Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TACT IX: Occupy Valley Ranch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matts4313

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TO7 - who is that guy who just started following me on twitter? I dont know him, but he has you listed as well.

I just logged on for the first time in a month or two - fighting with Tim McMahon Laughing

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
TO7 - who is that guy who just started following me on twitter? I dont know him, but he has you listed as well.

I just logged on for the first time in a month or two - fighting with Tim McMahon Laughing

Most likely that's FM.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.. So you guys know that I like to get a lot of the articles I post off of another Cowboy website. This was an exchange that just happened. Literally, this was just posted:

Quote:
I am new on here, but I detect very much a drawn line beyween those that:

A. Think Garrett is Jerry's puppet

and

B. Those that think Jerry and Jason are gonna work some magic together.

Is this fair?

Quote:
B. is more people realize jones has issues but are tired of it dominating every single conversation out there. mention is and you are a sunshine pumper.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see that Cowboy Fans are dysfunctional everywhere.

In Redball I Trust!
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Whether we're functional or dysfunctional, the only thing that really matters is that we're all regular.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Whether we're functional or dysfunctional, the only thing that really matters is that we're all regular.

Except HT. I am pretty sure he needs to drink Prune Juice in the morning to help.

In Redball I Trust!
htfryar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Except HT. I am pretty sure he needs to drink Prune Juice in the morning to help.

Nope. I'm not old enough to start having irregularity problems.

Just got back from meeting with my knee surgeon. I go under the knife on Wednesday, January 23 @ 11:30am. He wanted to do it on the 16th, but I said no. My son's birthday is the 19th. I didn't wanna be hobbling around on crutches at his party.

Arkansas Razorback DE Trey Flowers 2014 Stat Tracker - 26 tackles, 4 TFL, 1 sack, 1 Forced Fumble, 3 Pass Break Ups
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More shootings at a HS in California.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taz and others - need some advice

Looking for a .38 special revolver for the house along with a 45. Any advice? recommendations? The 38 special will be for home defense and Gun Range while the 45 will be carried under Castle Law and used at the range and in home defense as well.

If I'm not CC the .38 I don't think I need a snub nose but I would think it's more of a "point-and-shoot" which would work well for the wife. The revolver also makes it simpler and just a trigger pull fix if a misfire happens vs. a jam or having to rack the slide.

Sig courtesy of mack.
textaz03

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:

Looking for a .38 special revolver for the house along with a 45. Any advice? recommendations? The 38 special will be for home defense and Gun Range while the 45 will be carried under Castle Law and used at the range and in home defense as well.

If I'm not CC the .38 I don't think I need a snub nose but I would think it's more of a "point-and-shoot" which would work well for the wife. The revolver also makes it simpler and just a trigger pull fix if a misfire happens vs. a jam or having to rack the slide.
for the .38, check out Colt or Taurus. Not a fan if .38's at all though. No stopping power what so ever. You would have to dump all 6 rounds into the perp.

.45's are great. ESP the 1911 by any maker. But, if you want a different design, I prefer Glocks and Sigs!! One thing about .45's is cost. One of the most expensive calibers out there and the ammo is expensive as well.

I prefer .40's. I carry a Glock 23 as my duty weapon and as my off duty weapon. I love it! Great weapon. Cost effective all around.

Best thing to remember, is to find a weapon that fits your hand and is comfortable. All handguns are point and shoot. They are an extension of your finger. If it fits in your hand correctly and is comfortable, you will hit your target every time! Everything else is trigger pull and breathing

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

for the .38, check out Colt or Taurus. Not a fan if .38's at all though. No stopping power what so ever. You would have to dump all 6 rounds into the perp.

.45's are great. ESP the 1911 by any maker. But, if you want a different design, I prefer Glocks and Sigs!! One thing about .45's is cost. One of the most expensive calibers out there and the ammo is expensive as well.

I prefer .40's. I carry a Glock 23 as my duty weapon and as my off duty weapon. I love it! Great weapon. Cost effective all around.

Best thing to remember, is to find a weapon that fits your hand and is comfortable. All handguns are point and shoot. They are an extension of your finger. If it fits in your hand correctly and is comfortable, you will hit your target every time! Everything else is trigger pull and breathing

My concern that led to a 38 special is I want it to hit and stay, not go through and through, and I definitely don't want it going through a wall and having enough energy to hurt something else (daughter's room is towarsd the front). With a 38 special and a hollow point, I thought it'd be enough to put him down but I am a complete novice.

I really liked the Springfield XD-40 and have nothign against the 40 cal - I love the 1911's and Glocks are solid as well.

My pistol experience is limited to a Redhawk and a Blackhawk as well as a XD-40 compact. Needless to say it's probably 100-150 rounds and my wife has 0

Sig courtesy of mack.
textaz03

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
textaz03 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

My concern that led to a 38 special is I want it to hit and stay, not go through and through, and I definitely don't want it going through a wall and having enough energy to hurt something else (daughter's room is towarsd the front). With a 38 special and a hollow point, I thought it'd be enough to put him down but I am a complete novice.

I really liked the Springfield XD-40 and have nothign against the 40 cal - I love the 1911's and Glocks are solid as well.

My pistol experience is limited to a Redhawk and a Blackhawk as well as a XD-40 compact. Needless to say it's probably 100-150 rounds and my wife has 0
if your worried about through and throughs, look at 9 mills. They have the stopping power, but not the knock down of .40 and up. Sig, Glock, or Springfield sub compact models. Not full sized but not small like a snub. M & P's are another excellent model to look at.

Ace5

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what has stopping power? anything 9% ABV that calls itself beer. Wolf in sheep's clothes.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - preciate the insight

Sig courtesy of mack.
textaz03

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Thanks - preciate the insight
no prob

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 48 of 100

Jump to: