Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

McClain arrested
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raidin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
Raidin wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
will this void his contract?

Oh sweet Jesus I wish we could just void it with no cap penalty. Pray

hell yea.
does anyone know the answer?

Why would it? I've never heard of player being arrested having his contract voided.

There was an article written on this subject earlier in the year, I think that's what he's referring too. It wasn't this one incident, but it was the sum of all of McClains incidents, including being suspended from the team because he was yelling at, and disregarding essential team functions and duties. Essentially the team can argue that the sum of McClain's actions are a breach in his contract, and we no longer are required to honor it. Much like what Al tried to do with Kiffin, but this time there's justification for it. I think we can win this one too.

Edit: I found it. It was a LaConfora article too, so I'm inclined to think he was correct in his fact finding.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/jason-la-canfora/21333532

Quote:
McClain is due another $3.6 million in guaranteed money between 2013 and 2014, the remaining years on his deal. But per the language in his contract, the suspension means the Raiders can void the remainder of guaranteed money still owed to him and release him without penalty. Should McClain appeal, the NFLPA would have to make the case that his actions did not amount to "conduct detrimental to the team" in order to recoup that money.

Between the suspension, his actions, his run ins with the law, his arguments with Allen, his facebook posts about the team, etc etc....I think we've got a pretty open and shut case that his conduct has been "detrimental to the team".

Personnally I think that is BS but we will find out soon enough. I've never heard of a clause in any other NFL players contract relating to that, never heard about it in any Raiders player contract either. Now it's I either just missed other stories or else McClain is arugable the only player in the NFL with that clause in his contract.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
Raidin wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

hell yea.

Why would it? I've never heard of player being arrested having his contract voided.

There was an article written on this subject earlier in the year, I think that's what he's referring too. It wasn't this one incident, but it was the sum of all of McClains incidents, including being suspended from the team because he was yelling at, and disregarding essential team functions and duties. Essentially the team can argue that the sum of McClain's actions are a breach in his contract, and we no longer are required to honor it. Much like what Al tried to do with Kiffin, but this time there's justification for it. I think we can win this one too.

Edit: I found it. It was a LaConfora article too, so I'm inclined to think he was correct in his fact finding.

Quote:
McClain is due another $3.6 million in guaranteed money between 2013 and 2014, the remaining years on his deal. But per the language in his contract, the suspension means the Raiders can void the remainder of guaranteed money still owed to him and release him without penalty. Should McClain appeal, the NFLPA would have to make the case that his actions did not amount to "conduct detrimental to the team" in order to recoup that money.

Between the suspension, his actions, his run ins with the law, his arguments with Allen, his facebook posts about the team, etc etc....I think we've got a pretty open and shut case that his conduct has been "detrimental to the team".

what happened in tenn with pacmans contract?

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another one to look at could be Ricky in MIA. Didn't he have to give back his money? Obviously not the same situation but there could be some sort of precedent that could help us out

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
NickButera wrote:
Raidin wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

hell yea.

Quote:

Personnally I think that is BS but we will find out soon enough. I've never heard of a clause in any other NFL players contract relating to that, never heard about it in any Raiders player contract either. Now it's I either just missed other stories or else McClain is arugable the only player in the NFL with that clause in his contract.
Its not BS, its in the collective bargaining agreement, but you have to make your case the NFL PA will fight for the player but if it is determind that you have a valid case then yes you could get out of the contract and even recoup some money.

Read:http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/michael_mccann/12/16/samhurd/index.html
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is such a clause in his contract it means they knew all along this could be a potential problem. Unknown to the fans.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
If there is such a clause in his contract it means they knew all along this could be a potential problem. Unknown to the fans.
Could be standard in every Nfl contract.
Raidin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Raidin wrote:
NickButera wrote:
Raidin wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

hell yea.

Quote:

Its not BS, its in the collective bargaining agreement, but you have to make your case the NFL PA will fight for the player but if it is determind that you have a valid case then yes you could get out of the contract and even recoup some money.

Read:http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/michael_mccann/12/16/samhurd/index.html

That simply says that a signing bonus can be not paid or claimed back. It says nothing about the his contract not counting against the salary cap which what I am referring to. Might have crossed wires with others on the way on that one.
Mr.Bob Dobalina

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:
Wonder if we can get Rex to take him off our hands?

He probably would if they were not in such a cap mess.

I was actually think Houston might be a good fit for him. 3-4 and they need ILB. They also get an extra 3rd round pick this season for losing Mario Williams.
houston would be a good fit. At this point I would be happy to get a 6th or 7th. I would say maybe patriots because belicheck is friends with saban. But don't think the hoodie is that dumb.
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
...and you think that why?

Which part?

The part about you thinking the story about voiding his contract being BS. What do we really know about that possibility and what makes you think its BS?

Raider X hooked me with the sig
Raidin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
...and you think that why?

Which part?

The part about you thinking the story about voiding his contract being BS. What do we really know about that possibility and what makes you think its BS?

Here's what I mentioned earlier.

Quote:
[/quote]
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just about to post a "never mind' because someone found the article I was thinking about. I would think that a second arrest would give the league a reason to suspend him so we could void the contract. Its getting juicy so we will see.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone catch the name he signed with? Laughing Laughing

He signed on the dotted line F&@(# Y'all.

What. An. Idiot.

How are the Raiders THIS bad at finding 1st round talent.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

What. An. Idiot.

He really is an idiot, but I was cracking up when I read what he signed.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LivingLegendWFC wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

What. An. Idiot.

He really is an idiot, but I was cracking up when I read what he signed.

I giggled too. So much for the crooked cop theory. I have to admit, back when I was working on the force, there wasn't a cop I know who wouldn't arrest someone for that.

What's worse, is that if true, he was asked and said "that is my name". May or may not be true but still that's about as bad of character as you can get. What gets me the most, as eluded to already is our scouting. How does that bad of character get by a scouting department (not just ours but everyone else's too). For someone who was paraded as a ferociously hard work ethic and student of the film room.... these 2 things just don't match up. I'm beginning to think he wasn't as hard of a worker as we thought, or maybe the money got to him, or maybe the losing got to him. Either way it shows a lack of maturity level that I doubt he can grow out of in the next 3-5 years when his career (if still in the league) will be on the downside.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Dessie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

#Raiders GM McKenzie also intimated the team could not cut Rolando McClain before OR at end of season due to salary cap issues

No surprise it was the salary cap that kept McClain on the team.
#clueless

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: