Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lurie out, Alex in Mock!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlexM23

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:40 am    Post subject: Lurie out, Alex in Mock! Reply with quote

Ya boy AlexM23 wins the lotto and decides to buy the Eagles off of Jeffery Lurie and turn this organisation around. So this is pretty much how the off-season would go down if I was calling the shots.

Front Office

Howie Roseman stays as GM - I was very impressed by his interview the other day, especially the part where he said we want "players who bleed green". He's obviously done a good job with contracts and the salary cap and if the 2012 draft is anything to go by his philosophy of BPA will put us in good stead for the future.

Green Bay Packers' Director of Research and Development Mike Eayrs is hired as the Director of Player Personnel

Thought I'd throw this in here because it's a somewhat interesting idea. He is well in tune with the statistical aspect of football and after serving under one of the best GMs from around the league in Ted Thompson for a number of years I think he would be a great addition to our front office and offer some good insight to help with our off-season decisions.

Coaching Staff

Head Coach: Mike McCoy

With Chip getting his attention and officially going back to Oregon, Mike McCoy heads my list of head coaching candidates. He's worked in the NFL for a number of years now, as a QB coach with the Panthers, he even made Jake Delomme look like good QB!

Working in Denver as Fox's OC for the past few seasons he was able to find success on offence with Tebow as QB as well as Manning. It's pretty clear for the last couple of years that McCoy knows how to best use the talent he's got on offence which is a great quality to have as a head coach.

Offensive Coordinator: Eric Studesville

Follows McCoy across from Denver.

Defensive Coordinator: Rod Marinelli

Still the DC for the Bears currently, but it's more fun to assume with Lovie gone Marinelli goes too. Clearly he wasn't much of a head coach (0-16) but in the past few seasons he has kept the Bears D as one of best and most physical defences in the league. While Mike McCoy might want to bring someone across from Denver who he has connections with I feel that Marinelli would be a better option for this team because of his experience as a DC, coupled with McCoy's lack of experience on the defensive side of the ball.

Re-Signings

LB Akeem Jordan - 1.5m / 2 Years

Gives us decent cheap depth at linebacker and a good contributor on special teams.

S Colt Anderson - 600k / 1 Year

Admittedly Colt has proved me wrong recently, he's been pretty impressive (compared to the other safeties this season) and is a special teams stud.

LS Jon Dorenbos - 1.8m / 2 Years

Don't fix what isn't broken.

Let Walk

OT King Dunlap
OG Jake Scott
DE Darryl Tapp
CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

Cut

QB Michael Vick (+17.9)
TE Clay Harbor (+.63)
OT Demetress Bell (+9.5)
OC Dallas Reynols (+.48)
DT Mike Patterson (+4.1)
DT Cullen Jenkins (+5.5)
CB Nnamdi Asomugha (+11.3)
LB Casey Matthews (+.25)
S Kurt Coleman (+.63)

Free Agency

LB Paul Kruger - 18m / 4 Years

Mychal Kendricks will be moving to what seems to be a more natural fit on the weakside, with that move made Kruger will complete our LB trio and provides a big, strong SAM backer who can play against the run very well. The Ravens drafted Upshaw last year, which could mean they parts ways with Kruger who we pay well to come to Philly. Given his ability to get after the QB, which we've seen this season he'll add extra value to our defence as someone who can be used on the blitz a fair bit from LB as well.

OL Evan Dietrich-Smith - 10m / 3 Years

Provides our line with much needed depth at both guard and centre, given his play recently for the Packers he may even challenge Kelce for the centre position who will be returning from an ACL injury.

CB Brent Grimes - 3m / 1 Year

Injuries aside Grimes is a very solid CB and after moving on from both Nnamdi and Rodgers-Cromartie it'll be important to bring some sort of veteran help at the position so we're not just left with inexperienced starters.

DT Corey Williams - 5m / 2 Years

Big body who can play along side Cox at NT.

FB Owen Schmitt - 1.4m / 2 Years

Schmitt is back! This crazy mofo always played hard for us and provides us a tough lead-blocker as well as a decent option catching the ball out of the backfield.

S Chris Crocker - 800k / 1 Year

Our safety position is starved of experience with Nate Allen and Kurt Coleman the veteran players at the position going into this season. Crocker comes in to provide a much needed veteran presence as well as a handy stop gap player at SS.

WR Brandon Stokley - 800k / 1 Year

Comes across with McCoy, giving us a decent receiver, good depth and a veteran mentor for some of our younger receivers.

H-Back Chris Gronkowski - 1.4m / 2 Years

Gronks brother! Can play FB or TE

Trades

The Philadelphia Eagles trade WR DeSean Jackson to the Miami Dolphins for a 2nd Round Draft Pick

I think it's pretty safe to say that a receiver duo of Jackson and Maclin is not the long term answer for a team who wants to win play-off games. Deciding which one of the two to trade was based around the idea about wanting players who bleed green, after quitting on the team last year for a different kind of green ($$$), DeSean showed that he's not the kind of guy you want on your team. That along with the fact Nick Foles seems to like Maclin as a target, it would be wise to keep him over Jackson. After trading away Brandon Marshall before the season Miami could use a WR for Tanny who can stretch the field and keep opposing safeties play deep like Jackson.

I'm not sure of the cap implications from this move but given all the cuts this might help us get to the floor which is set to come into play next season.

The Philadelphia Eagles trade S Nate Allen to the Cleveland Browns for a 5th Round Draft Pick

I WAS a supporter of Nate this season until his soft play became a week in week out thing, pretty disappointing considering the flashes he showed us last season. He's still young and can improve so he'll have some value for a team who needs a safety.

Draft

1. Kansas City Chiefs: Geno Smith - QB - West Virginia
2. Jacksonville Jaguars: Star Lotulelei - DT - Utah
3. Oakland Raiders: Damontre Moore - DE - Texas A&M

Round 1, Pick 4 - the Philadelphia Eagles select:

Luke Joeckel - OT - Texas A&M
Height: 6-6. Weight: 310.

At 4 my ideal situation would be us trading down but with how the draft order has panned out I had a hard time finding another team who would realistically be willing to trade up with us. With us being stuck at pick four in this scenario with Star and Moore off the board, the more I think about this, the more I feel Joeckel is the 'right' pick here.

Jason Peters will be back next season but it's an Achilles injury he suffered and he will be 31 by the start of the season so there's no guarantee we are getting the same Peters as before. Todd Herramans is 30 and is better suited to playing guard. Behind those two we've only got Dennis Kelly who's a question mark at this point. As you can see we're looking pretty thin at OT going forward, while a "franchise LT" isn't the be all and end all having two tackles and 5 lineman as a unit who can hold their own is very important and moving forward we aren't going to have that unless we look to the draft.

While I don't think Joeckel is streaks above the rest of the OTs, he can still start from day one and help improve our pass protection to give Foles the best chance to succeed. Even in the 2011-2012 season where our run blocking was great, the line still struggled in pass-pro and is clearly still an area we really need to fix after what we saw this season too.

Round 2, Pick 3 - the Philadelphia Eagles select:

DeAndre Hopkins - WR - Clemson
Height: 6-1. Weight: 200.

I'm a really big fan of his and think he can make an immediate impact as a rookie in the NFL. Even if he's listed as 6'1 when you watch him he seems much taller than that. Hopkins has the ability to go up and get the ball when it's in the air, something our receivers generally don't do and is great after the catch as well.

Round 2, Pick 11 (via MIA) - the Philadelphia Eagles select:

TJ McDonald - S - USC
Height: 6-2. Weight: 205.

It sucks watch defences like the 9ers and Seahawks with their huge, hard hitting safeties then going back to what we had at safety. I'm looking to build a much more physical team going forward so for the defence it's imperative that we that a hard hitting safety who strikes fear into opposing players mind. McDonald is not purely an in the box safety, he's got good range and is someone who has pretty good hands for a safety too.

Round 3, Pick 5 - the Philadelphia Eagles select:

Jessie Williams - DT - Alabama
Height: 6-4. Weight: 320.

He could go much higher than this with NTs in such high demand but it's my mock and there's still a long way to go yet so deal with it. Williams is a big islander aye brew, while he won't get after the QB much he is as strong as an Ox and will be a disruptive force for those foolish enough to run the ball inside against him.

Round 4, Pick 4 - the Philadelphia Eagles select:

Justin Pugh - OT - Syracuse
Height: 6-6. Weight: 292.

As I was saying before Peters and Herramans are both 30+, which means we need to draft some lineman and build through the trenches. While I took Joeckel in the 1st this season showed why it's important to have some depth across the OL.

Round 5, Pick 3 - the Philadelphia Eagles select:

Johnny Adams - CB - Michigan State
Height: 5-11. Weight: 177.

Round 5, Pick 6 (via CLE) - the Philadelphia Eagles select:

Michael Mauti - LB - Penn State
Height: 6-2. Weight: 239.

Round 6, Pick 5 - the Philadelphia Eagles select:

Michael Williams - TE - Alabama
Height: 6-6. Weight: 270.

Round 7, Pick 3 - the Philadelphia Eagles select:

Devin Taylor - DE - South Carolina
Height: 6-8. Weight: 267.

Round 7, Pick 23 (via IND) - the Philadelphia Eagles select:

Aaron Hester - CB - UCLA
Height: 6-1. Weight: 207.

Round 7 compensation pick - the Philadelphia Eagles select:

AJ Francis - DT - Maryland
Height: 6-4. Weight: 308.

Round 7 compensation pick - the Philadelphia Eagles select:

Drew Frey, S - Cincinnati
Height: 6-3. Weight: 212.

Depth Chart

Rookies red | Free Agents blue

Offence: (24)

QB: Nick Foles | Trent Edwards
HB: LeSean McCoy | Bryce Brown | Dion Lewis
FB: Owen Scmitt
TE: Brent Celek | Michael Williams | Chris Gronkowski
X: Riley Cooper | DeAndre Hopkins
Y: Jeremy Maclin | Brandon Stokley
Z: Jason Avant | Damarius Johnson

LT: Jason Peters | Justin Pugh
LG: Evan Mathis | Evan Dietrich-Smith
C: Jason Kelce
RG: Todd Herramans | Danny Watkins
RT: Luke Joeckel | Dennis Kelly

Defence: (26)

RE: Trent Cole | Philip Hunt | Devin Taylor
NT: Corey Williams | Jessie Williams
UT: Fletcher Cox | Cedrick Thornton
LE: Brandon Graham | Vinny Curry

WILL: Mychal Kendricks | Jamar Chaney
MIKE: Demeco Ryans | Michael Mauti
SAM: Paul Kruger | Akeem Jordan

RCB: Curtis Marsh | Brandon Hughes | Aaron Hester
NCB: Brandon Boykin
FS: T.J McDonald | David Sims
SS: Chris Crocker | Colt Anderson | Drew Frey
LCB: Brent Grimes | Johnny Adams

Special Teams: (3)

K: Alex Henery
P: Matt McBriar
LS: Jon Dorenbos

2013-2014 Season Outlook

The season can go one of two ways: Either Foles does well becomes our guy or he plays poorly resulting in us having a high pick which we can use to get our QB of the future in next years draft. It's a win win situation! Either way, the roster has been completely gutted and this will be the first step towards building a bigger and more physical team.

Kiltman on the sig
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we still owe desean 8 million if we trade him. not happening.

Plus DeSean is way better than Maclin.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Was the dog eating the child?

Last edited by ninjapirate on Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:54 am; edited 1 time in total
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure on Marinelli as DC without Lovie. I would prefer to bring back DRC. Dont want SChmitt, Crockett, Gronk or Stokley. Switch jesse Williams and tj mcdonald and its more realistic. Also doubt Pugh last to the 4th, other Then that I Like it.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Kempes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd cream my jorts if we got Kruger.
willy_law

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the draft, I love the D.Hop pick.

I made the same mistake with trading Jackson with all the dead cash

I like the FA signings I doubt Green Bay would let Ditrech-Smith go from what I have heard is they love him

and that is a lot of faith in Curtis Marsh.....
birdman0069

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't like anything after keeping Howie.

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
eaglesfan10

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kruger is gonna bring in WAY more money than that.

Owen schmidt?? Laughing

Trading DeSean makes no sense.

Draft would be Shocked though.
AlexM23

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
we still owe desean 8 million if we trade him. not happening.

Plus DeSean is way better than Maclin.

As I said, I wasn't sure about the money but I'd still cop that to trade him. DeSean isn't way better, I'd probably give him a slight edge talent wise. In terms of who to trade though, I don't know about you but I don't think the guy who stopped trying when things weren't going his way is the type of person you want on your team just personally.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Not sure on Marinelli as DC without Lovie. I would prefer to bring back DRC. Dont want SChmitt, Crockett, Gronk or Stokley. Switch jesse Williams and tj mcdonald and its more realistic. Also doubt Pugh last to the 4th, other Then that I Like it.

You don't have to like Crocker or Stokley, they're veteran guys who will fill in the void as we re-build and can be a good locker room presence for the young guys, not corner stones of the Franchise for the next 10 years. Oh and as for the draft slots which the players were taken, the draft's still more than 3 months away so not the end of the world as long as it's roughly in their range.

Kempes wrote:
I'd cream my jorts if we got Kruger.

Who wouldn't!? Total beast.

willy_law wrote:

I like the FA signings I doubt Green Bay would let Ditrech-Smith go from what I have heard is they love him

Yeah EDS seems to keep getting better for the Packers, pretty doubtful that they'll let him go but still I can dream of great OL depth right? And you're right starting Marsh is a bit of an unknown but might as well see what we've got with him, if he's horrible there's still Boykin you can kick outside... either way it's gonna be a transition year we aren't gonna be leaning on Marsh's performance to lead us deep into the play-offs.

birdman0069 wrote:
Don't like anything after keeping Howie.

You don't like the move to cut Dallas Reyonlds?

eaglesfan10 wrote:
Kruger is gonna bring in WAY more money than that.

Owen schmidt?? Laughing

Trading DeSean makes no sense.

Draft would be Shocked though.

I gave Kruger close to 5 mil a year it's not bad but yeah the way he's played a 3-4 team might pursue him pretty hard in FA.

Hmm, what's wrong with Schmitt exactly? And trading DeSean makes sooo much sense it hurts. Keep him would be the opposite of this bigger and tougher football team philosophy.

Kiltman on the sig
birdman0069

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only watch this team because Dallas is on the roster!

Birdman, slowest to 10K
PhiCelek87

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

willy_law wrote:

BELIEVE
TRUTH

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nate Allen has trade value?
birdman0069

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRUTH wrote:
Nate Allen has trade value?

It could happen. Alright, it couldn't.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so sorry, but there is no way DeSean gets traded this offseason IMO. Let's bring in a true #1 and move DeSean to the #2 guy and see how he opens the field up. Plus the dead money is way too much to eat, as mentioned above.

I do love the TJ McDonald pick. Very Happy

Doesn't sound like McCoy is interested in us, and his interview apparently went bad.
baconrad3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't like FA at all.........The only acquisition I like is Kruger, and I'm not too sure if Baltimore lets him go. He has really came into his own this season. And how can we just assume that he can play a 4-3 SAM position? Has he done it before?

Stokley would be worthless here. The only reason he is decent at all this year is because of Peyton Manning.

Draft is pretty good.

As everyone has said, trading DeSean is a big no no.

Just wanted to point out that our secondary in this is very meh. Marsh as our starting CB and a 30 year old Grimes coming off a major injury (can't remember if it was ACL or achilles)....No thank you. Should have went after a CB early in the draft here. And Crocker is not that great....McDonald is very up in the air.

A starting secondary of Grimes-McDonald-Crocker-Marsh scares the crap out of me.

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
RollEagles

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it all except for two things. I don't think trading DeSean is the right move. We need to add a big receiver that draws a lot of attention which might open up the deep ball for DeSean.

The second thing I didn't like was where you had Jessie Williams being drafted. He will be long gone by the 3rd round. Some people have him as a late first/early second.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: