Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

null
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
My reasons for firing Smith have been completely laid out repeatedly by me and have nothing to do with anything you or others have "worked out" of your fevered imaginations.

I do not hate the man at all, just the dumb decisions he has made that have cost us unnecessary losses. He gave us his best shot and I appreciate his effort. It just was not good enough.

We don't anoint a King for life here so his time was up.

That's it...sure.
Why would I lie? It isn't as if I give a $$$$ what any of you think of me or my opinions.

The worrying thing is you’re not lying…you actually believe some of this stuff lol.
I am a man with "pretensions of integrity" as Alexander Hamilton said about Thomas Jefferson.

You are half right about being pretentious.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Guys enough with the race innuendos and personal attacks. You all know none of that junk is permitted here. Move on.
Only those with extensive knowledge of the participants and their former arguments would know anyone is being insulted or attacked.

To me it is just funny.

That doesn't make it any more within the rules.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Guys enough with the race innuendos and personal attacks. You all know none of that junk is permitted here. Move on.
Only those with extensive knowledge of the participants and their former arguments would know anyone is being insulted or attacked.

To me it is just funny.

It is of no concern to me since I made no racial innuendos in any case and never do.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
My reasons for firing Smith have been completely laid out repeatedly by me and have nothing to do with anything you or others have "worked out" of your fevered imaginations.

I do not hate the man at all, just the dumb decisions he has made that have cost us unnecessary losses. He gave us his best shot and I appreciate his effort. It just was not good enough.

That's it...sure.
Why would I lie? It isn't as if I give a $$$$ what any of you think of me or my opinions.

The worrying thing is you’re not lying…you actually believe some of this stuff lol.
I am a man with "pretensions of integrity" as Alexander Hamilton said about Thomas Jefferson.

I have been accused of worst.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:

To me it is just funny.

It is of no concern to me since I made no racial innuendos in any case and never do.

I would also point out that I didn’t make any racist claims about any poster…I simply said I felt I had worked out why Al hates Lovie so much…he is stuck in the 80’s where he thinks every HC has to ball and shout like Ditka did…the fact he thinks Mike Singletary is the answer as our new HC…is not only laughable but proof of this…an HC who thinks dropping his pants in the middle of a game isn’t what modern sport is all about...if we brought in say Tony Dungy I’m sure Al would have a big problem with him too…I mean he doesn’t shout…or Mike Tomlin…he also doesn’t shout much or show much emotion so they would more than likely be off the list…look at Tom Coughlin…very mediocre HC when he was running “Coughlin time” and screaming at players…but he adapts his approach and now he has two SB rings…the says of the shout first teach second HCs are over.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:

That's it...sure.

I have been accused of worst.

I don't doubt it.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:

To me it is just funny.

I would also point out that I didn’t make any racist claims about any poster…I simply said I felt I had worked out why Al hates Lovie so much…he is stuck in the 80’s where he thinks every HC has to ball and shout like Ditka did…Where have you ever seen a statement to that effect from me? the fact he thinks Mike Singletary is the answer as our new HC…Again I never said that, I only argued against the idea that he is utterly unqualified because of his experience in SF. He would not be in my top five list, in fact. As much as I love Mike I prefer a more offensive minded coach. is not only laughable but proof of this…an HC who thinks dropping his pants in the middle of a game isn’t what modern sport is all about...We could put a No Pants Dropping codicil in his contract. if we brought in say Tony Dungy I’m sure Al would have a big problem with him too…I mean he doesn’t shout…That would not be my problem with him. I don't think he has the willingness to sacrifice his family any more for this stuff. or Mike Tomlin…I like him better than the others you discuss. he also doesn’t shout much or show much emotion so they would more than likely be off the list…look at Tom Coughlin…very mediocre HC when he was running “Coughlin time” and screaming at players…but he adapts his approach and now he has two SB rings…the says of the shout first teach second HCs are over.
I don't particularly like Coughlin then or now. But I do like Tom Landry and Bud Grant. What I like best about coaches is intelligence not histrionics.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:

To me it is just funny.

I would also point out that I didn’t make any racist claims about any poster…I simply said I felt I had worked out why Al hates Lovie so much…he is stuck in the 80’s where he thinks every HC has to ball and shout like Ditka did…Where have you ever seen a statement to that effect from me? the fact he thinks Mike Singletary is the answer as our new HC…Again I never said that, I only argued against the idea that he is utterly unqualified because of his experience in SF. He would not be in my top five list, in fact. As much as I love Mike I prefer a more offensive minded coach. is not only laughable but proof of this…an HC who thinks dropping his pants in the middle of a game isn’t what modern sport is all about...We could put a No Pants Dropping codicil in his contract. if we brought in say Tony Dungy I’m sure Al would have a big problem with him too…I mean he doesn’t shout…That would not be my problem with him. I don't think he has the willingness to sacrifice his family any more for this stuff. or Mike Tomlin…I like him better than the others you discuss. he also doesn’t shout much or show much emotion so they would more than likely be off the list…look at Tom Coughlin…very mediocre HC when he was running “Coughlin time” and screaming at players…but he adapts his approach and now he has two SB rings…the says of the shout first teach second HCs are over.
I don't particularly like Coughlin then or now. But I do like Tom Landry and Bud Grant. What I like best about coaches is intelligence not histrionics.

So two coaches who was successful in the 70s…sounds about right for you...

As for where have you ever made a statement of being stuck in time…just look at the above post.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:

To me it is just funny.

So two coaches who was successful in the 70s…sounds about right for you... The 70s is the last decade I would be stuck in since it had the Bears getting their butts kicked even worse than any of you can even remember. Anyone not looking for any excuse to insult me would know that mentioning two coaches which counter your claim that I only like screamers does not mean they are the only coaches I like. But it does not bother me for you to say foolish things, so have at it.

As for where have you ever made a statement of being stuck in time…just look at the above post.
I have no idea what you are referring to or what misunderstanding it refers to. If it is the Halas playbook idea then you are just showing your youth.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:

To me it is just funny.

So two coaches who was successful in the 70s…sounds about right for you... The 70s is the last decade I would be stuck in since it had the Bears getting their butts kicked even worse than any of you can even remember. Anyone not looking for any excuse to insult me would know that mentioning two coaches which counter your claim that I only like screamers does not mean they are the only coaches I like. But it does not bother me for you to say foolish things, so have at it.

I have no idea what you are referring to or what misunderstanding it refers to. If it is the Halas playbook idea then you are just showing your youth.

It's the fact you think a guy with the personality of a Ditka or Singletary could be a successful HC in the NFL today.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:

To me it is just funny.

It's the fact you think a guy with the personality of a Ditka or Singletary could be a successful HC in the NFL today.
There is a pretty consistent body of fact that shows coaches of any personality type can succeed. They can be as robotic as you like but they do not have to be.
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that you guys are arguing about this and throwing personal attacks at each other is really silly.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
The fact that you guys are arguing about this and throwing personal attacks at each other is really silly.

Agreed 100%. Let it go fellas.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:

Agreed 100%. Let it go fellas.
I have thrown no personal attacks but I will drop the highly stimulating and enlightening discussion of the proper personality for coaches.

I have to tell you though we were right on the verge of settling the question for all time.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:

I love how telling the truth around about here is seen as a personal attack…does anyone believe that Al opinions aren’t stuck in the past?...does anyone share his belief that Mike Singletary would be a great HC for us?...there is nothing personal about pointing out when someone’s opinions are seen as wrong by masses.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: