Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cincinnati Bengals @ Houston Texans WC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
Texans by a lot
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
Texans by a little
22%
 22%  [ 6 ]
Bengals by a little
33%
 33%  [ 9 ]
Bengals by a lot
29%
 29%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 27

amazingandre

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Wanna hear the most uninspiring speech ever?

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-media/videos/Kubiak-locker-room-speech-after-win-vs-Bengals/8dc4c2af-6984-4706-bebf-96a5b8780719

You have an agenda.

Did that get you pumped? Did you seriously get amped listening to that? Never said it was a bad speech, just called it uninspiring
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-media/videos/Kubiak-locker-room-speech-after-win-vs-Bengals/8dc4c2af-6984-4706-bebf-96a5b8780719

You have an agenda.

Did that get you pumped? Did you seriously get amped listening to that? Never said it was a bad speech, just called it uninspiring

Since when does a team want to be inspired from a post game speech?

Did you feel the mountains tremble?

amazingandre

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

You have an agenda.

How about getting them pumped for a good week before a tough match up.....Ive seen plenty of post game speeches that make ME WANNA run through a wall, cant imagine what it does for a player...but this speech, Good job kids, you played a hell of a game, it was because your character, GTFO lol
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

You have an agenda.

How about getting them pumped for a good week before a tough match up.....Ive seen plenty of post game speeches that make ME WANNA run through a wall, cant imagine what it does for a player...but this speech, Good job kids, you played a hell of a game, it was because your character, GTFO lol

Great. Kubiak isn't that guy. Link me a video of a Bill Bellicheck postgame and get back to me.

You just have a clear agenda. If you analyze every minute detail of somebody, you're going to find details that fit your agenda.

amazingandre

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

You have an agenda.

Great. Kubiak isn't that guy. Link me a video of a Bill Bellicheck postgame and get back to me.

You just have a clear agenda. If you analyze every minute detail of somebody, you're going to find details that fit your agenda.

Jesus christ, all I did was say its uninspiring, never said it sucked, never said he was the worst coach ever....clearly YOU HAVE an agenda by always critiquing what I say....get over yourself dude not everyone has to think like you
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna keep my post game VERY short - only a few item:

- Right after Garrett Graham caught the game-sealing 1st down, the camera panned to Matt Schaub. He had a goofy grin on his face. Then, he started to pump his fists, slowly. All while sporting that goofy grin. That, my friends...is what it looks like when a monkey finally gets off your back. Now, Matt Schaub didn't have an impressive game; In fact, he had a pretty poor game. But, that final image of Schaub, grinning and fist pumping awkwardly...that tells me that the biggest weight just lifted off of his shoulders. Now, we might start to see some old Matt...and not a moment too soon. I'm still critical of the guy from a fan perspective, still feel he has a lot to prove to get my support...but as a person...I felt happy for Matt. By and large, he's a good guy...nice to see a good guy finish first, if only for a weekend.

- Ok, AJ is the big play threat, Foster is the workhorse, the OL is the glue that makes it all work...but Owen Daniels IS the tablesetter for this offense. The Texans O goes as OD goes, and if he gets involved early and often, we can move the ball on anyone, at any time. The lack of Red Zone performance is still a concern, but you gotta crawl before you can walk; Identifying OD as that guy who makes everyone's life easier is the first step in moving INTO the end zone, not just near it.

- Forget the statline, THAT is the Jonathan Joseph that we need. If you're NBT, you're looking at the stats and thinking "Man, AJ Green owned the Texans D," and...well, if you watched the game, you could see that wasn't the case. AJ had his moments (he IS one of the top 5 WRs in the NFL, you know) but the biggest moment came when Dalton found Green sprinting on a post route, and Joseph managed to recover and knock a sure fire TD out of Green's hand, just as Kareem Jackson came in and clocked AJ. That is a routine TD catch for Green, so to break it up with it still being a single score game was massive. Green had another TD lined up, but Dalton overshot him by an inch...but that first TD denial was ALL JJoe, the JJoe we've been needing for ages.

- #frauds. Are they?

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
amazingandre

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heres a disgusting stat

Out of 15 offensive plays in the red zone (insdie the 20), threw the ball to the endzone ONCE. We ran 8 times, threw 7. This won't work Sunday, we better throw to the endzone more

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/46122/texans-need-to-throw-into-the-end-zone

Quote:

The first two questions Gary Kubiak fielded at his Monday news conference were about the teamís red zone offense.

In each answer, he mentioned checking the ball down.

First: "We had a lot of second-and-nines down there from that standpoint, but we got to make the small plays whether you check a ball down on a three or four-yard pass. Youíve got to do that so youíre giving yourself a legitimate chance."

A chance at what? A closer field goal?

Second: "We got played the other day in a bunch of quarters defense, people sitting on the goal line makes it tough to get behind people, those types of things. If people are going to play you that way, you got to run the ball efficiently. Youíve got to check the ball down efficiently."

If you're already in field goal range, what's the benefit of super-efficient checking down, exactly? To prove to a defense you know how to answer the coverage they are calling to keep you out of the end zone by calling plays that keep you out of the end zone?

I'm confused.

EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:

Here's one thing that John McClain was adamant about today on 610; The Gark Kubiak we see when the mics are turned on and the cameras are rolling is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT person than the Gary Kubiak behind closed doors, with only he and his players. In front of the camera, he's somewhat soft spoken, speaks with that "Texan" drawl (...oh, Reed's got a growing issue," instead of the proper "groin" pronunciation) has a very dry sense of humor, isn't afraid to laugh...very much what we've seen, which can be taken as uninspired.

On the practice field, in film study, in the locker room? Everyone - and this has been somewhat stated by the likes of McClain, Mike Shanahan, Kyle Shanahan, John Elway, Rick Smith - says that Kubiak is hell reincarnated. Guy is dropping S-bombs all over the place, yelling up a storm, taking command of his huddle, calling the shots in a not-so-nice way. By those accounts, the Kubiak that we don't know is a 180 from the Kubiak that we do know.

I can't say either way, I'm not in that huddle - but if this IS the case, I actually like it. I don't like the HC being some persona that takes away from the team, ala Rex Ryan or Bill Parcells; Much like the team, he's just a small part of a bigger organism, and too much focus on one single aspect takes away from every other aspect. McClain has stated that Kubiak had been asked by Shanahan on multiple occasions to do the pre-game speech to those Denver teams so many moons ago, and the reaction from the players was nothing short of foaming at the mouth, ready to pounce on anything wearing a different jersey.

By and large, I think the difference between the two Kubiak's is very calculated. When the cameras are on, he - and just about any coach in the NFL in this day and age - is different. They don't tip their hand too much, they don't reveal much about anything. Mike Tomlin basically says he does this any time there are cameras and microphones and recorders on; He doesn't want to tip his hand "on the record" and will feed the media nothing but BS all day long.

By all accounts, Kubiak is the same way. Might not be something that gets the fans all hot and bothered, but given that we have no impact on outcomes of games...I'd say that our feelings on the matter should be somewhere between "slim" and "none."

amazingandre

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

Here's one thing that John McClain was adamant about today on 610; The Gark Kubiak we see when the mics are turned on and the cameras are rolling is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT person than the Gary Kubiak behind closed doors, with only he and his players. In front of the camera, he's somewhat soft spoken, speaks with that "Texan" drawl (...oh, Reed's got a growing issue," instead of the proper "groin" pronunciation) has a very dry sense of humor, isn't afraid to laugh...very much what we've seen, which can be taken as uninspired.

On the practice field, in film study, in the locker room? Everyone - and this has been somewhat stated by the likes of McClain, Mike Shanahan, Kyle Shanahan, John Elway, Rick Smith - says that Kubiak is hell reincarnated. Guy is dropping S-bombs all over the place, yelling up a storm, taking command of his huddle, calling the shots in a not-so-nice way. By those accounts, the Kubiak that we don't know is a 180 from the Kubiak that we do know.

I can't say either way, I'm not in that huddle - but if this IS the case, I actually like it. I don't like the HC being some persona that takes away from the team, ala Rex Ryan or Bill Parcells; Much like the team, he's just a small part of a bigger organism, and too much focus on one single aspect takes away from every other aspect. McClain has stated that Kubiak had been asked by Shanahan on multiple occasions to do the pre-game speech to those Denver teams so many moons ago, and the reaction from the players was nothing short of foaming at the mouth, ready to pounce on anything wearing a different jersey.

By and large, I think the difference between the two Kubiak's is very calculated. When the cameras are on, he - and just about any coach in the NFL in this day and age - is different. They don't tip their hand too much, they don't reveal much about anything. Mike Tomlin basically says he does this any time there are cameras and microphones and recorders on; He doesn't want to tip his hand "on the record" and will feed the media nothing but BS all day long.

By all accounts, Kubiak is the same way. Might not be something that gets the fans all hot and bothered, but given that we have no impact on outcomes of games...I'd say that our feelings on the matter should be somewhere between "slim" and "none."

This is logical and makes sense. Nice thoughts, unlike someone else (no names) who claims I have this massive agenda Rolling Eyes I suppose since you put it like that, it makes sense and is respectable.....I hope he is different behind closed doors
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you claim that you don't have an agenda? That's silly. You have claimed it many times. You "hate" Gary Kubiak. You would like nothing more than for him to be gone. Your agenda is to enlighten everyone to his deficiencies and get everyone to hate him along with you.

There is nothing inherently "wrong" with this, per se. It becomes "wrong" when you reach for things that don't really exist in order to prove your point. Just be conscience of that. Trust me, i've been there, after playing a long, hard fought game, you don't need to be inspired or feel pumped up, you just want to hear great job, you played a great game, lets get ready for next week.

Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
heres a disgusting stat

Out of 15 offensive plays in the red zone (insdie the 20), threw the ball to the endzone ONCE. We ran 8 times, threw 7. This won't work Sunday, we better throw to the endzone more

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/46122/texans-need-to-throw-into-the-end-zone

Quote:

The first two questions Gary Kubiak fielded at his Monday news conference were about the teamís red zone offense.

First: "We had a lot of second-and-nines down there from that standpoint, but we got to make the small plays whether you check a ball down on a three or four-yard pass. Youíve got to do that so youíre giving yourself a legitimate chance."

Second: "We got played the other day in a bunch of quarters defense, people sitting on the goal line makes it tough to get behind people, those types of things. If people are going to play you that way, you got to run the ball efficiently. Youíve got to check the ball down efficiently."

If you're already in field goal range, what's the benefit of super-efficient checking down, exactly? To prove to a defense you know how to answer the coverage they are calling to keep you out of the end zone by calling plays that keep you out of the end zone?

I'm confused.

This is such typical Kubiak rationalization / cop out:

1) We are in 2nd and 9 because you run Arian up the middle every single first down in the RZ, jackhole. For goodness sake, this is the exact situation when you run the play action this offense is built for. How many TE2s are uncovered in these situations?

2) If you want to be conservative, fine, but you should be at the point where you trust your QB to throw it out of the back of the end zone if it isn't there. Is there really that big of a difference between 2nd and 9 from the 9 and 2nd and 10 from the 10? Even the Schaub-haters can't point to many times where he has thrown red zone ints. Even if you get sacked, your kicker is PERFECT on kicks inside 40 yards and 94% inside 50.

3) This is EXACTLY why you have needed to address WR2 for 7 years. The entire universe knows to double AJ & OD in the RZ which is why they BOTH have always had TD totals so far below others with similar (or far less) yardage production. Might want to watch some tape of James Jones (14), Erik Decker (13), or even Santana Moss (8 ). For goodness sakes, Darnario Alexander came off the scrap heap to put up 7 Tds in 1/2 a season. Why prioritize 6' 3" possession receivers if you never throw to them in the RZ where they can use their height against 5' 10" corners and safeties?

4) What ever happened to Arian Foster in the passing game? If I see him split out and empty the backfield one more time in 3rd and short yardage I am going to scream as he NEVER gets the ball in this situation, yet also isn't there to pick up the inevitable blitz which leads to the Schaub quick trigger out of bounds. Just like the T eligible, you practically get one freebie as nobody honors it at this point, so send him deep down the seam and cash in for once.

5) If you threw to Vonta Leach 35 times in a season how the hell do you only throw it to a TE playing fullback in James Casey, especially in the RZ where nobody accounts for FBs? How about not having these as check down options but actually script plays to utilize the much-ballyhooed blocking skills of your WRs! Our inability to capitalize on the mismatch Casey should create in the passing game from FB spot is getting Sporano-esque in it's lack of creativity. Draw up a friggin new play for once Kubs!

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
heres a disgusting stat

Quote:

I'm confused.

This is such typical Kubiak rationalization / cop out:

1) We are in 2nd and 9 because you run Arian up the middle every single first down in the RZ, jackhole. For goodness sake, this is the exact situation when you run the play action this offense is built for. How many TE2s are uncovered in these situations?

2) If you want to be conservative, fine, but you should be at the point where you trust your QB to throw it out of the back of the end zone if it isn't there. Is there really that big of a difference between 2nd and 9 from the 9 and 2nd and 10 from the 10? Even the Schaub-haters can't point to many times where he has thrown red zone ints. Even if you get sacked, your kicker is PERFECT on kicks inside 40 yards and 94% inside 50.

3) This is EXACTLY why you have needed to address WR2 for 7 years. The entire universe knows to double AJ & OD in the RZ which is why they BOTH have always had TD totals so far below others with similar (or far less) yardage production. Might want to watch some tape of James Jones (14), Erik Decker (13), or even Santana Moss (8 ). For goodness sakes, Darnario Alexander came off the scrap heap to put up 7 Tds in 1/2 a season. Why prioritize 6' 3" possession receivers if you never throw to them in the RZ where they can use their height against 5' 10" corners and safeties?

4) What ever happened to Arian Foster in the passing game? If I see him split out and empty the backfield one more time in 3rd and short yardage I am going to scream as he NEVER gets the ball in this situation, yet also isn't there to pick up the inevitable blitz which leads to the Schaub quick trigger out of bounds. Just like the T eligible, you practically get one freebie as nobody honors it at this point, so send him deep down the seam and cash in for once.

5) If you threw to Vonta Leach 35 times in a season how the hell do you only throw it to a TE playing fullback in James Casey, especially in the RZ where nobody accounts for FBs? How about not having these as check down options but actually script plays to utilize the much-ballyhooed blocking skills of your WRs! Our inability to capitalize on the mismatch Casey should create in the passing game from FB spot is getting Sporano-esque in it's lack of creativity. Draw up a friggin new play for once Kubs!

YATZEE!
UNO!
JENGA!
AGENDA!

YATZEE!
UNO!
JENGA!
AGENDA!

YATZEE!
UNO!
JENGA!
AGENDA!

Sorry, the meds are wearing off and the jet-lag is kicking in. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: