Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Divisional Round: Baltimore Rayvens @ Denver Broncos
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 46, 47, 48  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is remembered more highly?
Ray Lewis
45%
 45%  [ 21 ]
Peyton Manning
30%
 30%  [ 14 ]
Yes..
23%
 23%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 46

SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As per a poster in the GDT in NFL GEN, Harbs is making the 100% correct choice in having us arrive as late as possible. Apparently you are at peak performance at high altitude within 24-36 hours of arriving, or giving your body 2 weeks. So Harbs obviously is giving them the 24-36 hour time slot to acclimate, which I agree with.

GOOD JOB, HARBAUGH!

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Personally I think the best route might've been to travel twice. Travel to the nearest city at low altitude and stay for a night... then take a really short trip to Denver as close to gametime as it takes to get all the pre-game warm ups done.

I was just glancing at altitude maps and making rough estimates, but it seems like you'd have to go 75-100 miles outside Denver just to get to elevation down to around 2-3,000 feet above sea level or so. It would take a huge amount of travel to get to completely flat land, and traveling that much on the day of a game just wouldn't be advisable.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Quote:
Personally I think the best route might've been to travel twice. Travel to the nearest city at low altitude and stay for a night... then take a really short trip to Denver as close to gametime as it takes to get all the pre-game warm ups done.

I was just glancing at altitude maps and making rough estimates, but it seems like you'd have to go 75-100 miles outside Denver just to get to elevation down to around 2-3,000 feet above sea level or so. It would take a huge amount of travel to get to completely flat land, and traveling that much on the day of a game just wouldn't be advisable.

Yeah, in that case it doesn't make very much sense. I figured it might be on the 50 mile side, small town with an airport that could accommodate.

Though geography was never one of my strongest subjects.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Apparently Harbaugh is going to have the team arrive in Denver as late as possible in hopes that it minimizes the affects of the altitude. I won't pretend to understand how exactly the human body reacts to that kind of altitude and whether this is the correct gambit in a technical sense, but intuitively I would think that it would be better to come earlier in order to have practice time to give the players better familiarity with the altitude and a better expectation as to how they need to adjust. I guess I'll defer to the Ravens brass/training staff/doctors because I'm sure this decision is based on some sort of more nuanced study than my completely unscientific instincts, but it definitely makes me a little nervous.

I've heard that you either try to get there 2 weeks in advance or the night before. 2 days won't help.
Well then WHY WEREN'T WE IN DENVER THESE PAST 2 WEEKS?! ALL I SAW WAS US HANGING OUT IN CINCINNATI AND BALTIMORE WHEN WE COULD HAVE BEEN GETTING READY FOR THE DENVER ALTITUDE.

FIRE HARBAUGH

ORRRRRRRR, why didn't we demand that those games be played in Denver?

First Harbaugh's botching clock management, now he's botching game locales.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wednesday practice: Leach, Pierce, Reid(DNP); Ellerbe(LP)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Wednesday practice: Leach, Pierce, Reid(DNP); Ellerbe(LP)

Injuries seem to be a moot point at this time. Looks like we are entering this game exactly as we did last week and at full strength, which is good.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really curious to see how our line holds up on Sunday as they did a FAIRLY good job against the Colts pass rushers, who are pretty much the same type of pass rushers that the Broncos have - albeit much older at this stage of their careers. If we can limit Elvis and Von to the same amount of pressure the Colts got against us, I think that will open up A LOT of things for our offense.

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McKinnie played pretty well but Mathis abused Oher. I'm still not entirely confident about either of them because Oher sucks and McKinnie's biggest problem has always been consistency, meaning it's hard for me to feel like he's dependable for a future game even when his previous one was a good one.

The new line was noticeably better against Indy, but the biggest difference was that Caldwell actively seeks a mobile pocket for Joe. Even more than identifying new route trees (SLANTS!), that has been the major differnece between Caldwell and Cam. Executing rollouts and such and keeping Joe from being a statue in the pocket goes a long way towards relieving pressure. The Denver corners are going to be jamming our guys at the line all game long and they're going to have to do a better job of beating that than they did last time or else Flacco's going to find himself way out of rhythm on those quick-hitters. But if they can get off the line and find openings quickly, that'll be the best possible neutralizing weapon against Von Miller and Doom.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
McKinnie played pretty well but Mathis abused Oher. I'm still not entirely confident about either of them because Oher sucks and McKinnie's biggest problem has always been consistency, meaning it's hard for me to feel like he's dependable for a future game even when his previous one was a good one.

The new line was noticeably better against Indy, but the biggest difference was that Caldwell actively seeks a mobile pocket for Joe. Even more than identifying new route trees (SLANTS!), that has been the major differnece between Caldwell and Cam. Executing rollouts and such and keeping Joe from being a statue in the pocket goes a long way towards relieving pressure. The Denver corners are going to be jamming our guys at the line all game long and they're going to have to do a better job of beating that than they did last time or else Flacco's going to find himself way out of rhythm on those quick-hitters. But if they can get off the line and find openings quickly, that'll be the best possible neutralizing weapon against Von Miller and Doom.

I think the moving pockets help Flacco stay alert and get used to moving around during the course of the game. Flacco is such a rhythm based quarterback keeping him in attack mode is key. He is definitely not a open field runner but he is very under utilized athletically . We should definitely use that to our advantage
Greenlaser86

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You gotta see what I wrote in the Denver forum! Page 6. Smile
mddeckie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tell ya, those broncos fans are some confident bunch... I usually have bad feelings when we play a better team, but for some reason I have a feeling we will not lose this game... If that's the case, we will have a lot of fun in the bronco forum
Greenlaser86

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mddeckie wrote:
I tell ya, those broncos fans are some confident bunch... I usually have bad feelings when we play a better team, but for some reason I have a feeling we will not lose this game... If that's the case, we will have a lot of fun in the bronco forum

Exactly! I think I hate the Broncos fans more than Steelers fans now!
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mddeckie wrote:

Arent you the guy who posted in the Broncos forum that the Ravens would win 52-18?
Anyways what is wrong with being confident? Can you blame Bronco fans? The team has won 11 straight games by an average of 16.5 points including a victory AT Baltimore a mere 3 weeks ago. Wouldn't you be confident too? Well of course you would be, since you are predicting a 34 point victory.

p.s. Love Kruger and Kemoeatu......and David Reed.
Good luck to your team on Saturday.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opposing fans should love Kemoeatu lol (I get the Utah theme though).
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Opposing fans should love Kemoeatu lol (I get the Utah theme though).

Too bad that he is so old now, guy was a monster back in the day. On a side note I grew up next to Ngata and even played against him in HS, I was showing my wife my highlight video (Uncle Rico moment) and saw Ngata chasing after me. Thank God he didnt catch me or I might not be typing this message Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 6 of 48

Jump to: