Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RG3 May have Torn ACL/PCL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
Redgoon23 wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
mozwanted wrote:
Dr.Andrews says rg3 will be 100% to start 2013 season. Hes the best in the business so no point of speculating.

Dude........quite making up information.

He's not. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000124166/article/rg3-expected-to-be-ready-for-2013-season-doctor-says?campaign=Twitter_RG3
"We expect a full recovery and it is everybody's hope and belief that due to Robert's high motivation, he will be ready for the 2013 season."

I bolded the part from the article that people seem to have a hard time comprehending. They HOPE he will be 100%. They have that HOPE because of his motivation.

The issue is that something important is missing from the statement: it doesn't say the start of the 2013 season. Being ready for the 2013 season means that they hope he'll be available at some point within that season. Meaning, it could be Week 1, or it could be Week 17. The ambiguity is what many people are pointing out because they aren't reading "Week 1" into the statement since it was not specifically stated.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mozwanted wrote:
Dr.Andrews says rg3 will be 100% to start 2013 season. Hes the best in the business so no point of speculating.

plan9misfit wrote:
The issue is that something important is missing from the statement: it doesn't say the start of the 2013 season. Being ready for the 2013 season means that they hope he'll be available at some point within that season. Meaning, it could be Week 1, or it could be Week 17. The ambiguity is what many people are pointing out because they aren't reading "Week 1" into the statement since it was not specifically stated.

not to mention (even though it has been already) the WASH fan thinks Dr Andrews is saying RGIII will be at "100%" capability. when Andrews just says he hopes he'll be "ready" to play.

biiiiiig difference.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
mozwanted wrote:

plan9misfit wrote:

not to mention (even though it has been already) the WASH fan thinks Dr Andrews is saying RGIII will be at "100%" capability. when Andrews just says he hopes he'll be "ready" to play.

biiiiiig difference.
Exactly with you on this. You should see my facebook feed. I live in the DC area and I see all these friends of mine posting stuff saying RG3 will be ready for next year. Nobody knows.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
titanrick

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone else pause when reading Andrews' comments, now that he's a paid employee of the Redskins? Just puts a different spin on things for me, as opposed to being able to consider his opinion as an unbiased expert.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
Does anyone else pause when reading Andrews' comments, now that he's a paid employee of the Redskins? Just puts a different spin on things for me, as opposed to being able to consider his opinion as an unbiased expert.

What gives me pause is how the statement is actually worded. Seems pretty obvious it was written by a PR person looking to find something Andrews was willing to agree to release as his opinion without blatantly disagreeing with the story being released by the Redskins/RG3. Andrews doesn't need the Redskin and I don't think he would realistically risk his credibility by lying, which is why he isn't saying anything about the start of the season or what he expects of RG3 in the 2013 season.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nixa37 wrote:
titanrick wrote:

What gives me pause is how the statement is actually worded. Seems pretty obvious it was written by a PR person looking to find something Andrews was willing to agree to release as his opinion without blatantly disagreeing with the story being released by the Redskins/RG3. Andrews doesn't need the Redskin and I don't think he would realistically risk his credibility by lying, which is why he isn't saying anything about the start of the season or what he expects of RG3 in the 2013 season.

I completely agree. Dr. Andrews is not going to risk so many years of respected credibility for the sake of a press release. He has too much integrity to do that.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
titanrick

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
nixa37 wrote:
titanrick wrote:

I completely agree. Dr. Andrews is not going to risk so many years of respected credibility for the sake of a press release. He has too much integrity to do that.

I don't think he's lying. But having a PR person write a statement that you eventually agree to sign is much different than giving a statement as an unbiased expert.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
nixa37 wrote:
titanrick wrote:

LMAO Orthopedic doctors are the biggest hustlers in the business, there is not a operation or speedy recovery they cant do.

Andrews will say whatever the Skins $$want him to say$$. Hes not a ethics councilor, hes a Doctor after his next million, and RGIII(house hold name world class athlete) and the 2 billion dollar Redskins Franchise is as big as it comes for Orthopedic Doctors.

Can you imagine the athletes from high school to the pros with the resources and money with recent knee injuries is going to be trying to see Andrews or any one who has ever trained under Andrews. ESPN has made Andrews a house hold name him self.

Even RGIII's only come back to 80 percent of what he once was, Andrews is still going to make more business then ever after this entire RGIII-knee-fiasco.

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
nixa37

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
nixa37 wrote:
titanrick wrote:

LMAO Orthopedic doctors are the biggest hustlers in the business, there is not a operation or speedy recovery they cant do.

Andrews will say whatever the Skins $$want him to say$$. Hes not a ethics councilor, hes a Doctor after his next million, and RGIII(house hold name world class athlete) and the 2 billion dollar Redskins Franchise is as big as it comes for Orthopedic Doctors.

Can you imagine the athletes from high school to the pros with the resources and money with recent knee injuries is going to be trying to see Andrews or any one who has ever trained under Andrews. ESPN has made Andrews a house hold name him self.

Even RGIII's only come back to 80 percent of what he once was, Andrews is still going to make more business then ever after this entire RGIII-knee-fiasco.

Andrews doesn't need the Redskins in the least. He already is THE orthopedic surgeon for professional athletes. Pretty much every potential ACL tear in the NFL or NBA and every potential UCL tear in baseball (Tommy John Surgery) is checked out by Andrews before a final determination is made.

Every high school athlete (that can afford it) already tries to see Andrews. Any college athlete that has the opportunity as well. The orthopedic surgeons you see talking on ESPN or in other newspapers generally have ties to him (either training under him or formerly working with him) because it gives them instant credibility.

Honestly, his name is doing more for the Redskins in this case than the Redskins name is doing for him.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr Andrews released an additional statement today that does not promise, or even predict, 100% capability on opening day:

Dr. Andrews: I really cant talk specifically about an injury from just the privacy act of that young mans career but obviously I had to operate on his knee yesterday. And its a shame but he had a re-injury to his ACL. Hes already waiting on me this morning to start his rehab and start his recovery. A fine young man and a great talent. So were looking forward, trying to get him back ready for next season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/10/andrews-sounds-a-cautious-note-about-rg3-comeback/

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
bulger2holt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Dr Andrews released an additional statement today that does not promise, or even predict, 100% capability on opening day:

Dr. Andrews: I really cant talk specifically about an injury from just the privacy act of that young mans career but obviously I had to operate on his knee yesterday. And its a shame but he had a re-injury to his ACL. Hes already waiting on me this morning to start his rehab and start his recovery. A fine young man and a great talent. So were looking forward, trying to get him back ready for next season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/10/andrews-sounds-a-cautious-note-about-rg3-comeback/

See you in 2014, RG3
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats just awful news, i know im late to the party, but i can believe it all happened on a fluke play with a crappy field...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
thats just awful news, i know im late to the party, but i can believe it all happened on a fluke play with a crappy field...

They actually think it was probably injured on the prior play to the bad snap (He got hit and fell on it a little awkwardly and was slow to get up). Essentially, the knee buckled due to the injury instead of the knee buckling causing the injury. It could just be trying to play down the role of the field, but I know someone who had a similar situation where it turned out they had already torn their ACL prior to a pretty gruesome knee buckling.
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nixa37 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

They actually think it was probably injured on the prior play to the bad snap (He got hit and fell on it a little awkwardly and was slow to get up). Essentially, the knee buckled due to the injury instead of the knee buckling causing the injury. It could just be trying to play down the role of the field, but I know someone who had a similar situation where it turned out they had already torn their ACL prior to a pretty gruesome knee buckling.

They being the Redskin spin doctors! It's what their attempting to feed the media in hopes it explains why he was left in the game for 3 extra QT. God forbid it was tweaked in the first QT right before the second TD pass . Rolling Eyes Easier to avoid blame, culpability and stupidity if it happen just a play before the tear.

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 4 Gm/ 20 Rec/ 353 Yds/ 3 TD/ 17.7 YPC/
nixa37

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
nixa37 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

They being the Redskin spin doctors! It's what their attempting to feed the media in hopes it explains why he was left in the game for 3 extra QT. God forbid it was tweaked in the first QT right before the second TD pass . Rolling Eyes Easier to avoid blame, culpability and stupidity if it happen just a play before the tear.

The one in the first quarter simply didn't look like it would have affected the ACL. And there would still be culpability for leaving him in since the weakened LCL from that hit made him more susceptible to an ACL injury than he would have been otherwise.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18

Jump to: