Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Draft Thread - 1st page Updated with current roster.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20406
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
I'd like to see an all-SEC draft, not sure about an all Florida draft though. I do like the first 2 players (prefer Floyd in the 3rd)

1 - John Jenkins (NT) Georgia
2 - Barrett Jones (C/G) Bama
3 - Sharrif Floyd (DE) Florida
4 - Sean Porter (OLB) A&M
5 - Emory Blake (WR) Auburn
6 - Tyrann Mathieu (CB) LSU


MH, you need to IMMEDIATELY send that to our front office. That could quite possibly be the best draft in the history of the franchise should we pull that off. It would assuredly be my favorite draft in the history of the team.


Bryan Broaddus recently looked at film of Floyd and loved him. Made it seem like he didn't know if Floyd will be available in the first round by the time the draft rolls around. Said right now, it would be a tough choice for him between Warmack and Floyd.

Needless to say, it seems like Floyd probably won't be there in the third round come April. DL, especially, tend to rise.


Then we need to petition scouts to stop watching film on him and discussing it with their bosses.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 24015
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
I'd like to see an all-SEC draft, not sure about an all Florida draft though. I do like the first 2 players (prefer Floyd in the 3rd)

1 - John Jenkins (NT) Georgia
2 - Barrett Jones (C/G) Bama
3 - Sharrif Floyd (DE) Florida
4 - Sean Porter (OLB) A&M
5 - Emory Blake (WR) Auburn
6 - Tyrann Mathieu (CB) LSU


MH, you need to IMMEDIATELY send that to our front office. That could quite possibly be the best draft in the history of the franchise should we pull that off. It would assuredly be my favorite draft in the history of the team.


Bryan Broaddus recently looked at film of Floyd and loved him. Made it seem like he didn't know if Floyd will be available in the first round by the time the draft rolls around. Said right now, it would be a tough choice for him between Warmack and Floyd.

Needless to say, it seems like Floyd probably won't be there in the third round come April. DL, especially, tend to rise.


Then we need to petition scouts to stop watching film on him and discussing it with their bosses.


I could easily see Floyd as a 2nd round pick. I don't expect him to be their in the third. I think it's more likely he goes in the 1st than the 3rd - but of course the draft is such a crap shot that players fall or rise all the time.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MaddHatter


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 44683
Location: ROH Class of 14
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
I'd like to see an all-SEC draft, not sure about an all Florida draft though. I do like the first 2 players (prefer Floyd in the 3rd)

1 - John Jenkins (NT) Georgia
2 - Barrett Jones (C/G) Bama
3 - Sharrif Floyd (DE) Florida
4 - Sean Porter (OLB) A&M
5 - Emory Blake (WR) Auburn
6 - Tyrann Mathieu (CB) LSU


MH, you need to IMMEDIATELY send that to our front office. That could quite possibly be the best draft in the history of the franchise should we pull that off. It would assuredly be my favorite draft in the history of the team.


Bryan Broaddus recently looked at film of Floyd and loved him. Made it seem like he didn't know if Floyd will be available in the first round by the time the draft rolls around. Said right now, it would be a tough choice for him between Warmack and Floyd.

Needless to say, it seems like Floyd probably won't be there in the third round come April. DL, especially, tend to rise.


Prior to the bowl game most people had him in the 3rd or 4th - now guys climb like crazy and a combine could do wonders for him, but I don't know about Top 15 or even Top 20
_________________


Sig courtesy of mack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nextyearfordaboyz


Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Posts: 17186
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
I'd like to see an all-SEC draft, not sure about an all Florida draft though. I do like the first 2 players (prefer Floyd in the 3rd)

1 - John Jenkins (NT) Georgia
2 - Barrett Jones (C/G) Bama
3 - Sharrif Floyd (DE) Florida
4 - Sean Porter (OLB) A&M
5 - Emory Blake (WR) Auburn
6 - Tyrann Mathieu (CB) LSU


MH, you need to IMMEDIATELY send that to our front office. That could quite possibly be the best draft in the history of the franchise should we pull that off. It would assuredly be my favorite draft in the history of the team.


Bryan Broaddus recently looked at film of Floyd and loved him. Made it seem like he didn't know if Floyd will be available in the first round by the time the draft rolls around. Said right now, it would be a tough choice for him between Warmack and Floyd.

Needless to say, it seems like Floyd probably won't be there in the third round come April. DL, especially, tend to rise.


Prior to the bowl game most people had him in the 3rd or 4th - now guys climb like crazy and a combine could do wonders for him, but I don't know about Top 15 or even Top 20


I was just relaying what Broaddus said. Not many opinions out there have legitimate credentials as a pro scout. He does. I feel like his voice is one that should be considered.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TCC316


Joined: 05 Feb 2009
Posts: 139
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: my try Reply with quote

1) barrett jones
2) matt elams
3) j. jenkins or jessie williams
4) landry jones
5) barner , ball ,or lattimore
6) tyrann mattheu
_________________
http://www.backstagegfx.com/forum/uploads/U440-1272321099.png
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scrambol2000


Joined: 31 Oct 2004
Posts: 334
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Rob Ryan gone, Dallas will probably be going to the 4-3. Do they have the personnel? They play it in nickel situations. Sign Lovie Smith to be the DC.

Dallas Free Agents - Re-signed
Felix Jones RB
Kevin Ogletree WR
John Phillips TE
Derrick Dockery OG
Phil Costa C (RFA)
Kenyon Coleman DE
L.P. Ladouceur LS
Orie Lemon ILB
Victor Butler OLB
Ernie Sims ILB
Anthony Spencer OLB
Mike Jenkins CB
Danny McCray S (RFA)
Eric Frampton S
Charlie Peprah S

Cut
Doug Free OT
Dan Connor ILB
Marcus Spears DT


Draft
1st - Ezekiel Ansah DE BYU
2nd - Barrett Jones C Alabama
3rd - Gabe Jackson OG Mississippi
4th - Brennan Williams OT North Carolina
5th - Brandon Williams DT Missouri Southern State
6th - Michael Williams TE Alabama

Roster
QB - Romo, Orton
RB - Murray, Tanner, Dunbar
FB - Vickers
TE - Witten, Hanna, M.Williams
WR - Bryant, Austin, Beasley, Harris, Coale, Benford
OT - Smith, Parnell, B.Williams
OG - Livings, Jackson, Leary, Cook
C - Jones, Costa

DE - Ware, Spencer, Ansah, Crawford
DT - Hatcher, Lissemore, B.Williams, Price
OLB - Carter, Wilber, Albright
MLB - Lee, Lemon
CB - Carr, Claiborne, Scandrick, Moore, Coe
S - Sensabaugh, Church, Frampton, Johnson

LS - Ladouceur
K - Bailey
P - Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DKDALfan


Joined: 18 Mar 2011
Posts: 2410
Location: Denmark
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scrambol, why should we cut Connor with a move back to the 4-3? He started a lot as a MLB in a 4-3 in Carolina with Beason being very injury plagued, and he did well in that role. I would argue that Lee can play OLB, and that Wilber is not a fit at all to be a OLB in a 4-3. And Wilber having very rarely seen the field this year, suggest that he won't be able to handle being a starter next year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20406
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:59 am    Post subject: Re: my try Reply with quote

TCC316 wrote:
1) barrett jones
2) matt elams
3) j. jenkins or jessie williams
4) landry jones
5) barner , ball ,or lattimore
6) tyrann mattheu


Jonathan Jenkins will be a 1st round pick, and Jesse Williams may go in the 2nd.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
emmittsmith22


Joined: 19 Jan 2010
Posts: 468
Location: TX
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pipe Dream Mock

Trade Tony Romo to Jets for 2nd this year and 1st next year
Trade DeMarcus Ware to Bengals for 1st and 3rd
Trade 18 and 4th for 26 and 2nd

Draft

1a. Ezekiel Ansah DE BYU
1b. Johnathan Cooper G UNC
2a. Sharrif Floyd DT Florida
2b. CJ Mosley OLB Alabama
2c. Barrett Jones C Alabama
3a. Phillip Thomas S Fresno St.
3b. Ryan Nassib QB Syracuse
5. Johnathan Franklin RB UCLA
6. Cameron Meredith DE Nebraska

Switch to 43
Starting D

Claiborne Church Thomas Carr
Mosley Lee Carter
Ansah Floyd Crawford Spencer


Starting O

Bryant Witten Smith Livings Jones Cooper Free Harris Austin
Orton
Murray
_________________


ZAX
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Football Mensa


Joined: 13 Dec 2012
Posts: 621
Location: Texas via Louisiana and I love being Cajun...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

emmittsmith22 wrote:
Pipe Dream Mock

Trade Tony Romo to Jets for 2nd this year and 1st next year
Trade DeMarcus Ware to Bengals for 1st and 3rd
Trade 18 and 4th for 26 and 2nd

Draft

1a. Ezekiel Ansah DE BYU
1b. Johnathan Cooper G UNC
2a. Sharrif Floyd DT Florida
2b. CJ Mosley OLB Alabama
2c. Barrett Jones C Alabama
3a. Phillip Thomas S Fresno St.
3b. Ryan Nassib QB Syracuse
5. Johnathan Franklin RB UCLA
6. Cameron Meredith DE Nebraska

Switch to 43
Starting D

Claiborne Church Thomas Carr
Mosley Lee Carter
Ansah Floyd Crawford Spencer


Starting O

Bryant Witten Smith Livings Jones Cooper Free Harris Austin
Orton
Murray


Mosely isn't coming out. I love the trades as I am ready for a total tear down / rebuild. I think Ware to the Pats would be more likely if they fail to win the superbowl.

Love the pick of Nassib.
_________________
A circle. The direction the Cowboys continue to travel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PincheJimmy


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 1281
Location: Flower Mound, TX
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scrambol2000 wrote:
With Rob Ryan gone, Dallas will probably be going to the 4-3. Do they have the personnel? They play it in nickel situations. Sign Lovie Smith to be the DC.

Dallas Free Agents - Re-signed
Felix Jones RB
Kevin Ogletree WR
John Phillips TE
Derrick Dockery OG
Phil Costa C (RFA)
Kenyon Coleman DE
L.P. Ladouceur LS
Orie Lemon ILB
Victor Butler OLB
Ernie Sims ILB
Anthony Spencer OLB
Mike Jenkins CB
Danny McCray S (RFA)
Eric Frampton S
Charlie Peprah S

Cut
Doug Free OT
Dan Connor ILB
Marcus Spears DT


Draft
1st - Ezekiel Ansah DE BYU
2nd - Barrett Jones C Alabama
3rd - Gabe Jackson OG Mississippi
4th - Brennan Williams OT North Carolina
5th - Brandon Williams DT Missouri Southern State
6th - Michael Williams TE Alabama

Roster
QB - Romo, Orton
RB - Murray, Tanner, Dunbar
FB - Vickers
TE - Witten, Hanna, M.Williams
WR - Bryant, Austin, Beasley, Harris, Coale, Benford
OT - Smith, Parnell, B.Williams
OG - Livings, Jackson, Leary, Cook
C - Jones, Costa

DE - Ware, Spencer, Ansah, Crawford
DT - Hatcher, Lissemore, B.Williams, Price
OLB - Carter, Wilber, Albright
MLB - Lee, Lemon
CB - Carr, Claiborne, Scandrick, Moore, Coe
S - Sensabaugh, Church, Frampton, Johnson

LS - Ladouceur
K - Bailey
P - Jones




Why is it just because Ryan got fired that we are going to a 4-3 D? Whose to say we don't get another 3-4 DC? Better yet, how bout we wait a couple of days and find out who the DC is and then you can discuss Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
GeneralDissaray


Joined: 07 Apr 2006
Posts: 5357
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emmittsmith22 wrote:
Pipe Dream Mock

Trade Tony Romo to Jets for 2nd this year and 1st next year
Trade DeMarcus Ware to Bengals for 1st and 3rd
Trade 18 and 4th for 26 and 2nd

Draft

1a. Ezekiel Ansah DE BYU
1b. Johnathan Cooper G UNC
2a. Sharrif Floyd DT Florida
2b. CJ Mosley OLB Alabama
2c. Barrett Jones C Alabama
3a. Phillip Thomas S Fresno St.
3b. Ryan Nassib QB Syracuse
5. Johnathan Franklin RB UCLA
6. Cameron Meredith DE Nebraska

Switch to 43
Starting D

Claiborne Church Thomas Carr
Mosley Lee Carter
Ansah Floyd Crawford Spencer


Starting O

Bryant Witten Smith Livings Jones Cooper Free Harris Austin
Orton
Murray


Pipe dream is Cincy getting Ware for only a 1st and a 3rd. He's only 30. It would take two 1st's IMO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PincheJimmy


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 1281
Location: Flower Mound, TX
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PincheJimmy wrote:
scrambol2000 wrote:
With Rob Ryan gone, Dallas will probably be going to the 4-3. Do they have the personnel? They play it in nickel situations. Sign Lovie Smith to be the DC.

Dallas Free Agents - Re-signed
Felix Jones RB
Kevin Ogletree WR
John Phillips TE
Derrick Dockery OG
Phil Costa C (RFA)
Kenyon Coleman DE
L.P. Ladouceur LS
Orie Lemon ILB
Victor Butler OLB
Ernie Sims ILB
Anthony Spencer OLB
Mike Jenkins CB
Danny McCray S (RFA)
Eric Frampton S
Charlie Peprah S

Cut
Doug Free OT
Dan Connor ILB
Marcus Spears DT


Draft
1st - Ezekiel Ansah DE BYU
2nd - Barrett Jones C Alabama
3rd - Gabe Jackson OG Mississippi
4th - Brennan Williams OT North Carolina
5th - Brandon Williams DT Missouri Southern State
6th - Michael Williams TE Alabama

Roster
QB - Romo, Orton
RB - Murray, Tanner, Dunbar
FB - Vickers
TE - Witten, Hanna, M.Williams
WR - Bryant, Austin, Beasley, Harris, Coale, Benford
OT - Smith, Parnell, B.Williams
OG - Livings, Jackson, Leary, Cook
C - Jones, Costa

DE - Ware, Spencer, Ansah, Crawford
DT - Hatcher, Lissemore, B.Williams, Price
OLB - Carter, Wilber, Albright
MLB - Lee, Lemon
CB - Carr, Claiborne, Scandrick, Moore, Coe
S - Sensabaugh, Church, Frampton, Johnson

LS - Ladouceur
K - Bailey
P - Jones




Why is it just because Ryan got fired that we are going to a 4-3 D? Whose to say we don't get another 3-4 DC? Better yet, how bout we wait a couple of days and find out who the DC is and then you can discuss Smile


After writing this, I read article about possible going 4-3 Smile, my bad, carry on Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
parker1035


Joined: 22 Aug 2011
Posts: 164
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 - Chance Warmack - G - Alabama
2 - Barrett Jones - C - Alabama
3 - Margus Hunt - DE - SMU
4 - Kenjon Barner - RB - Oregon
5 - Kenny Stills - WR - OU
6 - Tyrann Mathieu - CB/S - LSU
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
parker1035


Joined: 22 Aug 2011
Posts: 164
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PincheJimmy wrote:
PincheJimmy wrote:
scrambol2000 wrote:
With Rob Ryan gone, Dallas will probably be going to the 4-3. Do they have the personnel? They play it in nickel situations. Sign Lovie Smith to be the DC.

Dallas Free Agents - Re-signed
Felix Jones RB
Kevin Ogletree WR
John Phillips TE
Derrick Dockery OG
Phil Costa C (RFA)
Kenyon Coleman DE
L.P. Ladouceur LS
Orie Lemon ILB
Victor Butler OLB
Ernie Sims ILB
Anthony Spencer OLB
Mike Jenkins CB
Danny McCray S (RFA)
Eric Frampton S
Charlie Peprah S

Cut
Doug Free OT
Dan Connor ILB
Marcus Spears DT


Draft
1st - Ezekiel Ansah DE BYU
2nd - Barrett Jones C Alabama
3rd - Gabe Jackson OG Mississippi
4th - Brennan Williams OT North Carolina
5th - Brandon Williams DT Missouri Southern State
6th - Michael Williams TE Alabama

Roster
QB - Romo, Orton
RB - Murray, Tanner, Dunbar
FB - Vickers
TE - Witten, Hanna, M.Williams
WR - Bryant, Austin, Beasley, Harris, Coale, Benford
OT - Smith, Parnell, B.Williams
OG - Livings, Jackson, Leary, Cook
C - Jones, Costa

DE - Ware, Spencer, Ansah, Crawford
DT - Hatcher, Lissemore, B.Williams, Price
OLB - Carter, Wilber, Albright
MLB - Lee, Lemon
CB - Carr, Claiborne, Scandrick, Moore, Coe
S - Sensabaugh, Church, Frampton, Johnson

LS - Ladouceur
K - Bailey
P - Jones




Why is it just because Ryan got fired that we are going to a 4-3 D? Whose to say we don't get another 3-4 DC? Better yet, how bout we wait a couple of days and find out who the DC is and then you can discuss Smile


After writing this, I read article about possible going 4-3 Smile, my bad, carry on Smile


And it doesn't make sense to fire Rob Ryan and say that you are going forward philosophically with your defense and not switch to the base 4-3. It's not a huge change, but it can help tremendously by allowing us to get better players that fit in a 4-3 better than a 3-4. And it fits our current personnel better.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 44 of 58

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group