Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Raider Watch Mock Draft (Jan.) V.6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chali21

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if those transactions would happen. I think we will lose more people than we gain and most of those guys are starters.

However if that were to play out that way I'd be ecstatic.
La_Vader

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the first round pick
La_Vader

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good try..
Chali21

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

La_Vader wrote:

Why don't you like the first round?
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agarcia34 wrote:
Quote:
Absolutely, however the 2013 NFL Draft is weak at DT & DE

Serious?

This draft class is stacked at DT and DE.

I dont get what people see in Joeckel is he good yeah. But he is a average athlete who doesn't do a good job in the run game.

If Jones is gone Werner and Moore are by far better picks.

The Raiders need a impact Pass rusher who can play now. There not gonna get it threw FA they need to get it with that first round pick.

And why would the Eagles take a OT there getting a top 5 OT back from injury in Peters

There isn't one DL without question marks currently. That could change if Star puts up an outrageous bench press. I'm very impressed with Moore overall but he lacks elite quickness and has a smaller frame. I have questions about Werner's game transitioning in the NFL. None of these DEs are Von Miller. Overall I like all 3 prospects just not at 3 and not as much as DT Sheldon Richardson. The Raiders DO need an edge rusher now but absent an elite 43 DE I'm not an advocate of reaching while passing on elite talent.

You don't cutblock the way Joeckel does and not have athleticism. Joeckel is at least as athletic as Joe Thomas. I haven't witnessed any weaknesses in his run blocking. Coming off back to back Achilles injuries LT definitely has to be on Philly's radar.

All of the Raiders deficiencies cannot be addressed in one off-season.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
I got as far as Carmichael and stopped. We can only interview him if Saints give permission, which they probably won't. If they do he wouldn't come here anyway I would say. Going from working with Brees to Pyror/Palmer? Ugh. He'll stick with Saints unless he gets a HC job.

His contract with the Saints is over, he's free to talk with anyone.

And Bagga, why would we keep DMC if we keep the ZBS? He obviously lacks the vision and patience to run in that scheme. We can't keep both.

Good question. What blocking scheme the Raiders use in 2013 is undetermined. Regardless in an off-season with so much eminent turnover I believe the best way to handle DMC is to let his contract play out regardless of scheme and look for the compensatory pick in 2015. Again, (not to you perse) the Raiders should have traded DMC when his value was high last off-season when I got hammered for blasphemy (ahem, rundmc21).
La_Vader

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
La_Vader wrote:

Why don't you like the first round?

I just don't like the idea of taking a prospect at LT when we already have a good young LT. This isn't madden and players just can't shift from one position to the other, and expect to excel. I think this one of the Raiders errors of the years, thinking they can teach players to thrive in other roles ala Robert Galley, Kirk Morrison
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
I was really high on Lewan. still am. However I think Lewan HAS to be in ZBS while Joeckel can be in either. I guess the best comparison would be Joeckel & Lewan v Clowney. Game Over . . . .

Lewan is stronger than Joeckel though and I think he's more scheme versatile too.

Let's move back a few slots, acquire another pick or two, select Lewan in the first round and Kyle Long in the third or fourth and we have a solid young offensive line.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Man. These mocks are getting so cliche. Everyone has Hawthorne, Mauti, Quan Smith and the URFA Cocker in them. Why not Boyett?

I don't like Joeckle with Veldheer being a decent LT.

The defense lacks playmakers are every position and the solution is to draft Oline w/ the first 2 picks? No thanks! Need some fresh blood on D.

w00t a draftnik! Boyett had a great year he's just small for me although I really like his athleticism. I never heard of him before Stoney Brook.

Since when does being "decent" preclude someones position in the draft? Yes Veldheer is OK at LT. I think he can be great at RT. Yes Wiz was OK at LG. I think he can be great at OC.

The Raiders defense is abysmal and definitely needs an infusion of youth however all of the Raiders deficiencies cannot be addressed in one off-season. The Raiders need to take the BPA at 3.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:

Lewan is stronger than Joeckel though and I think he's more scheme versatile too.

Let's move back a few slots, acquire another pick or two, select Lewan in the first round and Kyle Long in the third or fourth and we have a solid young offensive line.

How do you know Lewan is stronger than Joeckel???

I'm all for moving back, but why is everyone so high on Kyle Long who didn't even start?
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to stop and post this when I read that you wanted to re-sign Matt Leinart.

WHAT???

Ok, I'm going back to read the rest of it now. Laughing

Raider X hooked me with the sig
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if we are letting a known quantity at TE walk because of supposed poor blocking skills, then why are we going to sign a free agent with the same problem? I would much rather keep Myers because we know that he can get open, catch the ball and move the chains.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
agarcia34

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:
Quote:
Absolutely, however the 2013 NFL Draft is weak at DT & DE

Serious?

This draft class is stacked at DT and DE.

I dont get what people see in Joeckel is he good yeah. But he is a average athlete who doesn't do a good job in the run game.

If Jones is gone Werner and Moore are by far better picks.

The Raiders need a impact Pass rusher who can play now. There not gonna get it threw FA they need to get it with that first round pick.

And why would the Eagles take a OT there getting a top 5 OT back from injury in Peters

There isn't one DL without question marks currently. That could change if Star puts up an outrageous bench press. I'm very impressed with Moore overall but he lacks elite quickness and has a smaller frame. I have questions about Werner's game transitioning in the NFL. None of these DEs are Von Miller. Overall I like all 3 prospects just not at 3 and not as much as DT Sheldon Richardson. The Raiders DO need an edge rusher now but absent an elite 43 DE I'm not an advocate of reaching while passing on elite talent.

You don't cutblock the way Joeckel does and not have athleticism. Joeckel is at least as athletic as Joe Thomas. I haven't witnessed any weaknesses in his run blocking. Coming off back to back Achilles injuries LT definitely has to be on Philly's radar.

All of the Raiders deficiencies cannot be addressed in one off-season.

But you have to address the biggest problem on the team. Picking a OT is a luxury we cant afford that. Please tell me who is gonna provide a pass rush for us? At least we have we have a very solid LT already. Cant say we have a solid pass rusher right now. I gotta believe Reggie is smart enough to realize it. How's is it reaching when Werner is top at his position and has the numbers to back it up.
holyghost

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
I got as far as Carmichael and stopped. We can only interview him if Saints give permission, which they probably won't. If they do he wouldn't come here anyway I would say. Going from working with Brees to Pyror/Palmer? Ugh. He'll stick with Saints unless he gets a HC job.

His contract is expired. You need permission while moving laterally from team to team only if you are under contract. He isn't.

Shoulda read further, someone else said it.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
So if we are letting a known quantity at TE walk because of supposed poor blocking skills, then why are we going to sign a free agent with the same problem? I would much rather keep Myers because we know that he can get open, catch the ball and move the chains.

Good point. Myers offers NOTHING in terms of YAC, short area elusiveness or tackle breaking. In CarMichael's offense runblocking is less of a necessity however Myers, who didn't create his own space and is more or less a product of a jettisoned Knapp's system, will want a raise based on last year's performance. Which TE most closely emulates NO's Jimmy Graham?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: