Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills picking 8th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
jsnydes wrote:
Geno Smith looks like the only 1st rd talent at quarterback IMO. I think Tyler Bray and Nassib are the next 2. In that order Geno, Bray, Nassib.
No Tyler Wilson? Or even Matt Barkley?

Wilson has all the tools to be a great QB.

Also, Barkley had a "down" year, but he still played pretty well.

Yeah I wouldn't be mad about taking Wilson or Barkley in the 1st. I'd want them in the later 1st, but I'd still be ok with taking them.

I'd much rather have Wilson, but him or yes, Barkley would be more than okay with me. We need LB'er help but we're not going anywhere without a QB.
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swolfdab wrote:
I'll go ahead and throw a name out there... Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State.

If you've never seen any of his film, I suggest you start doing your homework. This kid is going to be something special. In my eyes, he is the most talented DB in this class and maybe in any class in the past 10 years, he's that good.

He is very similar to Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie when he came out in 2008, but better, believe it or not. I am all in on Banks and would be completely ecstatic if we grabbed him at the 8 spot. Everybody seems to be on the Dee Milliner bandwagon, but don't forget about Johnthan Banks.

I think a lot of us like Banks (see the big board thread), but I think, most of us at least, have him rated behind Milliner. I haven't looked, but I think I had him in the 6 or 7 spot on my top 8 (others have him in there as well).
BBF droppin cold hard facts up in hurr
BrettFavre4

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I notice a lot of Jarvis Jones talk and while I not only think he'll be gone before #8, health problem aside, a friend who plays college ball and has played against Jones before seems to feel he's kind of overrated and has some evident flaws. Not that that means a lot, but it's something I'm keeping in the back of my head.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno Smith
Jarvis Jones
Manti Te'0
Dee Milliner
Damontre Moore
Jonathon Banks
Bjoern Werner
Tyler Wilson

There's my big board for out pick
cdavls17

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barkley's arm strength is weak if you thought Fitzpatrick couldnt throw in buffalo with that wind thats what barkley would look like to. As for wilson he could be great but he needs alot of work and to draft someone in the top 10 they need to be starters from day 1. I would rather go defense and figure out a player in the 2nd or 3rd round.

As for jarvis jones I think he could easily be there at 8 but its a guessing game now and who knows who will fall or rise its to early to tell.

Thanks Max
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't know where to put this...

OK, Te'o fans...I've already had a chance to digest this and will be refraining from putting any theories out there as it really serves no purpose. However, I will say that I hope Manti is emotionally/psychologically OK, but I'm not exactly too keen on bringing him in anymore.

http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-teos-dead-girlfriend-the-most-heartbreaking-and-inspirational-story-of-the-college-football-season-is-a-hoax

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been preaching this all over ... Deadspin is not a credible source. Until a real news site picks this up its all a hoax.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
I've been preaching this all over ... Deadspin is not a credible source. Until a real news site picks this up its all a hoax.

ND is saying Te'o was a victim. However, Te'o himself made claims that he met the girl after a game! Time will tell... So far Snopes hasn't weighed in on this and they are really good about sorting through this sort of trash. We'll see. If he was really in on it, it's concerning.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:

ND is saying Te'o was a victim. However, Te'o himself made claims that he met the girl after a game! Time will tell... So far Snopes hasn't weighed in on this and they are really good about sorting through this sort of trash. We'll see. If he was really in on it, it's concerning.
ESPN reported that Te'o had an online relationship, he felt that it was authentic and was in love with this said girl. If people dont think you can find or fall in love over the internet. Watch Catfish: The TV Show on mTV.

God this is sick ... If Te'o is a victim I feel absolutely awful for him.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:

I'm probably the biggest Manti Te'o fan on FF. I've followed him since I first heard he de-committed from USC and signed with ND. My Grandfather (who went to school at ND, and passed away a little over 3 years ago) and I used to talk about how good Manti was going to be. I've sung his praises for years. I've invested a lot (emotionally) into him. I know that might sound stupid, but it was one of the things my Grandfather and I spent a lot of time talking about. Those times really mean a lot to me, and Manti Te'o, in turn, has also always meant a lot to me.

All that being said, I really hope this is just deadspin being deadspin. Trying to create a story, and bring attention to themselves.

If ND's statement is true, someone at Stanford met him, led him to believe that her name was Lennay Kekua, became close to him, kept in touch with him over the phone and social media (maybe even spending time together), led him to believe that she had gotten Leukemia, and ultimately died. All the while telling him that if something were to happen to him, that he should not miss any football, and honor her in the way he played. Not all that far fetched I suppose, seeing that he was in Indiana and she was in California. The fact that his family had never met her wouldn't be all that hard to believe either, as they were all in Hawaii.

If deadspin is correct, this was all a big hoax for Te'o to apparently get more national attention. There is a lot in the report that supports their claim too. They definitely did their research, and dug pretty deep. Did they want to defile Manti's name? Maybe. I don't know. There are a lot of people that hate ND, and everything involved with ND, so that's a possibility. Did they want to get the truth (if it is in fact the truth) out there? Possibly. It would make sense for a "news" source such as deadspin to want to get this out there, to raise their standing among news sources.

I will say this -

If this is a hoax, and Manti Te'o was involved, I want nothing to do with him on the Bills. Will he still be a great LB? For sure. But if he did involve himself in something like this, it will completely undermine the image I, and many others, have had of him for quite some time, and I will lose all respect for him as a human being. Pulling something like that to raise your national awareness (which he didn't need to do) is absolutely atrocious.

If this was a hoax played on Manti Te'o by some girl here in California, to apparently hurt him for some reason, I hope she does get Leukemia, dies from it, and rots in Hell.
BBF droppin cold hard facts up in hurr
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's true, I'm pretty confident it was just to hide something else from being outed.

Which if that's the case. It's STILL scummy, but at least I can understand it.

Just like everything else though, I'm going to wait until it's corroborated and sourced and thoroughly investigated. The next couple weeks are going to be telling.
BillSabre

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
If it's true, I'm pretty confident it was just to hide something else from being outed.

Just like everything else though, I'm going to wait until it's corroborated and sourced and thoroughly investigated. The next couple weeks are going to be telling.

I was thinking this too.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Who got that sack? Cameron Jordan? Jordan Cameron? Michael Jordan? Cam Cameron? IM SO CONFUSED!
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillSabre wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

I was thinking this too.

Admittedly, so was I. Again, I hope he is OK.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trouble is, if they DO draft him, his fake girlfriend may not want to move to Buffalo.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2013/01/16/lennay-kekua-manti-teos-fake-dead-girlfriend-was-real-says-arizona-cardinals-fullback-reagan-mauia-who-claims-to-have-met-her/

It gets weirder and weirder.

And will most likely only get weirder still.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: