Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Omar Khan
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
at23steelers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Omar Khan Reply with quote

"Jets will interview Steelers executive Omar Khan for vacant GM job tomorrow, per source."

They better not touch him, he's our dude. Our coaches should be off limits. I wonder if we can trade them Colon as consolation for not letting them hire Khan!! Laughing Laughing
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's like being manager of the English football team, sounds better than your current job but really, it's one you don't want

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyJoeYoung wrote:
That's like being manager of the English football team, sounds better than your current job but really, it's one you don't want

Agreed.

Sadly, I do think Khan deserves the opportunity, but I dont think he should go to the Jets.

Seriously, who would want to work under Woody Johnson? He is too much like Dan Snyder and Jerruh.
jebrick

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rooney Rule interview. I would not worry about it.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be sad to see hik leave but Good for him, even if it is for the Roomey Rule it gets him experience in the process.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: Omar Khan Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
"Jets will interview Steelers executive Omar Khan for vacant GM job tomorrow, per source."

They better not touch him, he's our dude. Our coaches should be off limits. I wonder if we can trade them Colon as consolation for not letting them hire Khan!! Laughing Laughing

? He isn't a coach.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it were New England; I'd be scared. However, it's New York (J). He isn't going anywhere.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: Omar Khan Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
at23steelers wrote:

? He isn't a coach.

Laughing Good call, I really meant our staff.
Chieferific

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interviewing a second time for the Jets GM position per ESPN.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jets are expected to announce tomorrow?

...you have a forum resume?
skrILL

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, Jets fan here.

All indications are pointing to us hiring your Omar Khan as our GM. It has been said that he and Seattle's John Idzik are the two finalists, and Idzik flew back to Seattle tonight with no deal. That's not to say he's eliminated, but it would make sense that if he were to be getting the job, he would have stayed in NY.

That said, I figured I'd come over here to get a little more insight on Khan. From what I understand he's brilliant with the cap and has worked his way up from the very bottom by doing whatever task he is given. Is there anything else that should be known about him?

Any and all comments are appreciated.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
at23steelers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
Hey guys, Jets fan here.

All indications are pointing to us hiring your Omar Khan as our GM. It has been said that he and Seattle's John Idzik are the two finalists, and Idzik flew back to Seattle tonight with no deal. That's not to say he's eliminated, but it would make sense that if he were to be getting the job, he would have stayed in NY.

That said, I figured I'd come over here to get a little more insight on Khan. From what I understand he's brilliant with the cap and has worked his way up from the very bottom by doing whatever task he is given. Is there anything else that should be known about him?

He's horrible and will make you appreciate Tannenbaum!! Ok, ok everything you said is correct! Crying or Very sad
grubs10

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
Hey guys, Jets fan here.

Ya even though we have been in cap trouble the last couple of years we have been fighting for a championship and he has put every dollar to use to accomplish that. (The only problem is not all of those dollars were put to GOOD use but I don't think that falls as much on Khan as others)

^Props to jgutowski24 on the Sweet Wiz Style Sig^
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
Hey guys, Jets fan here.

Does a very good job with the cap. Like grubs10 mentioned he wasn't involved in who they signed just making sure it worked within the cap. However, no idea of what kind of talent evaluator he is since that wasn't his job here. It was just a matter of time before he got a job as a GM.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone pretty much said everything. Ill sum it up in a few words...

Good with the cap....completely unknown with talent.

I wish Omar the best, but I wouldnt get too excited until he proves something. After all, Tanny was good with the cap as well, just sucked at talent evaluation.

Also, while I like Omar, I dont think he was the cap genius some made him out to be. He was good...not great IMO.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: