Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New Offensive Coordinator
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Whomever they have their eye on is likely coaching this weekend.

Allen has ties w/ Denver's staff and Atlanta's in some respect.

Reggie has ties to GB.

My guess is we see a relatively new name at the position. I just don't think the Raiders will break bank for a big name.

The two guys that meet both old teams and teams in playoffs would be Hill and Robiskie.

Personally I think he is hoping for Carmichael and it aint going to happen.

Kromer, Mularky, Hill, Robiskie are runner ups.

I really like the idea of Karl Dorrel though.

QB coach of Houston? No thanks. Too soon for that IMO. Tried that w/ Knapp. I'm all for staying away from the Houston style offense with the talent the Raiders have.

Basically McFadden it sounds like. The OL needed time to gel in a ZBS. They might've gotten there with time and better coaching. Seriously, even this year with better playcalling the offense would have been infinitely better. I'm not advocating a specific scheme but I really think Knapp was the biggest problem. McFadden is the only one who really doesn't fit a ZBS.

I agree and disagree. At times the players didn't execute. Missed blocks upfront and too many dropped balls. Needs an influx of talent.

Not really what I was saying, but still true none the less. I was just saying that McFadden was the only real piece that didn't fit.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still like Mike Mularkey for OC. I just want a guy who going to be here for awhile. Look at the Giants with Kevin Gilbride, horrible HC but he's a very solid OC, having him as play caller for so long, building that stability, they won championships. After bringing in a guy like Mularkey, then we can just focus on getter better overall talent. That system will be in place, a proven system that has had success in the NFL.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Reggie has ties to GB.

My guess is we see a relatively new name at the position. I just don't think the Raiders will break bank for a big name.

The two guys that meet both old teams and teams in playoffs would be Hill and Robiskie.

QB coach of Houston? No thanks. Too soon for that IMO. Tried that w/ Knapp. I'm all for staying away from the Houston style offense with the talent the Raiders have.

Basically McFadden it sounds like. The OL needed time to gel in a ZBS. They might've gotten there with time and better coaching. Seriously, even this year with better playcalling the offense would have been infinitely better. I'm not advocating a specific scheme but I really think Knapp was the biggest problem. McFadden is the only one who really doesn't fit a ZBS.

With all due respect I totally disagree. Knapp took a WR corps that collectively looks like a track team with a vertical bent and gave them in routes and site reads. Most egregiously he took a true pocket passer with a reconstructed knee and have him roll out. Knapp attempted to make Myers an in-line blocker and failed miserably. And he costs the teams wins by not implementing his system slowly.

As far as Dorrell is concerned, absolutely not. I believe Houston's offense has been exposed. It's not all that. It's not explosive, it doesn't spread the field, it's somewhat plodding and it isn't conducive to come back from behind. In addition, Dorrell doesn't have nearly enough time in.
Raidin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with Houstons offenive, as well as every offensive is that you are only as good as your QB an Schuab is not a very good QB.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bagga, I'm just talking strictly PBS vs ZBS

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Among other things...
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Bagga, I'm just talking strictly PBS vs ZBS

O
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Reggie has ties to GB.

With all due respect I totally disagree. Knapp took a WR corps that collectively looks like a track team with a vertical bent and gave them in routes and site reads. Most egregiously he took a true pocket passer with a reconstructed knee and have him roll out. Knapp attempted to make Myers an in-line blocker and failed miserably. And he costs the teams wins by not implementing his system slowly.

As far as Dorrell is concerned, absolutely not. I believe Houston's offense has been exposed. It's not all that. It's not explosive, it doesn't spread the field, it's somewhat plodding and it isn't conducive to come back from behind. In addition, Dorrell doesn't have nearly enough time in.

Dorrell as an OC would have nothing to do with Houston. They just happened to hire him as a QB coach last season. He has been a OC and HC before at the collegiate level.

Born in none other than Alameda, CA.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:

Dorrell as an OC would have nothing to do with Houston. They just happened to hire him as a QB coach last season. He has been a OC and HC before at the collegiate level.

Born in none other than Alameda, CA

How is this a qualification?

Does Dorrell have any experience calling plays at the NFL level?
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

I actually think that I could become HC of the Bills someday. I mean, I'm from WNY and know some stuff about football. Thats about as qualified as most of their HCs right?

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Among other things...
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

He has been an assistant for many years in the NFL and was pegged to be an OC in both Clevland and Denver before their staffs were blown up in different eras. Went to college coaching as a result. Very succesful as the HC and playcaller in college.
La_Vader

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff Tedford.. He was the highest paid employee in the UC system. My girlfriend use to always bring that up, whenever put on football while visiting Berkeley Razz
bitty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

I actually think that I could become HC of the Bills someday. I mean, I'm from WNY and know some stuff about football. Thats about as qualified as most of their HCs right?

But can you look directly at the camera and convincingly say you're going to beat New England.
Burgesskills

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Huh? Marrone could turn out to be a great hire. He has NFL experience, he was the O-Coordinator with the Saints and comes down the Bill Parecell's coaching tree.
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coaching trees don't mean anything if you don't have coaching talent yourself. Look at the Pats coaching tree.

Fail fail fail again and again.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
Chali21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

But can you look directly at the camera and convincingly say you're going to beat New England.

Honestly they should be able to. They have a ton of talent on both sides of the ball. Clearly they can't coach it up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 19 of 41

Jump to: