Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Head Coaching Candidates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sr7252

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
wiscbearsfan wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Via Rotoworld...

Quote:
Jaguars fired head coach Mike Mularkey.

The nice thing is that they won't be competition for any of the Bears candidates. Nobody in their right mind would take that job over CHI. Perhaps a new home for Lovie though.

It’s another team with a new GM tho…if Caldwell is willing to give up a lot of power then maybe a coach would take that over coming here…you never know what kind of other factors like family could play into a coach’s decision…

I also agree it could be a good landing spot of Lovie…altho I think any team would be lucky to have Lovie as long as they don’t allow him full control over his staff.

Buncha Mularkey
Athelite

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/17484101-419/rick-dennison-offers-attractive-links-as-candidate-for-bears-job.html

this makes Rick Dennison less appealing to me. I don't like the idea of Tice being kept at all.

^Takeonme^
topwop1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Athelite wrote:
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/17484101-419/rick-dennison-offers-attractive-links-as-candidate-for-bears-job.html

this makes Rick Dennison less appealing to me. I don't like the idea of Tice being kept at all.

Really doubt that Tice is kept if Dennison were to be hired. I presume Dennison would want to run a ZBS (zone blocking scheme) on offense and Tice comes from a power blocking scheme background.
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
Athelite wrote:

Really doubt that Tice is kept if Dennison were to be hired. I presume Dennison would want to run a ZBS (zone blocking scheme) on offense and Tice comes from a power blocking scheme background.

Exactly. There might be a mutual respect - but they come from different philosophical places.

Adopt-a-Bear Kyle Long

PFF Grade through Regular-Season Game 3: 2.7 (20th in NFL) Highest rated rookie OL

Highest rated OL in the Pre-Season
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sr7252 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
wiscbearsfan wrote:
At his introductory press conference he will be talking about how their goal is to beat New England. And Jets weather, don't forget about Jets weather.

And that's really New Jersey weather. It's like Bear weather, but you're smelling garbage the entire time. Like if the winds shifted and Soldier Field picked up the scent from Gary and East Chicago. Same thing.
Laughing Remember when there was a serious effort to move the Bears to Gary? Until they polled Season Ticket holders. Crying or Very sad

The last time I drove through Gary I was more afraid of Gary than some of the worst parts of Chicago. It looks like post-apocalyptic war zone.

I'm not the only 1?! I thought I had just seen the Terminator in real life, it's so creepy out there. And I was raised in the projects lol.
If a naked guy drops out of the sky, get the hell out of there.

Seriously though I feel bad for the people who are trapped in this kind of hell. Poverty of the pocketbook is bad but poverty of the mind is worse and that is what destroys people.
Sr7252

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Sr7252 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
wiscbearsfan wrote:
At his introductory press conference he will be talking about how their goal is to beat New England. And Jets weather, don't forget about Jets weather.

And that's really New Jersey weather. It's like Bear weather, but you're smelling garbage the entire time. Like if the winds shifted and Soldier Field picked up the scent from Gary and East Chicago. Same thing.
Laughing Remember when there was a serious effort to move the Bears to Gary? Until they polled Season Ticket holders. Crying or Very sad

The last time I drove through Gary I was more afraid of Gary than some of the worst parts of Chicago. It looks like post-apocalyptic war zone.

I'm not the only 1?! I thought I had just seen the Terminator in real life, it's so creepy out there. And I was raised in the projects lol.

Seriously though I feel bad for the people who are trapped in this kind of hell. Poverty of the pocketbook is bad but poverty of the mind is worse and that is what destroys people.

Clearly wasn't literal jerk, but enjoy talking smack for no reason.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sr7252 wrote:
I wouldn't want Kelly anyways.

The way ND was beat was humiliating. He's overrated to me.
Kelly is a tremendous coach and recruiter. He has worked wonders at all the schools he has coached.

While I would love to have him as our coach I cannot see any way to get him since the ND job is the one he has wanted since he was five years old.

ND is not up to SEC levels as yet but that is not the fault of Kelly but, if there is a coach in the country who could challenge the SEC it is Kelly.
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Sr7252 wrote:

Kelly is a tremendous coach and recruiter. He has worked wonders at all the schools he has coached.

While I would love to have him as our coach I cannot see any way to get him since the ND job is the one he has wanted since he was five years old.

ND is not up to SEC levels as yet but that is not the fault of Kelly but, if there is a coach in the country who could challenge the SEC it is Kelly.

Thats funny considering Kelly did anything but in the bowl game.

Adopt-a-Bear Kyle Long

PFF Grade through Regular-Season Game 3: 2.7 (20th in NFL) Highest rated rookie OL

ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wiscbearsfan wrote:
Sr7252 wrote:

It seems that more often than not college coaches don't fair well in the NFL. There are always exceptions of course.

And I agree that based upon who Emery has interviewed (or scheduled) no college coach seems to fit the bill.
In all fairness most first time coaches, no matter from whence they came, do not do well in the pros. There are only a few who come in and succeed. Even Belichik didn't his first shot.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badger75 wrote:
Yeah, the Bears are seeing sugar plums with Kelly.

He is so wrong.... Rolling Eyes
Huh? Who is wrong? Kelly?
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sr7252 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Sr7252 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
wiscbearsfan wrote:

Wow, you couldn't see that I was joking about the naked guy falling from the sky? "....talking smack"? What are you reading?
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Sr7252 wrote:

Thats funny considering Kelly did anything but in the bowl game.
That game is in no way reflective of Kelly's career. His team overachieved this year and finally hit the wall. But is there a team outside the SEC that would not have had pretty much the same result?
Sr7252

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Sr7252 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Sr7252 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
wiscbearsfan wrote:

Wow, you couldn't see that I was joking about the naked guy falling from the sky? "....talking smack"? What are you reading?

The "Get the hell out of there" part is what made me think you were being a jerk for nothing.

But if you say you're joking, I believe you. Excuse me for jumping the gun in that case, my apologies man.
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
That game is in no way reflective of Kelly's career. His team overachieved this year and finally hit the wall. But is there a team outside the SEC that would not have had pretty much the same result?

I was just giving you a hard time.

But in response to your question - yes - I believe a couple of teams (outside the SEC) could have put up a better fight.

Ohio St - not eligible, but doesn't change that I believe they would have been a tougher out.

Oregon - They wouldn't have been able to stop Alabama's run game either - but they would have least put some points on the board.

Adopt-a-Bear Kyle Long

ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sr7252 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Sr7252 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Sr7252 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
wiscbearsfan wrote:

The "Get the hell out of there" part is what made me think you were being a jerk for nothing.

But if you say you're joking, I believe you. Excuse me for jumping the gun in that case, my apologies man.
Hey, I know I will head for the hills as soon as that naked guy drops in.

People get touchy and we all need to re-read stuff when we think it is an insult. I like a good brawl (more than is acceptable around here) so I am as likely to misinterpret as the next guy. Plus, I am a cantankerous old coot which doesn't help.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 82 of 100

Jump to: