what I've been reading he sounds like he doesn't have any respect for women and is just straight up stupid and violent. I give kudos to the steelers for releasing him without any hesitation for something like this.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

They already gave Rainey a chance and he blew it by having another incident. They aren't going to bring him back and they shouldn't.
what was the other incident?

Rygar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
They'll have to really earn their spots this year.

You're giving the Steelers coaching staff too much credit. Steve McLendon made plays all pre-season, and still more plays during the regular season when he saw the field, but Casey Hampton started all 16 games and played most of the snaps anyway. This has been my one gripe with - LeBeau: tenure seems to matter more than merit when it comes to the starting lineup. This is evident when Keenan Lewis has his breakout season just in time to become a free agent. And if it takes that damn long to learn his system, then maybe he needs to simplify it. As for the offense, Ben Roethlisberger and Heath Miller are the only ones who have earned anything more than scorn.

By the way, I'm becoming skeptical of Mike Tomlin's ability to judge people's character, because Bill Cowher's teams were never as dumb or entitled as some of Tomlin's teams have already been. Cowher did a much better job keeping egos in check and hammering down the tallest nails. Meanwhile, there are so many tall nails on the team now that it's hard to decide which one to hammer down first. Quite frankly, they shouldn't stop with Chris Rainey. They should cut Alameda Ta'amu while they're at it, and they shouldn't even bother offering new contracts to Rashard Mendenhall or Mike Wallace. The Steelers can finish 8-8 without all those punks and morons.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rygar wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
They'll have to really earn their spots this year.

You're giving the Steelers coaching staff too much credit. Steve McLendon made plays all pre-season, and still more plays during the regular season when he saw the field, but Casey Hampton started all 16 games and played most of the snaps anyway. This has been my one gripe with - LeBeau: tenure seems to matter more than merit when it comes to the starting lineup. This is evident when Keenan Lewis has his breakout season just in time to become a free agent. And if it takes that damn long to learn his system, then maybe he needs to simplify it. As for the offense, Ben Roethlisberger and Heath Miller are the only ones who have earned anything more than scorn.
Casey Hampton stuffs the middle of the defense like no other, that's the plays he makes. He's not going to be making a lot of tfl's or sacks, he's a run stuffer. McLendon is more agile but he isn't as good vs the run.

Quote:
By the way, I'm becoming skeptical of Mike Tomlin's ability to judge people's character, because Bill Cowher's teams were never as dumb or entitled as some of Tomlin's teams have already been. Cowher did a much better job keeping egos in check and hammering down the tallest nails. Meanwhile, there are so many tall nails on the team now that it's hard to decide which one to hammer down first. Quite frankly, they shouldn't stop with Chris Rainey. They should cut Alameda Ta'amu while they're at it, and they shouldn't even bother offering new contracts to Rashard Mendenhall or Mike Wallace. The Steelers can finish 8-8 without all these punks and morons.
is Mike Tomlin the only person who makes personnel decisions?

I thought they had a general manager...

I think you won't see Mendenhall nor Wallace on the team next year and again Tomlin wasn't the only person responsible for drafting these 4.

I seem to remember Bam Morris having a lot of off the field issues, but I could be wrong...

ErnestoGuevara

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20130111/ARTICLES/130119924

Quote:
The alleged victim in the domestic violence episode involving former University of Florida athlete Christopher Rainey says there was no crime and she wants the state of Florida to drop the charges, Rainey's attorney says.

Wow, what is going on...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: