Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Quarterback depth
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4evera9er

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cHaInBrEaKeRiii wrote:
I want us to sign Sanchez as our back up qb if the coaches think if Tolzien cant do the job. I think Harbaugh will do something out of Sanchez. He'll be a decent back up imo....

Much as it pains me to say this after we all saw how he played this season, I think Mark Sanchez is still a starter in this league. We saw his ceiling in his first two seasons, but if you put him in a team that is ready to compete then I think he has the potential to take them far. He did nothing to earn a starting job this year, but I think he needs to go to a team where he has a legitimate shot of earning it, whether that be NYC or elsewhere.
4evera9er

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
zmspartan82 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/2013/fa/track.html

Quote:

Vince Young FA

Why do I see Harbaugh going after him?[/b]

Because people wrongly assume Harbaugh is a magician, and he could take any athletic QB and turn him into something good. As I said, it's a wrong assumption. Harbaugh isn't looking for a QB that can outrun defenders, or can throw the ball a mile. He's looking for "athletic instinct", a quality an athlete has to instinctively accomplish which is necessary to make a play. Look at Kaepernick's ability to throw on the run, for example, or how he can outmuscle the arm tackle of a would-be sacker. Vince young is just a good athlete playing quarterback, and if Harbaugh had had an opportunity to draft him, he would probably have passed. Harbaugh cannot teach him instincts in the pocket. He cannot teach him accuracy and ball placement. Harbaugh can only put a QB in a position to succeed, teach him what keys to read in a defense, and tailor plays to take advantage of a QB's strengths.

So no, I doubt we go for Vince Young.

This as well as the fact that I don't think Vince Young would have the capacity to learn our playbook.

And, just in my opinion, I'd like to keep Tolzien but I'd like him to compete with Matt Moore for the number two job.
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/2013/fa/track.html

Quote:
Joe Flacco BAL definitely a stretch but yeah

Tarvaris Jackson BUF

Tyler Thigpen BUF

Derek Anderson CAR

Jason Campbell CHI capable backup

Josh McCown CHI

Bruce Gradkowski CIN capable backup

Rudy Carpenter DAL

Richard Bartel ARZ Restricted

John Beck FA

David Garrard FA

Stephen McGee FA

Donovan McNabb FA

Billy Volek SD capable backup

Vince Young FA

Drew Stanton IND

Brady Quinn KC

Matt Moore MIA Best option out of them all IMO

Chase Daniel NO

David Carr NYG WE WANT CARR!!! WE WANT CARR!!! Laughing Laughing

Matt Leinart OAK

Charlie Batch PIT

Byron Leftwich PIT

Rex Grossman WAS
The bolded are ones I'd consider. Except for Carr, That was obviously a joke. Laughing

Thanks to Peppers90 on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
LANiner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we have tons of picks this year we could just use one on danother qb for depth guy from.Virginia tech rings a bell super athletic raw and inaccurate but I trust in Jim to work out the kinks in this guy's mechanics

rudyZ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LANiner wrote:
we have tons of picks this year we could just use one on danother qb for depth guy from.Virginia tech rings a bell super athletic raw and inaccurate but I trust in Jim to work out the kinks in this guy's mechanics

Isn't he a junior? He shouldn't come out early. And it's not just mechanics, his problem. He makes terrible decisions at time.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
ninerfanwheelz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
LANiner wrote:

Isn't he a junior? He shouldn't come out early. And it's not just mechanics, his problem. He makes terrible decisions at time.

Yeah, I'll pass on Logan Thomas. I believe he's staying anyways

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
I hear within 5 years the fans at Jags games will be able to vote via Twitter on the in-game playcalls.
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
LANiner wrote:

He's just terrible. I really thought this was his year, but I was dead wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
LANiner wrote:

Virginia Tech QBs suck. Aside from Vick there hasn't really been a big name QB come from there since him.

Thanks to Peppers90 on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
NinerNation21

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
LANiner wrote:

Virginia Tech QBs suck. Aside from Vick there hasn't really been a big name QB come from there since him.

I really hate to say it but its kinda true. Althought Tyrod Taylor could develop into a decent QB, I dont see him becoming a solid starter.

Thomas could become a really good QB but Frank Beamer and company are horrid at grooming QB's. Thomas has a long way to go but he is getting no help at all from offensive talent and coaching too. Harbaugh would do wonders for him though. Thomas has all the physical tools you could ever ask for. He just needs to get it right upstairs. He needs better teachers too.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd really like to bring Josh Johnson back. His play in pre-season and seasons past is at the very least the level of a third string QB. Plus, JJ knows Harbaugh and should be fairly comfy with the offense.

I like Tolzein though. I don't think QB is a huge need. If I were to draft a QB it'd be in the later rounds 5-7.

xsaMainevent on the sig
NinerNation21

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John232 wrote:
I'd really like to bring Josh Johnson back. His play in pre-season and seasons past is at the very least the level of a third string QB. Plus, JJ knows Harbaugh and should be fairly comfy with the offense.

I like Tolzein though. I don't think QB is a huge need. If I were to draft a QB it'd be in the later rounds 5-7.

I agree with all of this. I think Tolzein is capable enough to be their #2 and someone like Johnson will provide some needed veteran presence. I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on a project QB in the later rounds. We have 5 picks between rounds 6 and 7. Thats not including possible comp picks either.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John232 wrote:

I was thinking this as well. I think JJ has a lot of untapped potential. He has some of the best footwork you'll see from any QB in the pocket. He would benefit from a couple of seasons under JH as this level. Unfortunately, the Brown's signed him right before week 17 so he'll spend all off-season under contract in Cleveland.
Italian49erFan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I jump on the Tolzien bandwagon too: he has the skills, the intelligence and the tools to be a very solid back-up behind Kaep...third string: I'd like more a veteran, maybe someone on his last leg but eventually capable to deliver very good performance for limited time (Jason Campbell, would do...but Carlson Palmer too)...on a last note, please please please do not trade Alex inside our division...if he ever went to the cardinals, he would play his soul out to beat us two times a year...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: