Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Roman, Vangio, Gamble, Seely, Tomsula, Donatell...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
I was on the jets forum and they said gamble blew his interview. He already turned down jaguars 2nd interview opportunity, and isn't believed to be in the running for any other job.

None of our coaches have been interviewed either- and any team could have interviewed them during our bye week. Looks like league interest is now low in our coaches and front office people.

I think Roman heads to Jax.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Roman out so bad some time he's a freshman genius and other times it's like I'm watching Jimmy Rae all over again

49ersfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roman is connected with both the Chargers and Jaguars new GM's.

I don't really mind keeping or losing Roman, but i really don't want to lose any of our defensive assistants. If we progress deeper into the playoffs its going to be harder to replace guys like Donatell and Tomsula so i wouldn't be surprised if we block them from interviewing for a DC job.
Miami49er

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the way people want Greg Roman gone, you would think he was Jimmy Raye or Jim Hostler.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami49er wrote:
the way people want Greg Roman gone, you would think he was Jimmy Raye or Jim Hostler.

haha.
he calls some great, innovative run plays. would be cool if we had 2 oc's, one who was more specialized with pass plays and roman for the run. i know it will never happen though. just a thought though

new sig... sorry alex
rudyZ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami49er wrote:

Yeah, Roman isn't bad at all. And there's no way to even know if the playcalls we don't like are from him, yet we pin it on him every single time. Fans will only ever be happy once our QB has a 158.3 QB rating every game, and our RBs run for 100 yards every game, and Crabtree and VD both get 100 yards a 2 TDs every game. There's no pleasing everyone. The fact is, we've been rushing for over 130 yards per game, and had a combined QB rating of around 100, and those are signs that our offense has been very good, and that Roman has done a very good job, overall. Did the Pats want to fire Josh McDaniels after their first half against us? No. Even a great offense can have bad moments and inconsistencies. I think we're simply overreacting when we want Roman gone. And ironically, the same that have been very vocal about letting him go will probably be singing a few praises here and there once he leaves.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
49ersfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Miami49er wrote:

Yeah, Roman isn't bad at all. And there's no way to even know if the playcalls we don't like are from him, yet we pin it on him every single time. Fans will only ever be happy once our QB has a 158.3 QB rating every game, and our RBs run for 100 yards every game, and Crabtree and VD both get 100 yards a 2 TDs every game. There's no pleasing everyone. The fact is, we've been rushing for over 130 yards per game, and had a combined QB rating of around 100, and those are signs that our offense has been very good, and that Roman has done a very good job, overall. Did the Pats want to fire Josh McDaniels after their first half against us? No. Even a great offense can have bad moments and inconsistencies. I think we're simply overreacting when we want Roman gone. And ironically, the same that have been very vocal about letting him go will probably be singing a few praises here and there once he leaves.

I think we'd be fine with/without Roman mainly because this is Harbaugh's offense. My main gripe with Roman is trick plays at wrong times- reverse in a rainy field in the NFCCG, the option against the Rams, etc.

In the end we got what we've all been complaining for years- a talented and creative playcaller who maximizes the strength of our QB's. But every fan hates their OC....we have it better than most.
757-NINER

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even put the onus on Roman. Its the whole OC by committee aproach that I think at times, has the offense dis-jointed and lacking a certain flow. JH has said he can veto any play-call and guys like Chryst have made calls in games before.This is a byproduct of his days at Stanford, where Roman would call the running plays and David Shaw was the passing coordinator. That type of committee approach may work at the college level but it just seems like a case of too many chefs in the kitchen this year.

We've lost our identity as a offensive team. Last year we were a physical, mauling offense in the trenches. Now we've slowly becoming a finesse team. We've drifted away from last year's mantra of protect the ball, time of possession, power-run team. Suddenly that wasn't good enough. And that was evident from the QB change. We wanted a more dynamic passing attack. Made a QB switch. Incoperated more "gadget/finesse" plays. More read option because of CK and spread looks to accommodate all these new weapons we have. We lost that smash-mouth mentality in the process. That phyiscalness we played with and put on display every game last year has been missing for extended periods of time this year, especially since CK has been the starter. That makes us more susceptible to getting out-physicaled, like we saw from the Giants and the 'Hawks. The Hawks did to us what we normally do to other teams. This offense has no real identity, even this late into the year. Most teams know who they are at this point. One drive, I think Chip Kelly is the OC. Next drive, it looks like its Marty Ball. There is no cohensive offensive flow to the play-calls....no identity to why we do, what we do, and when we do it. Its my biggest worry for this team, heading into our first playoff game.

But enough of my ranting, Roman to me isn't a great NFL HC canidate. Not yet anyways. Doesn't mean he won't get a shot. He's probably a guy who would benefit taking over a college program first...which I still think might be a possibility, and cutting his teeth there before heading up a NFL franchise. I think he's a sharp mind who just needs a little more seasoning before he's ready. It will be interesting to see where he ends up after its all said and done.
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

757-NINER wrote:
We've lost our identity as a offensive team. Last year we were a physical, mauling offense in the trenches. Now we've slowly becoming a finesse team. We've drifted away from last year's mantra of protect the ball, time of possession, power-run team. Suddenly that wasn't good enough. And that was evident from the QB change. We wanted a more dynamic passing attack. Made a QB switch. Incoperated more "gadget/finesse" plays. More read option because of CK and spread looks to accommodate all these new weapons we have. We lost that smash-mouth mentality in the process. That phyiscalness we played with and put on display every game last year has been missing for extended periods of time this year, especially since CK has been the starter. That makes us more susceptible to getting out-physicaled, like we saw from the Giants and the 'Hawks. The Hawks did to us what we normally do to other teams. This offense has no real identity, even this late into the year. Most teams know who they are at this point. One drive, I think Chip Kelly is the OC. Next drive, it looks like its Marty Ball. There is no cohensive offensive flow to the play-calls....no identity to why we do, what we do, and when we do it. Its my biggest worry for this team, heading into our first playoff game.

Agree with your assessment of our Offense I do. Establish the run once again, we must. Opportunity to limit opposing Offensive possessions it will bring...
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the Jags signing Bradley it looks like we get to keep our staff in tact another year. Dancing

Roman baffles me once in a while, but this is tremendous for Kaep's growth.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
With the Jags signing Bradley it looks like we get to keep our staff in tact another year. Dancing

Not only are we now more likely to keep our coaching staff intact, but our division rival is weakened. David Caldwell is boss.

SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:

Not only are we now more likely to keep our coaching staff intact, but our division rival is weakened. David Caldwell is boss.

Let's just hope Seattle promotes from within, and doesn't try and take Tomsula or Donatell.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:

Let's just hope Seattle promotes from within, and doesn't try and take Tomsula or Donatell.

I hope Donatell and Tomsula hate Caroll just as much as we all do. I'd be more afraid of losing Donatell if the packers fired Capers. When they won the superbowl, Donatell was their DB coach, and their DBs picked balls left and right that year, making their defense very good at times (fierce pass rush + opportunistic DBs = success). And there's still the cards who don't have a coach. I'm sure Donatell would love to work with someone like PP. We all love Tomsula, but I'm not sure a lot of people really know him that much. Being just a position coach, no one really knows about his Xs and Os and what kind of plays he'd call in-game.

Swift21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:

We can deny permission for that to happen.

Sig credit goes to IDOG_det
SoS wrote:
Pete is just an arrogant wanna-be Jim Harbaugh but he's just not as smart.
Smile
UofMfan909

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and Seattle hires from within

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=511104

All is good in the world, pending Card's hire...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: