Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chicago Bears hire Marc Trestman

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sr7252

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Chicago Bears hire Marc Trestman Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/JimmyJohnson/status/289682514564497410

Not much to argue in my opinion(sorry if I jumped the gun but I doubt it), Jimmy Johnson wouldn't just say this cause he's Jimmy Johnson.

Hopefully it's the right hire, I'm excited.
UtahBear

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hopefully it's the right hire, I'm excited.

If it comes out as fact, then I'm +1.
Sr7252

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol man I'm excited for him as the hire, his past is just great. I've said it before, I've looked at the resume of guys like Belicheck & Payton and crazy as it sounds it reminds me of Trestman.

Would help though if he seemed less creepy.
Sr7252

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only thing I worry about is if our Defense will have a good DC.

I fear that Rod won't stick with Trestman sadly. Trestman is however a former DB.
UtahBear

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marinelli may stay, he has a good thing going in Chicago and he is very passionate about his players. I think Trestman and him are familiar with each other and may try to work it for at least this first year..... I've been wrong before though.
Sr7252

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UtahBear wrote:
Marinelli may stay, he has a good thing going in Chicago and he is very passionate about his players. I think Trestman and him are familiar with each other and may try to work it for at least this first year..... I've been wrong before though.

I agree, Chicago is the safe bet & he'd be smart to stick to a Defensive roster that he's knowledgeable of.

But if Lovie gets hired he can potentially talk Rod into leaving, which sucks big time.
#22dabears

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sr7252 wrote:
UtahBear wrote:

I agree, Chicago is the safe bet & he'd be smart to stick to a Defensive roster that he's knowledgeable of.

But if Lovie gets hired he can potentially talk Rod into leaving, which sucks big time.

Both are very cerebral and passionate guys at the same time, though it doesn't show as much with Trestman. They'll go along just fine once they sit down together. Trust me

sig by chisoxguy7
Sr7252

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#22dabears wrote:
Sr7252 wrote:
UtahBear wrote:

Both are very cerebral and passionate guys at the same time, though it doesn't show as much with Trestman. They'll go along just fine once they sit down together. Trust me

I see you're from Montreal, u must be real excited about this lol.

Anyways, am I the only 1 who somewhat feels a bit like Clements may just be the better choice? He is after all the guy who coached both Flynn & Rodgers their whole career. Can he be made OC?
Pinky

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...in a nutshell, who is this guy and why's everyone so high on him?
#22dabears

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sr7252 wrote:
#22dabears wrote:
Sr7252 wrote:
UtahBear wrote:

I see you're from Montreal, u must be real excited about this lol.

Anyways, am I the only 1 who somewhat feels a bit like Clements may just be the better choice? He is after all the guy who coached both Flynn & Rodgers their whole career. Can he be made OC?

I don't see what Clements would gain honestly and I'm not sure Packers would grant him the possibility as an OC. For a Head Coach job they would have to, but not to be OC... and certainly not in Chicago. Besides, in Montreal, Trestman did all the play-calling. I don't know if that will be the case in Chicago, but Clements would be in the same position he is with McCarthy. I just don't see the added in incentive for him, even if he could.

And yes, I'm definitely pumped up about Trestman being named head coach (if validated) having seen his work from up close. There is very little doubt in my mind that he is the right man for the job. Cheers

sig by chisoxguy7
Sr7252

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? Nice, but he needs a good QB coach & personally I don't think Bates is it. CHEERS
Slaymont Harris

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can see is that Jimmy Johnson tweeted that it "looks like" Trestman will get the job. That's hardly legitimate confirmation that he was hired.

Also, Emery still has three interviews scheduled. Why wouldn't he go through with those and then decide?

Last edited by Slaymont Harris on Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Sr7252

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slaymont Harris wrote:
All I can see is that Jimmy Johnson tweeted that it "looks like" Trestman will get the job. That's hardly legitimate confirmation that he was hired.

https://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/289717339832844289 (via Billy Spikes)
malak1

All aboard the Trestman bandwagon! I want a seat up front.
GRRLacher

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

FF Fanatic

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=510410

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: