Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Grade Pryor's Debut
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
macklemore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
Fun fact: if Pryor had as "bad" of a game against the Chargers every game for a full season, he would have led the league in TDs.

Cut him, I hate rainbows and Tebow!!!

We would also be 0-16.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
Fun fact: if Pryor had as "bad" of a game against the Chargers every game for a full season, he would have led the league in TDs.

We would also be 0-16.

Would that be Pryors fault? I don't think we would blame the QB with 48 TDs. Maybe you, not me.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:

We would also be 0-16.

And youre assuming the whole team plays that way for a full season. I said PRYOR

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
Django wrote:
Baonez wrote:
Palmer in garbage time = "We never had a chance"
Pryor in garbage time = "We looked good in a close loss."

I've compared TeePee to Tebow because MANY (not all) of their respective fans have an agenda that transcends football. The perspective surrounding Pryor and Palmer are so polarizing and so skewed that I rarely even comment anymore. I'd be all for starting Pryor if a 4-12 season could guarantee Clowney but it won't as he is only a Jr.

We all agree that Pryor has a long way to go.

But of course people are going to be more impressed with 23 year old in garbage time to a 33 year old in garbage time.

Of course people are going to praise 22 year old RG3 for getting to the playoffs and rip 32 year old Tony Romo for missing it.

Its why Russell Wilson gets so much hype now for winning a playoff game....that people overlook Matt Ryan even though he's the better QB.

Young guys get the benefit of the doubt early on. We might not be sold on his passing skills yet. But putting up similar stuff in similar situation (TD's in garbage time) is always going to favor the young guy.

Its hilarious that people hold a guy in his first start to the same standards as a ten year veteran.

What's hilarious is the overreaction to 1 meaningless game. A game that for a large stretch he did nothing but miss open WRs left and right.

If someone actually watched that game and thought you could be a winning team with that level of QB play, then I feel sorry for them.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
Django wrote:
Baonez wrote:

I've compared TeePee to Tebow because MANY (not all) of their respective fans have an agenda that transcends football. The perspective surrounding Pryor and Palmer are so polarizing and so skewed that I rarely even comment anymore. I'd be all for starting Pryor if a 4-12 season could guarantee Clowney but it won't as he is only a Jr.

But of course people are going to be more impressed with 23 year old in garbage time to a 33 year old in garbage time.

Of course people are going to praise 22 year old RG3 for getting to the playoffs and rip 32 year old Tony Romo for missing it.

Its why Russell Wilson gets so much hype now for winning a playoff game....that people overlook Matt Ryan even though he's the better QB.

Young guys get the benefit of the doubt early on. We might not be sold on his passing skills yet. But putting up similar stuff in similar situation (TD's in garbage time) is always going to favor the young guy.

Its hilarious that people hold a guy in his first start to the same standards as a ten year veteran.

What's hilarious is the overreaction to 1 meaningless game. A game that for a large stretch he did nothing but miss open WRs left and right.

If someone actually watched that game and thought you could be a winning team with that level of QB play, then I feel sorry for them.

Nothing but miss open WRs? Just wow. Lets also not forget a penalty stopped what likely would have been a 4th TD. But scrap his 3 scores. You don't care about points apparently.

If someone actually knew anything about professional football its that young players can develop into better players. You for some reason think he has no ability to improve after 1 game. Yet we have the overreaction.....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny palooka using the one meaningless game argument to argue his positives, but yet you still throw him under the bus and back up over him for the negatives in one meaningless game.

Keep pointing to his missed passes, his footwork, and throwing motion, but it was one game, right? In fact his first game in years.
Chali21

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I'd love to see what he could do with the second string reps. Actually getting work with his receivers might make him better. Lets be real at 3rd string you're pretty much a ball boy. I'm not confident going with him as starter next year, but in 2014 maybe.

And the Palmer comparisons well neither one beat the Chargers and both have had lots of bad throws anyone who says differently is kidding themselves.

Truth is I'm not a fan of either right now.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burgesskills wrote:
Funny palooka using the one meaningless game argument to argue his positives, but yet you still throw him under the bus and back up over him for the negatives in one meaningless game.

Keep pointing to his missed passes, his footwork, and throwing motion, but it was one game, right? In fact his first game in years.

So in a meaningless game, you see a QB missing wide open throws and hucking hand grenades deep and you can't judge THAT. The traits you want to see in a QB.

I'm saying his 3 TDs in a meaningless game are not going to be typical in a 16 game season. The bad passes and rainbows however will be. That is who he is as a QB. Always has been.

Again....

Does anyone truly believe you could win a Superbowl with Pryor as your QB?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
Django wrote:
Baonez wrote:

Nothing but miss open WRs? Just wow. Lets also not forget a penalty stopped what likely would have been a 4th TD. But scrap his 3 scores. You don't care about points apparently.

If someone actually knew anything about professional football its that young players can develop into better players. You for some reason think he has no ability to improve after 1 game. Yet we have the overreaction.....

And what did we learn with Jamarcus...... if you are not an accurate passer, it can't be taught. He has no touch or feel consistently as a passer. You either have that or you don't. Pryor doesn't.

This is Jamarcus against Tampa all over again. Has a nice week 17 showing and everyone is ready to jump on his bandwagon.

All I am saying is give it more than 1 game.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
Django wrote:
Baonez wrote:

And what did we learn with Jamarcus...... if you are not an accurate passer, it can't be taught. He has no touch or feel consistently as a passer. You either have that or you don't. Pryor doesn't.

This is Jamarcus against Tampa all over again. Has a nice week 17 showing and everyone is ready to jump on his bandwagon.

What we learned from Jemarcus, if you don't work hard to be a great player in the NFL your going fall flat in your face. Russelll had no work ethic, the opposite of Pryor
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
Django wrote:
Baonez wrote:

Please don't compare Pryor to Jamarcus. They have no similarities AT ALL other than race.

Pryor works hard, Russell didn't. Pryor is mobile, Russell wasn't. Pryor can lead and take control of an offense, manage the game. Russell couldn't.

Also, it's dumb to compare Russell's week 17 performance in 2008 against Pryor's week 17 performance this season. That makes no sense to me. You're comparing Russell in his 18th career start to Pryor making his 1st career start.....

This WAS PRYOR'S FIRST GAME IN THE NFL yet you act like you know everything about him and what he's capable of. I've never seen such bias out of you before and it's really pissing me off. Give the kid a chance will ya GEEEEZ. You say give it more than 1 game and then contradict yourself saying he doesn't have accuracy... after seeing one game... and then your counter argument to that is using Jamarcus Russell as an example. lmao woww....

/rant

I'm gonna go do some hw now. Mad

Burgesskills

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

You know this how? One start after sitting around for two years? Might as well cut the guy then. Let him find a new career.

Quote:

Do we have a chance to win the Super Bowl with Palmer?

So let's continue to pay Palmer what we pay to have an average season, that will surely have a losing record, to let a 3rd round pick sit by the wayside, to waste it. Let's not bother giving the guy a chance.

Comparing him to JR is garbage. He works hard, he wants to play, does everything right...he wants to get better and wants to shine.
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burgesskills wrote:
Quote:

You know this how? One start after sitting around for two years? Might as well cut the guy then. Let him find a new career.

Quote:

Do we have a chance to win the Super Bowl with Palmer?

So let's continue to pay Palmer what we pay to have an average season, that will surely have a losing record, to let a 3rd round pick sit by the wayside, to waste it. Let's not bother giving the guy a chance.

Comparing him to JR is garbage. He works hard, he wants to play, does everything right...he wants to get better and wants to shine.

Big P has lost his marbles over the years. Shame, he used to be one of the better posters in the forum. Now he compares Pryor to Jamarcus? Jamarcus got handed 30+ million and was lazier than any player in the league, and compares him to arguably our hardest working player who has had nothing handed to him in this league.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whenever you're ready to come in from the crapstorm, BP, you can. Just don't sit down anywhere. It'd be like trying to get a Tebow fan to move on. Pryor fans are rabid.
Burgesskills

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Whenever you're ready to come in from the crapstorm, BP, you can. Just don't sit down anywhere. It'd be like trying to get a Tebow fan to move on. Pryor fans are rabid.

How are we rabid and how are you not a Pryor fan? He plays for the Raiders....as much as I don't trust Palmer, I am still a fan of his and this team.

I guess if wanting to see a third round pick, 23 year old QB, who is athletic, quick, improvises to put points on the board makes a big Pryor fan, then you could mark me as a "Pryor supporter"...I just don't get how you guys are so against giving him a chance, especially since we have awhile to go to really compete.

Bagga you just ignore my question... how many wins do you expect with Palmer this season? You say we should start Pryor because you'd expect a 4-12 season to put us in position to take Clowney...so if we start Palmer we definitely won't be in position to draft him??? Things some of us say....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 13 of 19

Jump to: