Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What should the Browns do at DE?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How should the Browns decide to fix the DE position?
Free Agent
36%
 36%  [ 12 ]
Draft
63%
 63%  [ 21 ]
In House
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 33

BocaRatonBrown1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon Jenkins

2010 13.5 Sacks
2011 8.0 Sacks <double teamed all year>
2012 Injured

Was rated in the top 10 going into the 2012 season in many mocks like Walter Football.

I would love to see him free fall into the 3rd-5th.

Reminds me of Melvin Ingram coming out last season.
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With so much Cap Space, a FA could be an option. Ownership will show a willingness to spend money. Michael Johnson seems like an ideal option and that move hurts a Division Competitor.

Draft is stacked with DEs. The ideal scenario draft wise- the one every Fan wants- is to trade down regardless of whose available. Not having a Second Rounder is a major concern.

The Draft is stockpiled with DEs, but Johnson would be an immediate answer rather than developmental prospect.
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conquest8089 wrote:
With so much Cap Space, a FA could be an option. Ownership will show a willingness to spend money. Michael Johnson seems like an ideal option and that move hurts a Division Competitor.

Draft is stacked with DEs. The ideal scenario draft wise- the one every Fan wants- is to trade down regardless of whose available. Not having a Second Rounder is a major concern.

The Draft is stockpiled with DEs, but Johnson would be an immediate answer rather than developmental prospect.

Yeah there are a lot of DEs, but there are only 2 sure fire 1st round talents with 2 more who are boarderline 1st rounders. Everyone else is just average prospects. There is depth but not many impact types.

Jamison on the sig
JCBrowns21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voted FA, but I'd actually like both. Would love to get a pure pass rusher in the draft. Would ideally play him on passing downs and mold him into a complete DE over time. Similar to how the Seahawks are developing Bruce Irvin.

I'd also like to get a FA like Michael Johnson so we have someone who can immediately start full time. Think this truly addresses the position giving us depth and 4 capable DEs (Sheard, FA, Rucker, Draft). I'm not anticipating Parker to be back.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: