Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steelers give Haley permission to interview w/Cards
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steelers22

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Curtain wrote:
I still don't get how it held back Wallace when he failed to catch so many deep passes this season. Maybe we didn't do it enough? But there were plenty of times we did go for it, and Wallace was out of position or dropped it or simply did not make the catch for whatever reason.

The offense was designed to get the ball out of Roethlisbergers hands quickly therefore, a lot of the route assignments given to the WR's were short to intermediate. By doing that, you're taking away Wallace's best skill and a skill that he might be tops in the league in.

props to dawg24
SteelFire

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/09/report-todd-haley-interviewing-with-cardinals-today/
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelFire wrote:
FYI:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/09/report-todd-haley-interviewing-with-cardinals-today/
wouldnt shock me if they hired him. Of course IMO he'd be a downgrade in coaching from Whisenhunt to Haley and he's not a players coach nor good communicator from what I've seen over the years.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Chieferific

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Mularkey is out in Jax with a new GM in town. If Haley leaves any chance they bring him back?

CKSteeler wrote:
And no, truth is not a 'fact.' Which is why they are two different words.
jebrick

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Haley turned down the interview.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000124128/article/steelers-oc-todd-haley-wont-interview-with-cardinals

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
jcm412

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000124128/article/steelers-oc-todd-haley-wont-interview-with-cardinals

There are some serious conflicting reports. Rooney says he did interview his agent said he did not. To very credible sources with opposite reports.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcm412 wrote:
jebrick wrote:

There are some serious conflicting reports. Rooney says he did interview his agent said he did not. To very credible sources with opposite reports.

Regardless, I think he stays.

With the Cards QB situation and not a good outlook at fixing it this year, I doubt that job will be tempting to many people.

Thats the main reason it wouldve been smart to keep Whiz another season, because even if he isnt the right coach, no coach is going to look good with the mess they have at QB.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
Mason Storm

Location: Hmm fire Tomlin of course y didnt i think of that oh yea because thats stupid.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Http://www.postgazette.com/stories/sports/Steelers/Arizona-interviewing-Steelers-haley-for-top-job-669646

looks like he is down there. Please take him and let's get norv turner Pray

^ TommyC376 sig n avy^
"You know your a parent when you pay $120 for your kid to watch something live thats on tv for free"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: