Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

HC Speculation Thread (VOL. IV)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: HC Speculation Thread (VOL. IV) Reply with quote

Bears sign Trestman.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least, according to Jimmy Johnson
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-johnson-says-bears-hiring-trestman-20130111,0,7941124.story

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a false report, Emery still has 4 interviews scheduled this weekend, including Rick Dennison today, none of which have been cancelled. Not to say Trestman won't eventually be the guy, but it doesn't jive w/ the process Emery described. Emery has told all the candidates after the intial interviews are done he will bring back 2 or 3 finalists for a 2nd interview w/ Team President Ted Philips, and CEO George McCaskey.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Phire

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Jimmy Johnson just fired a bullet into his reporting career foot Laughing

RainbowCarebear wrote:
birdman0069

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, Lovie is on a plane to San Diego and Norv is going to be O-Coordinator in
Cleveland. Nice hire for Cleveland. I believe his style of offense is suited to bringing out the best in very average QB's.

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
PhiCelek87

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most (confirmed and unconfirmed) hires are helpful to the Eagles...

Chudzinski, whether a good candidate or not, was not on the radar here. Trestman was apparently the same...

This leaves the Eagles with a full range of possibilities at this point - which is good. Still hoping they take a look at Zimmer, but other then that, I think they're doing the process right. Patience is a good thing in this situation.
oland11

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So
McCoy
B Kelly
Zimmers
Bradley
L Smith
Who else?
birdman0069

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhiCelek87 wrote:

Chudzinski, whether a good candidate or not, was not on the radar here. Trestman was apparently the same...

This leaves the Eagles with a full range of possibilities at this point - which is good. Still hoping they take a look at Zimmer, but other then that, I think they're doing the process right. Patience is a good thing in this situation.

Not necessarily. Identify your guy, make him an offer and move on. There is no perfect candidate for this job. No one is going to come in and push this team over the top. They are going to have to build from the ground up. That starts with identifying the players and coaches currently on the staff that fit into what your vision of the future is. The next Head Coach may want a big bruising back and wants to trade McCoy. We just don't know.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
PhiCelek87

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
So
McCoy
B Kelly
Zimmers
Bradley
L Smith
Who else?

Zimmer hasn't been interviewed yet, may just be a pipedream...

In addition to your list, Arians, Jay Gruden, Armstrong, Nolan have been or will be interviewed...

Zimmer, Whisenhunt, Horton, Fangio, Roman, McAdoo, Clements, Dennison are other potential candidates that have not been interviewed as of now... I'm sure there's more...
PhiCelek87

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman0069 wrote:
PhiCelek87 wrote:

Not necessarily. Identify your guy, make him an offer and move on. There is no perfect candidate for this job. No one is going to come in and push this team over the top. They are going to have to build from the ground up. That starts with identifying the players and coaches currently on the staff that fit into what your vision of the future is. The next Head Coach may want a big bruising back and wants to trade McCoy. We just don't know.

It's easier to identify "your guy" when you're picking from a larger lot rather than just approaching one coach and making him an offer...

Especially when the guys they identified Chip, O'Brien and Marrone all went in other directions... Had to restart the process over...
birdman0069

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bull, eventually you have to make one guy an offer. This isn't something that just started. This is something that Howie and Jeffery started back around the beginning of November. Do you honestly think Lurie waited until the last game was over to sit down and say, " who's on our short list?" They had all their guys ranked before December rolled around. The problem is the politics. You can't offer the guy a job if you think he is going to turn it down.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
PhiCelek87

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman0069 wrote:
Bull, eventually you have to make one guy an offer. This isn't something that just started. This is something that Howie and Jeffery started back around the beginning of November. Do you honestly think Lurie waited until the last game was over to sit down and say, " who's on our short list?" They had all their guys ranked before December rolled around. The problem is the politics. You can't offer the guy a job if you think he is going to turn it down.

It's only January 10th - a rushed hire is not always a good hire - the lack of Zimmer interview aside, I am okay with this process.

They used your process - it didn't work, they got shot down (Chip, O'Brien) or weren't quick enough out of the gate (Marrone). So now they're casting a wide net, the more people you bring in the more likely you are to find the "right guy".
TRUTH

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman0069 wrote:
Cleveland. Nice hire for Cleveland. I believe his style of offense is suited to bringing out the best in very average QB's.

Agreed, power running game and vertical passing is what suits the Browns IMO. And I am impressed with Josh Gordon at WR, I think he can be great.

They already seem built or Norvs style, the outside receivers are both 6'3" they have a running back you can feed 25 times a game, strong armed QB and a vertical threat TE. They could have a winning record.

I think the most important hire for them is retaining Jauron. He had that defense playing at a high level all year without any superstars (joe Haden missed most of the year).
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2013/1/11/3864474/eagles-coaching-rumors-jon-gruden-is-the-most-obvious-guy-out-there
Quote:
Yesterday, NFL Network's Mike Mayock was on Brian Baldinger's show on 97.5 The Fanatic:
"I would probably be inclined to agree with my buddy D!ck Vermeil," said Mayock. "I think you load up the truck, and you get in it with a bunch of money and you drive down and find Jon Gruden at the fired football coaches association of America."
Quote:
Brian Baldinger jumped in to say he agreed.
"Thank you. I've been saying this for 2 weeks now. Stop the search! I realize that this is probably a necessary process, but there's a guy out there that has the proven track record that everybody wants. And I don't think you can underscore this. He's sat in this production meetings and picked the brains of the best coaches and coordinators and all of the innovative ideas... and he's figuring all the trends, all his weaknesses and how to incorporate these things. I don't think there's anyone more ready to jump back in than Jon."
There's more quotes from Mayock about Chucky in the link.

So as for going on the record about Jon Gruden as the best choice for the Eagles, the list now includes Jaws, Vermeil, Mayock and Baldy.
nlesthought

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRUTH wrote:
birdman0069 wrote:

Agreed, power running game and vertical passing is what suits the Browns IMO. And I am impressed with Josh Gordon at WR, I think he can be great.

They already seem built or Norvs style, the outside receivers are both 6'3" they have a running back you can feed 25 times a game, strong armed QB and a vertical threat TE. They could have a winning record.

I think the most important hire for them is retaining Jauron. He had that defense playing at a high level all year without any superstars (joe Haden missed most of the year).

Exactly why I want Richard...especially if we're going with an offensive minded HC.

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74  Next
Page 1 of 74

Jump to: