Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

On the Rainey Release...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mwalker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: On the Rainey Release... Reply with quote

So while I agree on the release, I also think we need a back like he was meant to be on the roster.

I've felt like there's been a 'power' back hang up since Bettis, to our detriment (I know Willy wasn't that, but still).

I think it's perpetuated this idea that backs are better than they are, simply because the have a rugged, bruising style (see Redman).

I don't mind Dwyer, but as a back up. And I don't think it's crazy to bring Mendenhall back if it's on a good deal, but I think the Batch thing is just a waste of time and I really feel like we need a genuine contrast in our offense.

I'm not saying 1stt or 2nd round, but somewhere in the first four rounds, or in FA, we need something new in our backfield, and for me, it'd be better if it wasn't a just a bruiser.
Steeler Hitman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: On the Rainey Release... Reply with quote

mwalker wrote:
So while I agree on the release, I also think we need a back like he was meant to be on the roster.

I've felt like there's been a 'power' back hang up since Bettis, to our detriment (I know Willy wasn't that, but still).

I think it's perpetuated this idea that backs are better than they are, simply because the have a rugged, bruising style (see Redman).

I don't mind Dwyer, but as a back up. And I don't think it's crazy to bring Mendenhall back if it's on a good deal, but I think the Batch thing is just a waste of time and I really feel like we need a genuine contrast in our offense.

I'm not saying 1stt or 2nd round, but somewhere in the first four rounds, or in FA, we need something new in our backfield, and for me, it'd be better if it wasn't a just a bruiser.

It is unfortunate about Rainey. You hate to see youn guys get in trouble like this and potentially mess up their future. The Steelers will typically support their players (I am not suggesting that the organization supports negative behavior) and help them through their legal or substance abuse issues. The timng and speed of this eans that Rainey was warned orpotentially had a clause in his contract about this.

This is what happens when a team underachieves at 8-8 and you mess up a week or two after the season. As far as the RB position, I think the team drafts another versatile type of RB. I think that Rainey had potential and was not properly used in the Steelers offense.

Redman and Dwyer are both better #2's in my opinion. However, Mendy's comments and conduct (skipping a game because he was deactivated) may have played him off the team as well. Substance abuse, domestic abuse, and other criminal acts are far more serious than what Mendy did, but I think that the team is sending some messages without having the Jerry Jone's like speach. I think that ARJ will ensure that changes are made and accountability is maintained.

Many feel that our young players did not step up and with some of the success in Indy, D.C., and Seattle with young QB's and other players, the organization is shortening its learning cureve and tolerence.

Thanks for the Sig CalhounLambeau!
stillersenat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's already a thread on this topic.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=510313

CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: