Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offseason Discussion: Draft Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMike

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
NFP top 200

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFPS-Top-200-Draft-Prospects-Version-30.html?sct=hp_t13_a6

As of right now I would say there are a few guys he is way too high on…Kenny Vaccaro at #6? Quinton Patton at #17? Those are major stretches.

The OT class just got a lot thinner.

Taylor Lewan is going back to Michigan next season.

Makes sense for him - if he has a similar year to this year then he'll be a virtual lock to be in the top 10 next year and possibly top 5. He most likely wouldn't be top 10 this year.
I can't see him falling out of the top 10 this year. I think he's making a bad decision if he really is staying.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
NFP top 200

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFPS-Top-200-Draft-Prospects-Version-30.html?sct=hp_t13_a6

As of right now I would say there are a few guys he is way too high on…Kenny Vaccaro at #6? Quinton Patton at #17? Those are major stretches.

Makes sense for him - if he has a similar year to this year then he'll be a virtual lock to be in the top 10 next year and possibly top 5. He most likely wouldn't be top 10 this year.
I can't see him falling out of the top 10 this year. I think he's making a bad decision if he really is staying.

I suppose he might go top 10. I think that will depend on where the LTs end up in FA. Outside of trades I see only KC, DET and AZ as teams needing LTs, and DET may be looking to replace Backus with Reiff who they just took in last year's first round. Lewan was at best the 2nd OT in this year's draft behind Joeckel, and KC and AZ also have HUGE needs elsewhere.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
DaMike wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
NFP top 200

I suppose he might go top 10. I think that will depend on where the LTs end up in FA. Outside of trades I see only KC, DET and AZ as teams needing LTs, and DET may be looking to replace Backus with Reiff who they just took in last year's first round. Lewan was at best the 2nd OT in this year's draft behind Joeckel, and KC and AZ also have HUGE needs elsewhere.
That is of course assuming they let Albert walk to Chicago.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
DaMike wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
NFP top 200

Of course, and that would be ideal IMO. Would probably require a restructuring of the Peppers contract to sign him and not handcuff us in other ways.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
DaMike wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
NFP top 200

Of course, and that would be ideal IMO. Would probably require a restructuring of the Peppers contract to sign him and not handcuff us in other ways.
idk, I think we have something like $35M in cap space for next year as is.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
DaMike wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
NFP top 200

idk, I think we have something like $35M in cap space for next year as is.

Clayton reported that we have 13.3 million right now, which puts us around 10th in the league.

But between Hester and Davis we could get 4.5 million back.

And with some restructurings we could get even more.

My guess is we will settle out at about 20-22 million.

We need to sign an OT, because with Lewan going back to Michigan that leaves 2 OTs that have consensus 1st round grades.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Anyway back to the original point of this thread Laughing

A tackle prospect I’m really starting to like is Justin Pugh from Syracuse…he’s only a redshirt junior but he has the skill set and experience to step in as a starter straight off the bat…personally I feel we are about to see a change around the NFL when it comes to Olinemen…it used to be once every two or three years you would get a freakish athlete who would be draft to play RE…now we are seeing freakish athletes that play both RE & LE year in year out…then you have the rise of the ultra-athletic 3-4 OLBs…JPP, Chandler Jones, Aldon Smith…next year it will be Mingo and the year after Clowney hits the NFL…and it’s not going to stop there…the position of OT is going to become more and more about finding athletes who can match up with these guys in space and 6-8” 340lbs guys are no longer going to be viable…Pugh is 6-5” 297lbs but is effortless in his movement and plays with the technique that will remind some of a Jordan Gross type…I think he could be had in the 2nd round which would allow us to trade down a little to pick up some extra picks to help the rest of the Oline…he is also a very smart well coached player since he plays under Doug Marrone who was an Oline coach from 97-2005…if he can continue to get stronger in his upperbody he could be a long term answer at LT.
Pugh in the second round would interest me, not the first though, but with Marrone becoming HC of the Jets he might not last till our pick.

I think I heard that Mingo was coming out.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
This TE class seems pretty deep with late 1st round to 2nd round talent,

1st Round

1. Tyler Eifert, reminds of Tony Gonzalez the way he leaps and blocks out.
2. Zach Ertz, reminds me of a more physical Fleener.

2nd Round

3. Joseph Fauria, is just plain massive.
4. Dion Sims
5. Levine Toiliolo

I wouldn't spend a 2nd round pick on any of those guys.

I agree, if your taking a TE in the top 2 rounds, you really need a game changer. None of those guys are that. Joseph Fauria is tall, a great redzone target, and thats it. I've watched a good amount of film on him, and he seriously looks like nobody has taught him how to bend his knees and use his lower body. I saw one play against Stanford, their LB(#43) literally ran right over Fauria. He doesn't seem very athletic to me at all, terrible blocker IMO. I'm just hoping some of those Juniors declare, I like Gavin Escobar and CJ Fiedorowitz better than Zach Ertz. Tyler Eifert is simply in his own class, his style of play is PERFECT for Jay. I would not be opposed to selecting him with our 1st round pick.
Emery has shown the ability to surprise everyone so who knows for sure, but I would wager that he will not take a TE or a tackle with a first round pick. After hearing his praise of Jonathon Scott and believing he has expectation that Carimi will be fully healed and the progress of Webb, I am confirmed in my opinion. A trade down is pretty reasonable although I would take Barrett Jones, if possible, in the second contingent on his operation's findings and results.

If that knocks him down further and he can't play for a while that wouldn't stop me from taking him. He could nail down our center for the next decade and Garza might have another good year in him at this point.

I also think we need another WR more than a TE since we rarely throw to the latter.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
This TE class seems pretty deep with late 1st round to 2nd round talent,

1st Round

1. Tyler Eifert, reminds of Tony Gonzalez the way he leaps and blocks out.
2. Zach Ertz, reminds me of a more physical Fleener.

2nd Round

3. Joseph Fauria, is just plain massive.
4. Dion Sims
5. Levine Toiliolo

I wouldn't spend a 2nd round pick on any of those guys.

Here is the questions I am wrestling with,

If TE and OL are or biggest needs that we look to upgrade what scenario would you prefer,

1. OG Jonathan Cooper (UNC) 6'3" 320lbs
2. TE Joseph Fauria (UCLA) 6'7" 265lbs.

Or

1. TE Tyler Eifert (Notre Dame) 6'6" 250lbs.
2. OG Larry Warford (Kentucky) 6'3" 343lbs.

Neither lol...

As much as we need a TE I wouldn't reach for one...if we could get Cooper then Ertz great...if not then I would add a LB or CB before reaching on a TE.

Yea I agree. We could use a top prospect TE, but what we NEED is a competent TE. Those can be had in FA for what we are paying Kellen Davis ($3M) or less.

I am biased but still holding out hope that Seattle cuts former Sun Devil Zach Miller this offseason. He is due $6.8M next year plus a $3M roster bonus, and he has just 51 catches in 26 games in a miscast role in Seattle after averaging 56 rec. and 678 yards per season in Oakland. He is also an excellent blocker and will only be 27 next year. That kind of player is exactly what we need at TE IMO.
I would think they will restructure that contract and he might go for it since Seattle is a team on the rise. Unless they have viable options. What would we have to pay him though? Any contract with a 9.8, oh, hell, TEN millions payout in it must have been pretty huge.
malak1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any love for taking a flyer on Seantrel Henderson? He was HIGHLY touted out of high school. I don't see why not.
DaMike

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

malak1 wrote:
Any love for taking a flyer on Seantrel Henderson? He was HIGHLY touted out of high school. I don't see why not.
He hasn't declared.
DaMike

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's early but with the way things look I really hope we trade down in round 1. If we can grab some 2nd's and 3rd's we could fill a lot of holes. This is a pretty deep draft for what we need.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
I know it's early but with the way things look I really hope we trade down in round 1. If we can grab some 2nd's and 3rd's we could fill a lot of holes. This is a pretty deep draft for what we need.
I believe the same thing.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
DaMike wrote:
I believe the same thing.

Agreed. Would really help to recoup the pick we traded away for Marshall. If we could trade down to late 1st or early 2nd, gain a 2 or 3 and draft someone like MLB Minter of LSU, Cooper, Eifert or even CB Johnathan Banks I would be thrilled. Especially if we can address our needs in FA too to where we have less immediate impact needs to be filled.

GRRLacher wrote:
ChiSportsFan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
malak1 wrote:
He hasn't declared.

And he shouldn't. He's solely gonna be a RT in the NFL. Massive disappointment after being the #1 recruit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 23 of 32

Jump to: