Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dionysus Offseason Plans
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible offseason and highly unrealistic. We won't cut our defensive leader.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I give this mock an A because it involves bringing back the MAN, the LEGEND, the ICON Vince Young

Miss ya, Vince!

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
I give this mock an A because it involves bringing back the MAN, the LEGEND, the ICON Vince Young

Miss ya, Vince!

Your Ruskie-like love disturbs me. Wink
Dionysus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't want to start another thread for this, but...

ROB RYAN'S BEEN FIRED!!!! Anybody interested?!

TitanRanger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:

LOL we would probably get that media atention we usually lack Laughing But hell no, I recall Munchack drafting and hiring high work ethic guys. I dont see him trying to get Rob Ryan to replace Gray.

Props to El ramster for the sig! =D
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:

Why would a 4-3 team be interested in a 3-4 coach?

Some of you folks just make me chuckle.

^^ryknowssd^^
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Dionysus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
Dionysus wrote:

Oh I don't know. Maybe because we might want to actually break out of our bad habit of settling for mediocre status or less because we're too scared of change. Or maybe we want to shake things up and try to become contenders for the playoffs instead of contenders for higher draft positions every year. Things like that comes to mind. It worked out well for the Packers and Texans when they switched over. Not saying switching to a 3-4 is a must, or that I'm heavily campaigning for it. But nothing else we've done as of late has worked, and to keep doing the same pathetic thing believing it will, makes ME chuckle. That's why.

You're welcome...

RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
Dionysus wrote:

Oh I don't know. Maybe because we might want to actually break out of our bad habit of settling for mediocre status or less because we're too scared of change. Or maybe we want to shake things up and try to become contenders for the playoffs instead of contenders for higher draft positions every year. Things like that comes to mind. It worked out well for the Packers and Texans when they switched over. Not saying switching to a 3-4 is a must, or that I'm heavily campaigning for it. But nothing else we've done as of late has worked, and to keep doing the same pathetic thing believing it will, makes ME chuckle. That's why.

You're welcome...

Your right.

Let's just toss the 4-3 out the window and redo our defense this draft. Makes more sense rebuilding the whole thing instead of improve it with a few pieces.

^^ryknowssd^^
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
Dionysus wrote:

You're welcome...

Your right.

Let's just toss the 4-3 out the window and redo our defense this draft. Makes more sense rebuilding the whole thing instead of improve it with a few pieces.

To be fair outside of a few games our 4-3 defense was more than a few pieces away from being any good. But that comes with a young inexperienced team. I don't want Ryan for the fact I don't want to blow up the team anymore now that we have the same coach. If this year is a complete suck bag again I'm open to blowing it all up. But 1 more year for this crew and personal.

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
Dionysus wrote:

You're welcome...

And Rob Ryan has proved he can do this... where? Dallas? Cleveland? Oakland?

I get the allure of a 3-4 defense, but you need a guy who can make it work. If this guys name were Rob Thomas or something other than Ryan, no one would be advocating him to be hired.

**RIP Steve McNair**
MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
Dionysus wrote:

You're welcome...

And Rob Ryan has proved he can do this... where? Dallas? Cleveland? Oakland?

I get the allure of a 3-4 defense, but you need a guy who can make it work. If this guys name were Rob Thomas or something other than Ryan, no one would be advocating him to be hired.

Carlos Santana would be all about hiring him if his name were that

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
Dionysus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me make this perfectly clear, or at least try to. This is NOT about the "allure" of the supposed heavily sought after 3-4 scheme. It's about the allure of a new attitude, and the riddance of that hot garbage we witnessed too much of last season. Personally, I could care less if we switch to the 3-4, keep the 4-3 or use both. As for my reference to other teams (Packers and Texans for example) making a successful transition between the two schemes, they didn't have to blow up their teams to do it like people here keep claiming we'd have to do. For me, it's not about the formation, it's about the man that's running it. In spite of what you may have duped yourselves into believing based on my inquiring about interest in Rob Ryan, I'm not foaming at the mouth for us to bring him in here. Whether his track record is elite or not, it's light-years ahead of what Jerry Gray's been bringing. All of this getting blown out of games and taking that passive approach has got to go. The point is, right now I'd be willing to take my chances with the likes of a Rob Ryan when compared to Jerry Gray.
MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
Let me make this perfectly clear, or at least try to. This is NOT about the "allure" of the supposed heavily sought after 3-4 scheme. It's about the allure of a new attitude, and the riddance of that hot garbage we witnessed too much of last season. Personally, I could care less if we switch to the 3-4, keep the 4-3 or use both. As for my reference to other teams (Packers and Texans for example) making a successful transition between the two schemes, they didn't have to blow up their teams to do it like people here keep claiming we'd have to do. For me, it's not about the formation, it's about the man that's running it. In spite of what you may have duped yourselves into believing based on my inquiring about interest in Rob Ryan, I'm not foaming at the mouth for us to bring him in here. Whether his track record is elite or not, it's light-years ahead of what Jerry Gray's been bringing. All of this getting blown out of games and taking that passive approach has got to go. The point is, right now I'd be willing to take my chances with the likes of a Rob Ryan when compared to Jerry Gray.

*starts slow clap

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: