Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tell me a lil about Andy Reid...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
Actually do agree with a lot of this thread, especially PE

Don't. You're increasing your chance of getting stroke by lighting.

Stroke?

Lightning is a dancer at the local dude strip club in denmark. Cares favorite.

Figured that what it was.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
Actually do agree with a lot of this thread, especially PE

Don't. You're increasing your chance of getting stroke by lighting.

Stroke?

Lightning is a dancer at the local dude strip club in denmark. Cares favorite.

You should see his Thunder.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you guys say he's a tough coach or a big softee?

Usually player's coaches are the latter.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:

He's kind of a big softie. But he does run a tough camp.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Al Davis is died
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:

I think it depends who you ask around here, to be honest. I have no problems admitting I'm pro-Reid, and my view here is that Reid is a pretty good balance of the two.

He's obviously not the hardest coach.

It's just not his style. But he's not one of those soft coaches that players think they can walk all over. Simply put, Reid commands respect. Players respect him and play hard for him simply because more often than not, Reid is very patient and loyal. He will also defend his players no matter how bad they are playing, and players obviously like that.

He can get fired up sometimes too, which can be scary. One time Reid was protesting a late hit on Vick that was a no-call (2010) and he was literally a walrus provoked.

I've heard many criticisms of Reid, but I seldom heard anyone saying he was too hard or too soft.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Chiefer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:

I've heard many criticisms of Reid, but I seldom heard anyone saying he was too hard or too soft.

TWSS Laughing

Okay cool thanks guys, sorry for asking so many questions, just have no idea anything about Reid other then he was the Eagles coach so the info was greatly appreciated.

Looks like John Dorsey is going to be the GM, reportedly on equal or close to equal footing as Reid. Reid has also said the GM would take care of the drafting, how much truth their is to that is unknown.

But one last question, does Big Red like Senior Bowl prospects? I have a feeling he does...don't know why though.
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
Phire wrote:

TWSS Laughing

Okay cool thanks guys, sorry for asking so many questions, just have no idea anything about Reid other then he was the Eagles coach so the info was greatly appreciated.

Looks like John Dorsey is going to be the GM, reportedly on equal or close to equal footing as Reid. Reid has also said the GM would take care of the drafting, how much truth their is to that is unknown.

But one last question, does Big Red like Senior Bowl prospects? I have a feeling he does...don't know why though.

We traded up for Brandon Graham who was senior bowl MVP. Aside from that, I don't know if he leans toward them or not.

We've taken seniors, juniors, and 30 year old firemen.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

RainbowCarebear

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
Phire wrote:

TWSS Laughing

http://bloggingthebeast.com/2013/01/07/senior-bowl-shrine-game-pledge-drive/

List of players Eagles/NFCE drafted from Senior Bowl last couple of years. A whole lot for Eagles.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
Phire wrote:

TWSS Laughing

List of players Eagles/NFCE drafted from Senior Bowl last couple of years. A whole lot for Eagles.

Woah I did not know that.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
Phire wrote:

TWSS Laughing

Woah I did not know that.

There was also the Kolb/Abiamri/Hunt/Bradley draft, all of whom were Senior Bowl particapants IIRC.

Birdwatch: Mychal Kendricks
TCK:10 TFL:1 SCK:0 INT:0 FF:0 FR:1
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Andy Reid drafts the defensive side of the ball of which he has zero idea of what he is doing. He has his way of doing things on that side of the ball and it's totally moronic. You better hope that the players that are already on the roster of the Chiefs combined with the defensive coordinator that he hires can get it done because Reid will surely gradually deplete the talent level on that side of the ball. Andy Reid probably is the worst evaluator of defensive talent ever in the history of pro football.

This is so true. Especially about the drafting. Drafting Kendricks when Janoris Jenkins was on the board... ughhh. I am surprised that choice hasn't gotten more flack. I mean, Kendricks was ok for the first half of the season, but Jenkins was outstanding with the Rams and looks to be an elite corner in the near future.

Jenkins was taken before kendricks. And LB was a huge need.

I know this is late, but Kendricks was the 46th pick and Jenkins was the 49th... so we had a shot at Jenkins. And I know LB was a big need, but Jenkins would have been a top 10 pick if he never got in trouble. Talent>Needs in draft with three positions: QB, CB, DE
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah andy really likes senior bowl players, some of the few kids he sees play in person.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Al Davis is died
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
I know this is late, but Kendricks was the 46th pick and Jenkins was the 49th... so we had a shot at Jenkins. And I know LB was a big need, but Jenkins would have been a top 10 pick if he never got in trouble. Talent>Needs in draft with three positions: QB, CB, DE
And I know this is late, but we got a 2nd round talent in Boykin in the 4th round, to accompany the pick of Kendricks. I think I'll take it TBH.
baconrad3

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To whoever asked if Reid is a big softie....Yes I think he is. I mean with all the stuff that happened with his kids (the only well-behaved one is Spencer, whom I've met a few times, real nice kid) kinda tells me that he is probably not too hard on his players/kids. He seems like a bit of a pushover in that regard. And maybe that's why players love him so much. He always takes chances on the underdogs and such.

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
RainbowCarebear

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Andy Reid drafts the defensive side of the ball of which he has zero idea of what he is doing. He has his way of doing things on that side of the ball and it's totally moronic. You better hope that the players that are already on the roster of the Chiefs combined with the defensive coordinator that he hires can get it done because Reid will surely gradually deplete the talent level on that side of the ball. Andy Reid probably is the worst evaluator of defensive talent ever in the history of pro football.

This is so true. Especially about the drafting. Drafting Kendricks when Janoris Jenkins was on the board... ughhh. I am surprised that choice hasn't gotten more flack. I mean, Kendricks was ok for the first half of the season, but Jenkins was outstanding with the Rams and looks to be an elite corner in the near future.

Jenkins was taken before kendricks. And LB was a huge need.

No... Jenkins was picked 39th

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: