Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

my first mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RG25

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: my first mock Reply with quote

Well I decided to do a mock. Let me know how I did, I'm not that good with this kind of stuff so any advice would be good. thanks

Released/Traded/Not Signed:

Ryan Grant
Cedric Benson
Jarrett Boykin
Brad Jones
Erik Walden

Greg Jennings- Tagged, traded for Miami's 2nd Rd pick

Donald Driver(retires)- decides to call it quits after a great career
Charles Woodson(retires)- same as DD

Resigned:

Sam Shields CB
One of my favorite Packer players, very young and will play great for the Packers for a long time.

Dujuan Harris RB
A solid RB that will make a great backup and 3rd down back.

Tom Crabtree TE
IMO a very under rated TE who hasn't reached his full potential yet.

Robert Francois LB

Evan Detriech-Smith C
Has played great so far at center and I'd be happy to see him stay awhile in Green Bay.

Jeremy Ross WR
Very reliable in the return game, could eventually become a solid WR on this team.

Frank Zombo OLB
Has played good when needed to but needs to increase his strength if he wants a long term career.

2013 NFL Draft:

RD1-32. Barrett Jones OL Alabama

6'5" 311 lbs
A very good player that will start right away on the line and can play many positions.

RD2-44(from Miami). Le'Veon Bell RB Michigan State

6'2" 238 lbs
Has great size and can pound on a defense all game. Had 1600 yards and 11 TD's this year.

RD2-64. Eric Reid SS LSU

6'2" 212 lbs
TT decides to dip back into the SEC to select Charles Woodson's replacement at S. A solid, hard hitting tackler who will instantly help our secondary.

RD3-96. Kenny Stills WR Oklahoma

6'1" 189 lbs
A very consistent WR this year. He totaled 11 receiving TD's this year. Could push for the #4 spot at receiver of Jeremy Ross.

RD4-128. Kyle Long T Oregon

6'7" 311 lbs
He was great at protecting his QB last year while opening running lanes for the backs, will add depth to the oline.

RD5-160. Zac Dysert QB Miami of Ohio

6'4 228 lbs
The next McCarthy project and plus we need a better backup than Harrell.

RD6-192. Steve Greer LB Virginia

6'2" 230 lbs
Could be a solid back up for the Packers, needs to gain some weight if he wants to play inside, if not he could move to OLB.

RD7-224. Roy Roundtree WR Michigan

6'0" 177 lbs
IMO he could be a real sleeper in this years draft. Had an off year this year but it doesn't help that he doesn't have a real QB Laughing . Needs to put on some weight though.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would rather have Walden than Zombo, and Jones than Francois...
Maybe if you switch Reid and Bell...
The Kuhn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
Would rather have Walden than Zombo, and Jones than Francois...
Maybe if you switch Reid and Bell...

I was thinking the same. Not big on Bell that high but I actually wouldn't argue with a RB in the 2nd. I'd going

Bernard
Randle
Lacy
Taylor
And maybe even Ball,
Before I go with Bell

IMO, there's better value in guys like Mike Gillislee or Jonathan Franklin in the 4th. Just my 2cents!

Jones and Walden will come relatively cheap and are upgrades over Zombo and Francois Currently, we have younger options than Francois on the roster and I won't lose any sleep if we cut Zombo either.
gizmo2012

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who thinks Miami or any other team will give up a 2nd to get Greg Jennings for 1 year guaranteed just ruins their mock draft. Barrett Jones would be a great pick in R1 but I very much doubt he will be available, Bell getting drated 44 is way too high and he will likley be there late in the round when the Packers pick, Reid will be long gone by the end of R2, no DL drafted is an issue and no TE is an issue.
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
Anyone who thinks Miami or any other team will give up a 2nd to get Greg Jennings for 1 year guaranteed just ruins their mock draft. Barrett Jones would be a great pick in R1 but I very much doubt he will be available, Bell getting drated 44 is way too high and he will likley be there late in the round when the Packers pick, Reid will be long gone by the end of R2, no DL drafted is an issue and no TE is an issue.

We have heard this song and dance a lot. You are not getting him for 1 year, he will sign a long term deal as part of any tag and trade, that is how it has always worked. GJ has a game that will age well too. He is not reliant on top end speed, he relies on precision and just being quick in his breaks, much like DD. GJ probably has 3 years of excellent football in him and then 2 years in a complimenty role. Stud recievers are not easy to find, especially those that can contribute day 1. You add in GJs clean character and relatively durable past, excluding this year with the mis-diagnoses abdominal that was not his fault, and he is probably available for quite a few more games this season.

In SHORT, WE DISAGREE WITH YOU, so get over it and get past that critique. We get it and we know your position on it. No one cares if you or some else ends up being right about it either. Laughing It is more fun to include the trade because it is plausible and it allows us to discuss more players. It does not ruin the mock at all, it just includes a wrinkle you disagree with, and that is not ruining it at all for anyone else.

As for the mock itself: I think you are over valuing Bell, but we will see how he runs. I just do not like the fit myself. I like Taylor, Ball and Lacy much more in this fit, and I like some of the other values later as well.

I like Reid a lot.

Someone mentioned your FA keeps, Jones IS NOT going to be cheap to keep around. He is making himself some coin this year. Not a huge signing for some team, but more expensive then I think TT will be willing to spend to bring back what will be a back up LBer and a STer. They have Jones replacements on this roster for cheap as well. (Manning, Walden- who I do not think is a FA this offseason, Smith)

Depends on the contract for Crabs. It is not like this team will not have his replacement on the team for next camp already as well. (Quarless and Taylor)

I do not like going that high on a C/OG prospect especially when you already have players there going into next year that can start. I will not be upset at all with Jones, but spare me the cartwheels as well.

If Greer comes to GB, I want him on the inside as a back up and STer. Solid football player there but I do not think he has much of a cieling either.

Roundtree is good where you have him, I just wish this draft had some playmakers in it. Aside from Reid, I really do not see anybody that is a gamebreaker at all. Because of that, it is not a very sexy draft.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:
I just wish this draft had some playmakers in it. Aside from Reid, I really do not see anybody that is a gamebreaker at all. Because of that, it is not a very sexy draft.
Yeah, definitely needs more sexy
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bell just reminds me of other B1G bowlers that struggled mightily in the NFL. Stills is a complete tool.

The rest seems pretty good, wouldn't be mad.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

like the draft aside from the 2nd RB. TT probably still has a bad taste in his mouth from B-Jack so unless there is a game breaker there i doubt he goes RB early. personally with the RB position becoming a committee of hodge podge of players i wouldn't be surprised if we dont' draft any RBs.

i like Walden and Jones as depth players. are they under contract? if they cost to much obviously i'm not advocating we over pay but i think they are good depth. plus you only drafted 1 other LBer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: